Retro Forum

Topic: The Retro Dungeon of Halloween Horrors!

Showing 141 to 160 of 198

AuthorMessage

Ryno

141. Posted:

In that case you don't need more levels you just need to explore those levels some more and defeat some bosses and gain some crests. Atlantis will open up you have the right items.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

142. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

In that case you don't need more levels you just need to explore those levels some more and defeat some bosses and gain some crests. Atlantis will open up you have the right items.

Crud. I always feel like I'm in the wrong dungeon. Like I was in the Spires and I can't seem to get anywhere without getting killed...and I can't beat the stupid Fire Boss, so I think I need a new power-up to get him...and I think the water level is impossible without the water power, there's just no way I can fly through that one passage before I'm underwater...crud...

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

143. Posted:

A quote CanisWolfDude made in the 'Post your SNES Collection' thread....

"Absolutely nothing, as it should be, and will always be."

Singing a different tune now i see? I guess all it takes is a Demon's Crest for them Sega critters to blast past that faulty blast processing. ;)

Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

MAB

144. Posted:

Don't worry mate, there will be that moment when you realise you're just playing a giant turd on a poop system... Just insert a real retro dungeon horror game into that Megadrive of absolute awesome sauce ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

145. Posted:

I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a Ryu Shurikin Spatula than endure such a low quality cart as expected from this sucky sega slime ball that sounds like it rose from the firey demonic depths of 16-bit hell. ;) They should of called the Genesis, the Sega Satan.

It's the perfect match for horror games with it's dark, muddy, muted & limited color pallette and most importantly it's gargly, drowning, possessed & satanic chip tunes/SFX. Plus it makes for an awesome Rave machine, Streets of Rage 1 & 2 have some of the Best 16-bit OST's to grace this groovy graveyard! Sega did what NIntendDidn't in these 2 areas!

The Haunted says hi!

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

brooks83

146. Posted:

I was hoping the new Shadowgate would be out by Halloween, but I don't think it's gonna make it :( . I guess I can play through the NES version again though.

brooks83

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

147. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

I was hoping the new Shadowgate would be out by Halloween, but I don't think it's gonna make it :( . I guess I can play through the NES version again though.

I've only played about an hour of that game when i rented it back when i was six years sold. :P
What 6 year old has the patience for Shadowgate? Nah. i was honestly just too scared by Death and the creepy chip tunes to go any further. Yup, that....right there was the definitive scary-NES experience for moizy'

AuthorMessage

ogo79

148. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

i was honestly just too scared by Death and the creepy chip tunes to go any further. Yup, that....right there was the definitive scary-NES experience for moizy'

dont worry, ill be there for you when you need me to hold you tight...
tighter than doo-doo stains in a pair of hanes

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

MAB

149. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

i was honestly just too scared by Death and the creepy chip tunes to go any further. Yup, that....right there was the definitive scary-NES experience for moizy'

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

This is just way too scary man, shiz I'm outta here... Help him ogsta... You're his only hope ;)

Edited on by MAB

MAB

AuthorMessage

Ryno

150. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

I've only played about an hour of that game when i rented it back when i was six years sold. :P
What 6 year old has the patience for Shadowgate? Nah. i was honestly just too scared by Death and the creepy chip tunes to go any further. Yup, that....right there was the definitive scary-NES experience for moizy'

I thought you were going to get that game like 2 years ago? What's the hold up, are you stuck in the Ecto-Containment Unit again? :P

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

151. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

I thought you were going to get that game like 2 years ago? What's the hold up, are you stuck in the Ecto-Containment Unit again? :P

I've been spending most of my precious Proto Man coins on Electro Doonad pieces for my Dr. DeLorean Funkatron 80's-Duder time machine of He-man historia. ;) Yikes & Kites!, i haven't picked up a cart for the NES since Mega Man 6...Aside from Metroid II and the green stained TMNT III: Radical Rescue a couple of months ago on the Brickalicious GB. :O Luigi's Mansion 2 was the last video game retail purchase i made and that was just a coupe of days ago which was part of my tastey Halloween horror movie lineup of 20+ dvd's i snaged off Amazon.

somebody needs to give me a vintage smach to the Naughty noggin! I've mostly been trashing my cash on horror VHS tapes and 80's toys outside of getting furniture for my new place. :P

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

152. Posted:

I think this Halloween season I will indulge in the wonderful world of B-movies! :D Yeah, that t's what I'll do! I'm gonna be watching different movies across the month, what ever gets my attention. From Night of the Lepus to Caltiki! And maybe I'll hook up the lo' NES againan d play shadow gate! I do have the cartridge just lying around.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

153. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Night of the Lepus

dat mooovie
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

154. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

You weren't there to clean up the 8-bit nut double fudge sundae i left in my SilverHawks undies.
Good to see that there will now be a Ghoulish poopy clean up on ISLE 8 from none other than Ogo the haunted rat.

Untitled

No really, Splatterhouse 3, Shadowgate, Resident Evil(PS1) and Ju-ON/The Grudge were the only games to ever scare me. Silent Hill wasn't scary, it was just depressing and unsettling, not to mention one horrible a** gaming experience that i'd like to forget. You'll be running through that ugly 32-bit fog for minutes on end, it was like traveling through LOZ Wind Waker's Sea with a blind fold on for crying out loud. :o

Anyways, need to create my new Halloween Avy tonight. Muh...ha..ha...HA! :*

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Ryno

155. Posted:

What do you guys think of Nightmare on Elm Street for the NES? I think I need to get it.

If only we would have got this game though where YOU are Freddy!
Untitled

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

156. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

What do you guys think of Nightmare on Elm Street for the NES? I think I need to get it.

If only we would have got this game though where YOU are Freddy!
Untitled

someone was making a friday the 13th game where you were none other than the sexy jason voorhees
http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2011/06/demo-havoc-game...

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

157. Posted:

As a giant freddy fan, i too am disappointed that we didn't get the original version. I guess playing as freddy and slaughtering teens in their dreams woud of seemed a bit too much(or so they think!) for us kiddies back then.

BAH! instead...make way for an extremely mediocre haunted house Bone collecting FestiO with some of the most cookie cutter stock enemies around. The potential to make a great ANOES is there, but we haven't seen it yet....nor will we ever. :P

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

158. Posted:

Time to start Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon which will be the first HalloNasty I skellaDive in to tomorrow. B-) Question is my puss filled pixelings, Does it surpass the GCN original?

Untitled

The only noticeable downside right off the bat without even having to play it is that it's now locked in at 30 frames per second Vs the originals 60 but that's expected due to the power draining stereoscopic 3D. :P

Somebody please hold me tight(Trill? Ogo? Salvester Stalone?), those NintenGhosters are scarier than the head twirling kid off the exorsist!

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

159. Posted:

Gee Golly & ghosts! This thread is deader than a deep fried fondue Mega Man, Nintendo life sadly has a weak Halloween spirit this year Vs the last! :P I currently have the original Evil Dead playing in the background right now, to hype me up for the remake which i'll be watching in about an hour! Most remakes these days are utter trash but Evil Dead and Maniac are supposably 2 of the better remakes these days, shall be interesting, i know i'm excited! :

Untitled
"I must overcome the broken map, destroy Mrs Vorhee's flying Medusa head and RULE camp crystal Loser Lake"

Plus I'm going to have a Chucky/Childs play Marathon starting tomorrow with 1, 2, 3(Bride & Seed not included)and the brand spanking NEW Childs Play 6:Curse of Chucky which was just released on the 7nth. Has anybody checked out Curse yet!? Anyways, now if you'll excuse me, i've got a date with a Ghost sucking Vaccume wielding green italian plumber & a giant bowl of Halloween Treats(more like a bowl of devilish diabitetes) B-)

Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

160. Posted:

Anybody else saving their holloween games until the 19th so they can play more Pokemon do a 13 days of Holloween type thing? I know I am.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~