Forums

Topic: The 100 Best Virtual Boy Games

Posts 21 to 33 of 33

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

I don't see Wario Land on that list.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Digiki

If you think you have what it takes, be warned: you will face off against a host of bizarre enemies such as Honey-Bee, Thorn-Ball, Bomb-Bat, and Chain-Saw Fish, and even some guys who don't have hyphens in their names. Good luck!

SpamBot 5000: Hi, can you chat? I'm horny and all alone in City Name I Stole From Your Cookies. Can you help me?

Syd Lexia: This game was the Virtual Boy's answer to Sonic the Hedgehog. Plagued by constant accusations from Sega that the Virtual Boy hardware couldn't run something as fast as Sonic, Nintendo created this. Why Nintendo would want to compete with a game where all you do is hold right on keypad and occasionally jump is beyond me, but it doesn't matter; Virtual Boy Wario Land is a great game. It's the sort of concept that SHOULDN'T work, but somehow it does. This is one of those games that when you see it sitting on a store shelf, you roll your eyes, snicker, and walk away. Then one of your friends forces you to play it and you're absolutely stunned at how much fun it is.

Avril Lavigne: There has long been speculation about my relationship with Wario, and I want to set the record straight. He's just a boy, and I'm just a girl, can I make it any more obvious? We are in love, haven't you heard? We rock each other's world!

Edited on by Digiki

NotEnoughGolds

Glad to see I'm not the only one that visits SydLexia regularly.

NotEnoughGolds

Philip_J_Reed

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Haha yeah, I love it. I've loved it ever since I found their Super Punch-Out feature, which I'm too lazy to link to now. It definitely makes a convincing case for that game's suckage, even if I overall disagree.

Shame they don't update very often though.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Donatello

Suprisingly, i still have Jack Bros(complete, US version) laying around in a box, and the box only has a few dents and scratches on it. I'll sell it some day But based on what I've played it's just 'ok'...Wario Land is the best VB period. Too bad I can't play more than 15 minutes of it because of the horrible eye train the VB causes ;p

Edited on by Donatello

Donatello

NotEnoughGolds

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Haha yeah, I love it. I've loved it ever since I found their Super Punch-Out feature, which I'm too lazy to link to now. It definitely makes a convincing case for that game's suckage, even if I overall disagree.

Shame they don't update very often though.

I like the Mega Man 3 Sucks and 50 NES Quotes Every Gamer Should Know articles, personally.

NotEnoughGolds

RabidPikachu

it might not have been a popular system, but the concept virtual boy had was ahead of its time though I will admit the system was horrible.

3DS Friend code 4425-2142-6328

Philip_J_Reed

RabidPikachu wrote:

it might not have been a popular system, but the concept virtual boy had was ahead of its time though I will admit the system was horrible.

A few months ago (or maybe closer to a year by this point) I had the chance to play a Virtual Boy system myself. (The game? Wario Land, thankfully.) I was pretty blown away by how good the 3D effect was. I definitely expected something far clunkier than what I saw.

I didn't play nearly long enough to get a headache, but I can understand how quickly one might set in. Also, the fact that is "portability" was unfairly stressed (not to mention its abysmal game library) all lead me to understand why, exactly, it failed so horribly.

But credit where credit is due: for its time and place, the 3D effect was suprisingly good.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

mnementh

List was hilarious... especially "It should come as no surprise to anyone that this grabbed the top spot. ".

So ends a saga older than time itself.
The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation
is delivered from its fear of extinction. As the sun sets over the
field of conflict the dinosaurs disperse, hoping never to set foot
in this place a...

Adam

I was expecting Mario Clash to at least beat out #42, which was definitely the weakest part of the list, but whatever. Pretty good list over all. The VB library is surprisingly full of decent games. I've played a lot of them, and I think there was only one that I didn't like, either Red Alarm or Vertical Force, I always confuse the two. I doubt many would argue that Wario Land was the best though.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Ico

Wow, that's an awful long way to go for a joke. o_0

Ico

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.