Forums

Topic: The GameBoy Advance Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 201

Heavyarms55

@DTMOF84 I purchased mine from Ebay. If mine is a fake, it's a very accurate one. If you buy from ebay, just check reviews of the seller and buy from someone with a good rating.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Sunsy

@Zeldafan79 I mentioned it earlier in the thread seeing if anyone else played it, may I suggest Sonic Battle? While the Sonic series is popular, I consider Sonic Battle an underrated hidden gem that not many talk about.

It's a fighting game, however story mode has some RPG elements to it. You have some sort of overworld, where you can move Sonic to different locations to trigger a story event or a battle. There's also a robot named Emerl, who can learn other characters' moves via cards earned. Emerl can earn more points to learn more moves, though this can get really grindy by replaying training battles a lot.

If you don't mind the grind, it might be worth checking out. If you're not into Sonic, that's fine, I'm just making a suggestion since it's a bit different.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Zeldafan79

@Sunsy
I do like sonic and fighting games so I'll look into it.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Sunsy

@Zeldafan79 Hope you enjoy it if you do play it. It's also worth noting there's a challenge mode in the game, which plays more like a traditional arcade-style fighting game. Similar to classic mode in Smash Bros.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

DTMOF84

I'm still trying to decide between the Everdrive X5 and EZ Flash Omega. The biggest argument for me against the EZ Flash seems to be the battery consumption and possible saving issues. Kinda hard to want to pay double for the Everdrive though. Does the Everdrive sticking out the top of the GBA really bother anyone? Doesn't look too hateful to me. But that was a thought also.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

Zuljaras

@DTMOF84 On the EZ-Flash site it states "Hardware based direct save to SD card." so why do you care about saving issues?

I have one of the old ez-flash with the battery saves that is only for the DS lite and it is not that great especially with GBA games on the DS.

DTMOF84

@Zuljaras several of the reviews I've read on it say that they had their saves folder wiped out. Supposedly you have to wait five seconds after saving before switching games or powering off to try and avoid it.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

Vinny

Those two Crash games for the GBA (Huge Adventure and N-tranced) were pretty fun, they really captured the feel of the PSX trilogy imo.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

DTMOF84

Got the Everdrive X5. Liking it so far. I see he is making a regular cartridge size model of it that should ship soon. But I didn’t really want to wait for it. Anyone have any tips for using this thing? I haven’t had any trouble so far. But was wondering about the different save types it uses and what they mean.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

DTMOF84

@Ninfan going good. I have it loaded up pretty well with everything I wanted to play on it. Haven’t had any issues.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

Ninfan

DTMOF84 wrote:

@Ninfan going good. I have it loaded up pretty well with everything I wanted to play on it. Haven’t had any issues.

@DTMOF84 what games have you used on it, do you use old cartridges you own or new ones?

Ninfan

Vinny

What do you guys think about Yoshi Topsy Turvy?
From what I've seen it got some mixed to bad reviews back when it came out.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Anti-Matter

Want to ask.
Are Mario Advance games (both Japan and English version) are using flash memory to save to game?
I'm afraid i will buy dead games due to dead battery inside GBA cartridge. 😰

Anti-Matter

Ninfan

Anti-Matter wrote:

Want to ask.
Are Mario Advance games (both Japan and English version) are using flash memory to save to game?

@Anti-Matter yes I have them games they do save the games on the cartridge. most of the games on GBA save to the cartridge have you played the Wario games on it, its brilliant.

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

RadioShadow

Anti-Matter wrote:

Want to ask.

This website lists the type of save files GBA games use: http://offlinelistgba.free.fr/index.php

All of the Mario GBA games use EEPROM or Flash. The advantage of this save is data can been written thousands and thousands of times before becoming unusable. In short, all GBA EEPROM / Flash GBA games you buy today will still have plenty of times you can save the game.

RadioShadow

Twitter:

j-a8-9

The first GBA system was about Mario and I had Game and Watch Gallery 4. I had fun playing it since it was released in 2002 where my childhood brought me some imaginative details.

j-a8-9

RLSid17

Hi I have a question since this Gameboy Advance related. I recently brought a reshelled GBA SP. It works great and but the screen is a little off. I mean the LCD light is a bit noticeable (probably when it was reshelled) Can I open the up the GBA SP screen and kinda readjust the screen?

RLSid17

Eel

I suppose thats up to you. If you know what you're doing go for it.

Though be aware you could end up making it worse.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

1UP_MARIO

@RLSid17 yes it’s possible. I’ve re shelled a couple of SPs. It’s quite simple. There’s also loads of DIY videos on YouTube. Good luck

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic