Forums

Topic: The GameBoy Advance Thread

Posts 141 to 152 of 152

Heavyarms55

@DTMOF84 I purchased mine from Ebay. If mine is a fake, it's a very accurate one. If you buy from ebay, just check reviews of the seller and buy from someone with a good rating.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Edelgard profile pic credit to: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

Sunsy

@Zeldafan79 I mentioned it earlier in the thread seeing if anyone else played it, may I suggest Sonic Battle? While the Sonic series is popular, I consider Sonic Battle an underrated hidden gem that not many talk about.

It's a fighting game, however story mode has some RPG elements to it. You have some sort of overworld, where you can move Sonic to different locations to trigger a story event or a battle. There's also a robot named Emerl, who can learn other characters' moves via cards earned. Emerl can earn more points to learn more moves, though this can get really grindy by replaying training battles a lot.

If you don't mind the grind, it might be worth checking out. If you're not into Sonic, that's fine, I'm just making a suggestion since it's a bit different.

Edited on by Sunsy

Sunsy

Zeldafan79

@Sunsy
I do like sonic and fighting games so I'll look into it.

Zeldafan79

Sunsy

@Zeldafan79 Hope you enjoy it if you do play it. It's also worth noting there's a challenge mode in the game, which plays more like a traditional arcade-style fighting game. Similar to classic mode in Smash Bros.

Sunsy

DTMOF84

I'm still trying to decide between the Everdrive X5 and EZ Flash Omega. The biggest argument for me against the EZ Flash seems to be the battery consumption and possible saving issues. Kinda hard to want to pay double for the Everdrive though. Does the Everdrive sticking out the top of the GBA really bother anyone? Doesn't look too hateful to me. But that was a thought also.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

Zuljaras

@DTMOF84 On the EZ-Flash site it states "Hardware based direct save to SD card." so why do you care about saving issues?

I have one of the old ez-flash with the battery saves that is only for the DS lite and it is not that great especially with GBA games on the DS.

Zuljaras

DTMOF84

@Zuljaras several of the reviews I've read on it say that they had their saves folder wiped out. Supposedly you have to wait five seconds after saving before switching games or powering off to try and avoid it.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

Vinny

Those two Crash games for the GBA (Huge Adventure and N-tranced) were pretty fun, they really captured the feel of the PSX trilogy imo.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

DTMOF84

Got the Everdrive X5. Liking it so far. I see he is making a regular cartridge size model of it that should ship soon. But I didn’t really want to wait for it. Anyone have any tips for using this thing? I haven’t had any trouble so far. But was wondering about the different save types it uses and what they mean.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

Ninfan

@DTMOF84 hows your Everdrive X5 going ?

some of my Favourite games
Rick dangerous ( zx spectrum )
Battletoads ( game boy )
Tomb raider ( play station )
Speed freaks ( play station )
Wario ware ( game boy advance )
Advance wars ( gameboy advance )
Eternal darkness ( gamecube )

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

DTMOF84

@Ninfan going good. I have it loaded up pretty well with everything I wanted to play on it. Haven’t had any issues.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic