Retro Forum

Topic: Game vs. Game

Showing 881 to 900 of 2,068

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

881. Posted:

To be honest, I didn't really like either of those games... But if I had to choose, Spirit Tracks.

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

882. Posted:

Wait, I missed a Fire Emblem one? BLASPHEMOUS FOOLS! Figures the one time it's short, I miss it... :'(
But I vote Wand of Gamelon, because faces of evil sucks! >:3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

moomoo

883. Posted:

I don't know why, but I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass more than Spirit Tracks. I don't think it was the new-ness of PH, because I still go back to it and like it more than ST.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

884. Posted:

Spirit Tracks. It was mostly just Phantom Hourglass except done right. It had consistently good music (whoever decided half of Phantom Hourglass should be the most repeditive 3 or 4 songs is an idiot), the story was actually worth paying attention to (PH's felt like an intentional retro style basic story, except lame), the main dungeon was about challenge instead of annoyance (...for the most part). The only real advantage Phantom Hourglass has is being a child and saying "I did touch screen Zelda first! Nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh!" And also Linebeck.

(note: Phantom Hourglass isn't bad until you compare it to other Zelda games).

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

HaastMK7

885. Posted:

neutral :D

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

886. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Spirit Tracks. It was mostly just Phantom Hourglass except done right. It had consistently good music (whoever decided half of Phantom Hourglass should be the most repeditive 3 or 4 songs is an idiot), the story was actually worth paying attention to (PH's felt like an intentional retro style basic story, except lame), the main dungeon was about challenge instead of annoyance (...for the most part). The only real advantage Phantom Hourglass has is being a child and saying "I did touch screen Zelda first! Nyeh nyeh nyeh nyeh!" And also Linebeck.

This.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

887. Posted:

Radixxs wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

This.

Yup. Spirit Tracks is my vote.

Phantom Hourglass: 3
Spirit Tracks: 5

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

I-U

888. Posted:

I have stopped at the Shadow Temple in Ocarina of Time. I have only cleared the first dungeon in Twilight Princess (plant boss), and have yet to leave Skyloft in Skyward Sword. Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link and Link's Awakening all have left me uninterested early on. As for Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass, these are the only two Zelda games I've beaten. Of the two, I prefer Phantom Hourglass a lot more. Hourglass was my first Zelda game, so going in without any prior Zelda experiences may have helped it, but a big reason why I enjoy the game is the sense that there is reward all around. There are the treasure chests featured at the bottom of the sea, hidden rupees within the ground that can be dug up (love the shovel), bushes that can be slashed for rupees and then barrels and rocks. The freedom to draw ship routes made the game feel more open to me as well, and further captured that feeling of being an explorer. The game's use of the DS's two screens, to me, is the most unique experience offered by the Zelda games I have played with two screen bosses, such as Eox, towering above Link and then there's the touch inputs that were really great for making ship and item routes. I love the fantasy feel of the story, including the dream implications of it, and the roles of the Ocean King and Bellum (it being my favorite villain of the series).

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

889. Posted:

Spirit Tracks was awful. I sold it and got Bit.Trip Complete instead - best decision I could have made tbqh.

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Hokori

890. Posted:

Steam whistle of the earth

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

eviLaTtenDant

891. Posted:

Loved Spirit Tracks. Remember Phantom Hourglass as the most shallow main Zelda game ever made. Winner: Spirit Tracks

Edited on by eviLaTtenDant

Number 2? Says who? >=o]

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

892. Posted:

Yeah I am playing through Phantom Hourglass right now and it is easily my least favorite Zelda. Not bad at all, just not good for Zelda standards. Spirit Tracks is much better so I'll go with that.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

893. Posted:

Neither of them are among my favorite entries in the series, but I remember liking Spirit Tracks a little more, if only because it had trains in it and everything is at least 10% better with locomotives.

Spirit Tracks.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

894. Posted:

Spirit tracks
In spirit tracks, it might not been as big as phantom hourglass but there seems to be improvements and roaming around freely seems more fun.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Void

895. Posted:

I'm gonna go with Spirit Tracks.
11-4 in favor of Spirit Tracks.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage

Emaan

896. Posted:

@Void, thanks for tallying up!
@zerkie, do you have a vote?

Phantom Hourglass: 4
Spirit Tracks: 11

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Reala

897. Posted:

Spirit Tracks for me prefer taking the train to taking the boat.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

898. Posted:

I think both games are really great and it's so hard to chose because I like them both. Phantom Hourglass was my first Zelda game but Spirit Tracks improved a lot of things. I'll vote for PH because its behind and Linebeck is awesome and his character was great throughout the game.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

899. Posted:

I actually enjoyed Phantom Hourglass, the touch screen controls for solving puzzles and the like were pretty solid and Lineback was a pretty great character. Yet the Dungeons looked bland and were forgettable visually, but that's the 3D/polygon power limmitations of the DS for ya. Phantom Hourglass would of looked a lot better as a 2D Zelda. 32-bit sprites would of looked amazing instead of what we got....That aside, IHaven't touched Spirit Tracks yet...But I can say >

Phantom Hourglass > Wind Waker. :P

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
NES FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

900. Posted:

It's like comparing stale yogurt to stale pudding.

Ketchup.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury