Retro Forum

Topic: The Retro Dungeon of Halloween Horrors!

Showing 121 to 140 of 247

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

121. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'm thinking of playing Resident Evil 4, REMake, Eternal Darkness, Castlevania: Bloodlines, Disgaea, and maybe something else starting the 19th. I can't wait.

Almost forgot the greatest game for the holiday season:

Untitled

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

122. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Retro? Halloween? Is it really that time again!?!??! :D
You know what October 1st means! Cinnemasacre's ...MOOOONSTER MADNESSS!!! :D :D :D

Untitled
Hell yeah! AVGN is thee' god father of Youtube. The beginning of the NERD ala' 2006 were great times on youtube when it was more raw & real.. :D Never get tired of hearing his opinions, and i'm looking forward to another......Cinnemasacare's....MOOOOOONSTER MADNESS!!! :* Man, hIs older videos give me such a giant fuzzy feeling of modern Nostalgia. XP

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

123. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'm thinking of playing Resident Evil 4, REMake, Eternal Darkness, Castlevania: Bloodlines, Disgaea, and maybe something else starting the 19th. I can't wait.

Almost forgot the greatest game for the holiday season:

Untitled

I'd love to play this, but it's semi high price tag always derails me. Besides, i still need to tackle Gargoyle's Quest II for the NES, another cart that's worth more money than Ogo79's entire vintage Snot collection.

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

124. Posted:

I would kill to be able to play Gargoyle's Quest II, man...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

125. Posted:

Aw crap...it's that time of year again. I'll have to write another one of these:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/10/feature_the_nintendo...

:(

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

126. Posted:

Philip_J_Reed wrote:

Aw crap...it's that time of year again. I'll have to write another one of these:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/10/feature_the_nintendo...

:(

What the heck happened to the Nintendolife book club? Where you reviewed a Castlevania ll book. I think that'd fit nice for the season ;)

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Philip_J_Reed

127. Posted:

Haha...what happened was me being bad at my job. I started the review for the Ninja Gaiden "novel" but never finished it. No promises, but if I can find that book again quickly enough maybe I'll do that too!

NL Forum Moderator / Part-Time Reviewer / One-Track Lover
Noiseless Chatter, my pop culture blog that will change your life
Wii U Account: ChickenBrutus (add me!)
Mega Man No Damage Runs, and more

Twitter: NoNoiseChitChat

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

128. Posted:

I am thinking that October will be the perfect month for me to finally finish up Castlevania Lord of Shadows: Mirror of Fate on the 3Ds and I am seriously thinking of giving Super Castlevania another try as well. Also thinking that I might continue onward with Diablo III on the 360.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

129. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

I am thinking that October will be the perfect month for me to finally finish up *Castlevania Lord of Shadows: Mirror of Fate on the 3Ds.

That would be the equivalent of a NintenTurtle finishing a race. Not only is that game bad, Simon Belmont controls like a dump truck with 10 bats sucking the life & bits out of him....And don't get me started on the uneccaptable fame rate...:P At least it has that dazzling 3D going for it. lol

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

130. Posted:

@Waveatron: I don't know I rather enjoy the game. Those things just don't bug me I guess.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

ogo79

131. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

another cart that's worth more money than Ogo79's entire vintage Snot collection.

i doubt that

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

132. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Waveatron: I don't know I rather enjoy the game. Those things just don't bug me I guess.

You know what bugs me? I've beaten every single traditional castlevania game, there's nothing on the way and i've got nothing to play, except REPLAY. :p
And nah, you'll never get me to trudge through another MetroidVania. Symphony didn't really do it for me, Dawn of Sorrow however was pretty solid! But it's all that i can take. I have no desire to play another one of those...But i'd rather jump into OoE or PoR rather than that western crap fest that is Mirror of fate. :*

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

MAB

133. Posted:

You can't have a spooky, scary, haunted house without some freakish oddities ;)

Fish with human teeth
Untitled

Dog with human face
Untitled

Lamb born with troll face
Untitled

Vampire woman from Mexico
Untitled

That dude from Bethesda
Untitled

Edited on by MAB

MAB

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

134. Posted:

@Waveboy: Yeah PoR was pretty solid. I would say its the best Castlevania on the DS. Only thing though is its somewhat as hard to find as a stale Turtles Pudding Pie unless you go to eBay or Amazon.

Speaking of TMNT wait till you see what I got in the Retro Purchase thread. ;)

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Ryno

135. Posted:

If there is anything you guys do this Halloween season, it is to get a copy of Gargoyles Quest II and Demon's Crest.

I'm enjoying Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance right now though I wish it wasn't so 80's neony. I mean don't get me wrong, neon is cool but not for a Castlevania game. Overall minor gripe. I know there was some hate back in the day but I think the old school chip tunes are pretty rad. Also looking forward to finding the bare room in Drac's castle and turning that into Ryno's rave room. :D

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

MAB

136. Posted:

No retro dungeon is ever complete without a medieval end of the world scenario ;)

Autistic aussie rapper FUBEX will drop a tale over a phat retro old school Defender of the Crown beat...

MAB

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

137. Posted:

I think I'll be playing Alan Wake after dark. I don't care what anyone says, something makes me jump when Taken just spawns axe mid-swing.

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

138. Posted:

Playing Demon's Crest is a Nightmare. BTW, I can only find 3 levels, the Jungle Level, the Colosseum, and the Spires...where are the others?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ryno

139. Posted:

@CanisWolfred: It's a difficult game to give hints on without knowing what abilities you have and who you have defeated. Have you been to Atlantis?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

140. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

@CanisWolfred: It's a difficult game to give hints on without knowing what abilities you have and who you have defeated. Have you been to Atlantis?

I literally just started the game fresh. I don't think I've been there yet.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~