Retro Forum

Topic: The Retro Dungeon of Halloween Horrors!

Showing 181 to 198 of 198

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

181. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

CountWavula wrote:

Stop laughing ogo79! :p ....However, there's always eBay. ;)

Untitled

............hahahahahahahahaha

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

182. Posted:

@CountWavulathatcantgetcountchoculaincanada
just picked up some fruit butt, i mean fruit brute. cherry cereal with marshmallows!
"It’s the first time all five of our Monsters have been available, at the same time.
Frute Brute was discontinued in 1982, after an eight-year run. It is considered by many collectors to be the most sought-after vintage cereal box. (Likely because it was used by movie director Quentin Tarantino in both “Reservoir Dogs” and “Pulp Fiction.”)"

thanks for the heads up :*

http://www.generalmills.com/en/Brands/Cereals/Monsters.aspx

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

183. Posted:

So I finally begun Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon last night after a cheesy Goosebumps(Dipping into mid 90's TV series, what's wrong with you WaveBoy!?) 'Netflix' marathon haha.

So far? Well I'm feeling a little mixed on the experience having come from the GCN original which imo had better controls due to the versatility and intuitiveness of the C-Stick which i remember felt like a joy to control rather than the clunky akward-ish controls present in the sequel. The first Luigi's Mansion also ran in 60 frames per second Vs the 30fps in Dark Moon and i prefer the idea of exploring one large mansion rather than exploring smaller multiple ones, but it does makes things more fresh instead of retreading back to the same formula. Also, i remember the ghosts in LM having a lot more character & looking a LOT less generic than Dark Moon's....

Visuals btw look absolutely SPOOKtacular! The 3D Effect makes this game come Alive, an enormous improvement rather than being stuck in 2D. I've put maybe 3 hours into it, still playing through the first mansion and it's easily one of my favorite 3DS games, but the lack of 2nd stick really hurts the experience. If this title supports it, the CC Pro would be far more ideal to use than what's given. I hope to finish this quazi dissapointing sequel(ahem, only because of the controls!)soon so i can squeeze in the mother of Metroids Super Metroid. ;)

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

184. Posted:

Alright just went to my local Target and stocked up on Frute Brute and Yummy Mummy. Now I can truely be retro by eating a bowl while watching the first Friday the 13th. ;)

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

185. Posted:

Definitely gonna squeeze in some goosebumps!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

186. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Definitely gonna squeeze in some goosebumps!

I've been watching season 1-4 on and off on Netflix. They really dropped the ball with Season 4. 1 & 2 were easily the best, but the show imo just doesn't hold a candle to Are You Afraid of the Dark. Still fun to watch nonethless but it feels a little cheaper than AYAOTD at times and the consistincy of good episodes are few and far between. 'The Haunted Mask' still remains as my favorite. I skipped hours of trick r treating just to stay home and watch the Debut episode of Goosebumps back in 95. :P

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

ogo79

187. Posted:

yeah goosebumps books and show was great. yes i actually know how to read!
those who dont believe me i dont blame you

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

ogo79

188. Posted:

CountWavula wrote:

Another reason why Canada sucks, we don't get the october Halloween vintage return of Count Chocula, Yummy Mummy,Frute Brute, Boo Berry and last but definitely not least, Frankenberry! Stop laughing ogo79! :p ....However, there's always eBay. ;)

Untitled

ok, ive stocked up on 7 freakin boxes. they dont expire until like 7 months.
1 fruit brute
2 boo berry
3 fruity yummy mummy
1 frankenberry

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

PrincessSugoi

189. Posted:

Nice thread.

I won't be celebrating Halloween through Retro games though, I can't really do horror related games. ^^; Instead I'll be doing it through movies, already had the obligatory Rocky Horror viewing and some 90's fun with Hocus Pocus. Jumped back into "current day" for a bit with American Horror Story and now watching a little Halloween II. Will be doing some Goosebumps over the next 24 hours and the Hub will likely be doing some Haunting Hour to alternate with.

Current playlist: Senran Kagura Burst, Super Mario Bros. 3, Sonic the Hedgehog 1, Nightsky

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

190. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

yeah goosebumps books and show was great. yes i actually know how to read!
those who dont believe me i dont blame you

R.L Stine(Or as i like to call him, mole head) gives me a FrankenBoner.
Beware you're in for a scare! I watched The Haunted Mask II last night, i remember having a bit of a crush on Carly Beth back in the mid 90's. :P
I always dreamed of taking her to..............The Golden Cortal! We're going to the Golden Carral!

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

191. Posted:

I just started my trick through Super Castlevania IV today, and man is that game fun. I had my mouth hanging open half the time because of how magical it is.

On a side note I also started Left 4 Dead if that counts.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

192. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

CountWavula wrote:

Another reason why Canada sucks, we don't get the october Halloween vintage return of Count Chocula, Yummy Mummy,Frute Brute, Boo Berry and last but definitely not least, Frankenberry! Stop laughing ogo79! :p ....However, there's always eBay. ;)

Untitled

ok, ive stocked up on 7 freakin boxes. they dont expire until like 7 months.
1 fruit brute
2 boo berry
3 fruity yummy mummy
1 frankenberry

Nice! That's a lot of Sugary Halloween vintage goop. That would completely slay my IBS. A reflux-riddled GerdAthon night of bad-dudes burpies and Cheeta men-chest pains, to top it off with a touch of dizzyness and slight feeling of "i'm gonna croke"....But it would sooooo be worth it haha. I'm going to get a few of these on ebay in a week or so, I've got to have those boxes!

Anyways, Happy halloween everyone! Wish i would of started a game of Super Metroid instead of Luigi's Mansion 2. :P it's a good game, but who in their right mind would pick that over super metroid. Me, that's Boo! I've had all month, but as always i leave everything to the last minute.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Ryno

193. Posted:

Happy Halloween ghosts and ghouls, I hope some psycho with a mask doesn't come after any of you tonight! (Except for @ogo79 since he is into that sorta thing.)

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

ogo79

194. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Happy Halloween ghosts and ghouls, I hope some psycho with a mask doesn't come after any of you tonight! (Except for @ogo79 since he is into that sorta thing.)

ill do that, and happy halloween to you all!
tonight is manly night for a vampire hunter. beer, sausage and baked potatoes makes for the fine occasion...

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

195. Posted:

Time to watch a little Killer Clowns from Outerspace. :* It's dissapointing too that NetFlix(bluh, i barely even use it as it is) doesn't even have the 2nd or later seasons of 'Are You afaid of the dark' Yet it has every episode of Goosebumps....I guess R.L Stine made them an offer they couldn't refuse. zoink!

Untitled

BTW, Ogo's been up to no good with his hardcore Electro dance antics, here he is performing 'Acid Rock' ;)

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

196. Posted:

Are you implying that the first season of Are You Afraid of the Dark IS on Netflix? :O

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

197. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Are you implying that the first season of Are You Afraid of the Dark IS on Netflix? :O

See for yourself. ;) :*
It should be, at least on the Canadian Netflix. Season 2 was always my favorite, but 1's still pretty entertaining.

AuthorMessage

MAB

198. Posted:

Looks like I will need to pull this thread back into the darkness far away from all the childish halloweeny shenanigans with some good old MadAussified musics just to get everyone fired up for the onslaught of horrors ;)

DIMMU BORGIR - Gateways

DIMMU BORGIR - Progenies of the Great Apocalypse

MAB