Forums

Topic: The Chicken Brutus Top 10!

Posts 81 to 98 of 98

tambourine_man

Wow, Maniac Mansion is pretty cool. I never played it before now. It's about as creepy as a NES game can get, hehe. I got to the third floor, then all my people were caught.

tambourine_man

Philip_J_Reed

Adam:
It is point and click. Having to use the D-pad on the NES version is clunky compared to a mouse (well, duh, Brutus...) but you'll get used to it. If you DO have an aversion to controlling it that way, the PC version supports the mouse, and many people do consider it the superior release. (They're liars, though. And they eat puppies.)

Hey, Mr. Tambourine Man:
You do know you can get out of the dungeon if you get caught, right? Explore the area, you might find something that doesn't seem right...

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

tambourine_man

Well I loaded it up again to have another look, didn't bother getting anywhere, just got caught straight away so I might be missing an item. The only things I can see in the dungeon are a loose brick, which I can't seem to move, and an unlit light that might need a candle from somewhere upstairs? I haven't had a proper look with items yet though.

tambourine_man

Adam

My problem with point and click isn't the controller but that it's generally a boring genre. But I thought the same about RPGs and Earthbound changed my mind, so I could see feeling the same way about this based on your description.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Philip_J_Reed

tambourine+man wrote:

Well I loaded it up again to have another look, didn't bother getting anywhere, just got caught straight away so I might be missing an item. The only things I can see in the dungeon are a loose brick, which I can't seem to move, and an unlit light that might need a candle from somewhere upstairs? I haven't had a proper look with items yet though.

SPOILER WARNING (well, only a spoiler if you really want to solve one specific puzzle yourself)

Ready?

Read on if so.

Cuz I'll tell you how to get out of the dungeon.

Anyway, if you have two or more character in the dungeon, position one by the door, and one by the loose brick. The one by the brick can "push" the loose brick (I think that's the right verb...try everything) and that will unlatch the door for a second. So switch back quickly to the one by the door and exit the dungeon.

With this method, one character will always be left behind, so try not to get caught. At some point you can find a key to the dungeon door, and then you can exit whenever you like. Though I can remember the locations of possibly all the keys (I sure played this a lot...) I can't remember which one works with the dungeon, so until you find it, just try not to get captured.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Kid_A

Like the list so far. I've never played Manic Mansion, but I've always wanted to. And Link to the Past is fantastic, even though I felt that the difficulty was sometimes unfair (as you don't always have a great idea of what you're supposed to do next). You're a very talented reviewer. Keep up the good work.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Stevie

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

SPOILER WARNING (well, only a spoiler if you really want to solve one specific puzzle yourself)

At some point you can find a key to the dungeon door, and then you can exit whenever you like. Though I can remember the locations of possibly all the keys (I sure played this a lot...) I can't remember which one works with the dungeon, so until you find it, just try not to get captured.

SPOILER - The dungeon key is in the chandelier in the living room, you get it by recording the broken record with the tape recorder and then playing this in the player in the living room thus smashing the chandelier.

Philip_J_Reed

Thanks Stevie! I'm glad I let you answer it then, as I was leaning toward it being the one you find at the bottom of the pool.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

SonicMaster

@chicken brutus
hey, you're finishing by my birthday! your #1 game could be your b-day present to me!

Edited on by SonicMaster

SonicMaster

Stuffgamer1

I approve of Link to the Past making the list, and I agree with your opinion of the original Legend of Zelda. I do like Zelda 2 a bit more than you, though.

As for Manic Mansion, I've never played it. Probably give it a go if it hits VC. Sounds good.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

tambourine_man

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

tambourine+man wrote:

Ready?

Read on if so.

Cuz I'll tell you how to get out of the dungeon.

Anyway, if you have two or more character in the dungeon, position one by the door, and one by the loose brick. The one by the brick can "push" the loose brick (I think that's the right verb...try everything) and that will unlatch the door for a second. So switch back quickly to the one by the door and exit the dungeon.

With this method, one character will always be left behind, so try not to get caught. At some point you can find a key to the dungeon door, and then you can exit whenever you like. Though I can remember the locations of possibly all the keys (I sure played this a lot...) I can't remember which one works with the dungeon, so until you find it, just try not to get captured.

What an insane puzzle! I'll have another go at the game later.

Edited on by tambourine_man

tambourine_man

Stevie

I demand more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Philip_J_Reed

I literally forgot I even had a journal. Will finish soon!

Gah. I've got so much Fallout 3 blogging to do and I haven't even finished this. I'm a bad chicken.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

JayArr

I feel like this topic is missing something.....I can't put my finger on it though.

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

Philip_J_Reed

I keep getting drawn into other projects.

...speaking of which, a big one is coming this weekend. Keep an eye peeled around these forums.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Trin

A mixed bag so far.

Some quality choices that would make my own Top 10 list, like Zelda III, some solid games that wouldn't make my personal list but you can't really argue with, like Half Life II, and some, erm... yeah. Less said the better.

Look forward to hearing the rest of them...

Edited on by Trin

Trin

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.