Retro Forum

Topic: The Retro Dungeon of Halloween Horrors!

Showing 161 to 180 of 247

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

161. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Anybody else saving their holloween games until the 19th so they can play more Pokemon do a 13 days of Holloween type thing? I know I am.

I've been on a giant Halloween horror movie binge, watching everything from 80's slashers to universal classics such as Bride of Frankenstien all the way up to the Hammer studio produced 'Horror of dracula' staring the early Christopher Lee(He's a dissapointment compared to Bela Lugosi, and i hate the fact that he doesn't say a word in any of the sequels) ect ect. I'm going to start my halloween games tonight after i dip into Tim Burton's stop motion modern masterpiece 'Frankenweenie' :* First up will be Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon, followed by Super Metroid and last up if i have time to squeeze it in will be Friday the 13th on the NES. I don't think i'll ever be able to beat that game, nor do i have the patience but it's just so fitting for the season!

Canis's Halloween Gaming lineup as seen below. ;)

Super Ghouls n Gundam
Resident Gundam
Zombies ate my Gundam

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

162. Posted:

im going to go as someone who wears underwear for halloween, they say always dress up as something yer not in real life.
just keepin it trill

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

163. Posted:

@ogo79
Good to hear that you're finally doing something about that monster in your pocket.
What would Molly Ringwald think?

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

MAB

164. Posted:

Alright! enough of the staleness of this stagnant dungeony thread... Time to bring back the retro with a horror flick that is more cheesy than CountWavula and as 80's as his yellowing NES...

Untitled
MAB's creaky theatre doors have opened yet again ;)

TERRORVISION (1986)

Edited on by MAB

MAB

AuthorMessage

Ryno

165. Posted:

You know what would make a horror night??? Being forced to play Genesis games all night long with that tin can sound cranked up on a 80's boom box connected via the headphone jack of the Genesis version 1. Makes me shudder just thinking about . :P

I haven't been doing much Halloween type things this year outside of playing a little Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance and that is mainly because I'm a father now and the huge majority of time revolves around my son. I am looking forward to taking him tick-or-treating this year though! :)

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

166. Posted:

Well started my retro Halloween game fest started today. Played a bit of Super Castlevania IV today and I have to say that that game has held up well over the years. The music especially. Man that song that plays right as you enter the first stage really got me pumped lol. The rest of the stages music too was great it really felt well with the atmosphere.

The last time I played this game was back on the SNES when it first came out, not sure why but I didn't enjoy the game back then but now I am having a totally blast its like I am playing this game for the first time again. A few of the levels came back to me and on my first playthrough I got to the room in stage IV with the green platforms that flip when you land on them, man I hate those things going to have to practice up on those.

@Ryno: Hope you have fun with your son's first outting at Trick or treating. Best part is he's too young to enjoy the candy. ;)

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

ogo79

167. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

You know what would make a horror night??? Being forced to play Genesis games all night long

you better watch it, i know where you type at.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Ryno

168. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

You know what would make a horror night??? Being forced to play Genesis games all night long

and I know where your Halloween costume is at :o

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

ogo79

169. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

got me there!
you must have good eyes if you can see my transparent banana hammock

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

MAB

170. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

got me there!

You only have a hammock... The ladies love my banana lounge ;)

Untitled

MAB

AuthorMessage

ogo79

171. Posted:

@MadAussieBloke
she just excited for me to open my game room...shes been out there waiting for days

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

172. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

got me there!

You only have a hammock... The ladies love my banana lounge ;)

Untitled

Yea that's until they get chomped in half by a Kangaroo shark. Then they come crawling to the wavian pee wee-pad where they can dry off and play with my hot dripping wet teenage mutant ninja turtle dolls. ;)

And funny you mention Terror Vision i was actually going to pick that up on Bluray the other day(Which includes Videodrome as combo-pack) it looks absolutely killer! But i picked up the less expensive Sinister and Mama instead. boo hoo.

@Ryno_The pumpkin_Gobbler
Have fun taking little Michaelangelo out tricker treating! Even though he's not old enough to enjoy the sweets. :P For now, he'd make a great Shy guy, but Hopefully he'll come to his spider senses and go 'Mega' on his 4th Halloween! I haven't actually started my Halloween GameAthon yet, looks like I'll just be squeezing in Luigi's Mansion 2 and Super Metroid...It's going to be a god send after finishing that black & white frustrating linear repetitive mess that was Metroid II. The spookylicious & ghoulish fun starts tomorrow muhahaha. B-)

Untitled

AuthorMessage

MAB

173. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

@MadAussieBloke
she just excited for me to open my game room...shes been out there waiting for days

Untitled

MAB

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

174. Posted:

Looks like I'll be playing Super Castlevania lV this Halloween! ;)

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

175. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo: That makes two of us, but mine I will be playing on my SNES.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

176. Posted:

I'm still playing Bloodlines instead. On My Genesis. 'Cuz Konami. <_<

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

177. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Retro_on_theGo: That makes two of us, but mine I will be playing on my SNES.

Lucky. I'd prefer a cart version but I never did find a reasonably priced cart. Hopefully some day soon.
in addition to this i miiight go to the Ghalloping Ghost Arcade's halloween party! Retro games galore, costumes, music, food? Hell yes! Probably cram a b movie into the night too!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

178. Posted:

Bloodlines was great! Even the weakest(I still prefer ReBirth) 'traditional' classicVania game doesn't disappointment unlike a certain series staring a blue dude with an arm cannon. Heck, even the original Castlevania: The Adventure(sluggish controls aside) managed to drizzle out the fun in spades while offering one nasty challenge. I liked that one, it doesn't deserve the awful to mediocre ratings that it's been receiving when you take into account that it was an old gameboy release and the first portable Castlevania game to experience on the go.

Anyways, there are no ClassicCastlevania games for me to play.....Because, well....I beat them all to the soily' haunted ground with my WaveWhip. ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

179. Posted:

Another reason why Canada sucks, we don't get the october Halloween vintage return of Count Chocula, Yummy Mummy,Frute Brute, Boo Berry and last but definitely not least, Frankenberry! Stop laughing ogo79! :p ....However, there's always eBay. ;)

Untitled

AuthorMessage

ogo79

180. Posted:

CountWavula wrote:

Stop laughing ogo79! :p ....However, there's always eBay. ;)

Untitled

............hahahahahahahahaha

the_shpydar wrote: