Retro Forum

Topic: Game vs. Game

Showing 781 to 800 of 2,068

AuthorMessage

photofool83

781. Posted:

Super Mario 64, easily.

Some of my favorite games:
Ghost Trick, StarFox 64, WarioLand: Shake It, Kid Icarus, The Legendary Starfy, Endless Ocean: Blue World, Zelda: Minish Cap, Pokemon Snap, Diamond Trust of London, Gyromite, Katamari Damacy, EarthBound, Mario Kart 7, and Sonic Generations(PS3).

AuthorMessage

I-U

782. Posted:

Not including its 64 DS iteration, I would definitely have to go with Super Mario Galaxy. While not quite better designed, I do feel the levels in Galaxy were far more creative and diverse than 64's selection and I absolutely love Buoy Base Galaxy. Galaxy had a story that wasn't as solid as Sunshine's, but the story it did have, specifically in the case of Rosalina's backstory, introduced my favorite princess in the series.

Edited on by I-U

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

AuthorMessage

Squid

783. Posted:

Super Mario 64 all the way, baby. I've been playing that game for a very long time and I just love going back and playing through it again and again. To me, it's a classic and never gets old. I really like SMG, but not as much as as I like SM64.

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

784. Posted:

I-U wrote:

Not including its 64 DS iteration, I would definitely have to go with Super Mario Galaxy. While not quite better designed, I do feel the levels in Galaxy were far more creative and diverse than 64's selection and I absolutely love Buoy Base Galaxy. Galaxy had a story that wasn't as solid as Sunshine's, but the story it did have, specifically in the case of Rosalina's backstory, introduced my favorite princess in the series.

For sure. Galaxy may of been more imaginative, creative and offered a lot more diversity, but much of this has to do with the difference in graphical power between the conoles. Mario 64 was groundbreaking for the time....Playing it now obviously, not so much. :p Now, the one thing that still kind of bugs my beetle juice about galaxy are the slower paced controls, the leap jump just isn't that fun to pull off(would of liked a dash button instead) and the complexity regarding the analog controls has been knocked down considerably. Mario 64's were built around that N64 Stick to it's full potential and it was flat out amazing, it gave you tons of range in terms of controlling mario, where as in galaxy it felt loose and the emphasis on it was gone....It worked terrible in comparison. I blame half of this on the less sturdier/looser Nunchuck stick. :p

All in all, i absolutely love the worlds/environemnts, graphics, variety, power ups, Bosses, enemies and music of Galaxy much more. but i prefer the more zippity, more acrobatic and pure emphesis on 3D platforming and controls of Mario 64, plus The Castle HUB world was a lot better!. B-) i can't decide which one i prefer to be honest.... I have a feeling i'll get much more enjoyment out of SM3D Land and Super Mario Galaxy 2 muhahaha...Here's hoping!

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WildMan

785. Posted:

galaxy. Super Mario 64 was good, but I was born too late to fully appreciate how groundbreaking it was.

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

786. Posted:

You had to of grown up playing the 8 and 16-bit consoles, while then finally making the leap into Mario 64 to fully realise just how groundbreaking it truly wise. If you started out with a Gamecube you're basically screwed. That right there would completely ZAP the Mega Magic completely out of 64 permanantly. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Emaan

787. Posted:

Super Mario 64: 11
Super Mario Galaxy: 17

I just love the sense of wonder I felt when playing Super Mario Galaxy. That's pure Nintendo magic to me. It was released at a time when I was starting to think Nintendo lost their touch, their games were still good, but weren't like they used to be, Galaxy proved me wrong.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

randomlypikachu

788. Posted:

galaxy :D

just a nintendo gamer on a nintendo related site (who wouldve seen that one coming?)
the random user name randomly became a Pikachu.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/797210197/cube-and-me - interesting kickstarter idea

AuthorMessage

SirSmugleaf

789. Posted:

Well It's actually hard to judge, because SMG is my favourite game of all time, but SM64 invented the rules for 3D platforming; it is one of the most revolutionary games of all time. Well if you look directly at which game is better, it's hands down Super Mario Galaxy, I guess. It's better than SM64. Some may say 64 is better simply because they remember how revolutionary it was back in the time and it is very nostalgic for them.

So, in short, Super Mario Galaxy! :)

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

AuthorMessage

Emaan

790. Posted:

Super Mario 64: 11
Super Mario Galaxy: 19

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

791. Posted:

64, as the levels are more fun to play. (Except Tiny Tiny Island. I HATE YOU)

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

792. Posted:

@Emaan It's about time to wrap this one up, methinks. :P

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

793. Posted:

Super Mario Galaxy is a much better game.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

Emaan

794. Posted:

Super Mario 64: 12
Super Mario Galaxy: 20

WINNER: Super Mario Galaxy

Untitled

NEW: Pokemon: Ruby+Sapphire vs Pokemon: Black+White

Pokemon: Ruby+Sapphire: 1
Pokemon: Black+White: 0

I love Hoenn. I love the Pokemon designs. I love the music. I love Ruby + Sapphire. :D

Start voting now!

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

795. Posted:

Black+White.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AuthorMessage

Chuie

796. Posted:

pokemon R/S was the best of them all
also had the best pokemon starters and best pokemon best gen ever :D
(need remakes)

Edited on by Chuie

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

797. Posted:

Black. Every time.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Shining-Void

798. Posted:

Once you go Black you never go back.

Edited on by Shining-Void

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

799. Posted:

Impossible decision.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Emaan

800. Posted: