Forums

Topic: Game vs. Game

Posts 61 to 80 of 2,067

Chrono_Cross

I can't decide but I highly recommend doing Super Metroid vs. Metroid Prime next. That would be interesting...

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Emaan

@Chrono_Cross, you literally read my mind, I already had that planned. Shh don't tell anyone!

@Mickeymac, Yes I do, I plan on getting A Link to the Past eventually, but right now I'm busy collecting NES Virtual Console games.

Ocarina of Time : 11
A Link to the Past : 5

Edited on by Emaan

yoshi's disco
pink ness -quik backloggery
✰ not around as much as I used to be :o ) ✰

Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

Nintenbro

@Emaan1, if you're currently collecting NES VC titles, may I suggest Megaman 1-5?
In my opinion, they are as essential as having the Super Mario Bros. titles in your NES VC collection.

By the way, I'm not able to vote with a good conscience. I haven't experienced ALttP for myself.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Ryno

A Link to the Past (I find it to be the best Zelda game)

  • LTTP is flat-out better looking. OOT uses ugly polygons. Music is really good in both but I admit nostalgia wins out with LTTP for me.
  • LTTP makes brilliant use of the Light and Dark Worlds and progression depends on navigation in and out of these two worlds. It also has more dungeons.
  • The whole "directness" of the design in LTTP and the quick and constant action of this action-adventure helped me realize part of reason I prefer 2D games.

Ocarina of Time : 12
A Link to the Past : 6

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Emaan

So far the ratio is 2 : 1 with Ocarina of Time in the lead.

Ocarina of Time : 12
A Link to the Past : 6

Let's keep the votes rolling!

yoshi's disco
pink ness -quik backloggery
✰ not around as much as I used to be :o ) ✰

Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

Link-Hero

Ocarina of Time : 12
A Link to the Past : 7

Ocarnia of Time while a very good game is overrated. It's pretty much a 3D version of A Link to the Past.

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

RR529

A Link to the Past! I love both games, just AlttP much more.

OoT:12
AlttP: 8

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Cia

Link-Hero wrote:

Ocarina of Time : 12
A Link to the Past : 7

Ocarnia of Time while a very good game is overrated. It's pretty much a 3D version of A Link to the Past.

It has a different story, characters, world structure, music and gameplay. I don't see any similarities at all, except that both games have Link, Zelda and Ganon (who are completely different than in Ocarina).

Cia

19Robb92

Link-Hero wrote:

Ocarnia of Time while a very good game is overrated. It's pretty much a 3D version of A Link to the Past.

In what way is it like ALttP? I don't see it.

Looking forward to: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

kkslider5552000

19Robb92 wrote:

Link-Hero wrote:

Ocarnia of Time while a very good game is overrated. It's pretty much a 3D version of A Link to the Past.

In what way is it like ALttP? I don't see it.

Both are the most typical Zelda adventures you could expect and their unoriginality (unoriginality by comparison and in retrospect admittedly) have made them less interesting than the following games (Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask, respectively). The fact that it was basically admitted recently that OOT was originally supposed to be like a 3D LTTP kinda confirms this for me. Granted, I'm still not exactly sure why I considering LTTP and OOT that similar beyond that, but I've just always felt that the games were fairly similar. Where's egoraptor when you need him?

I have a similar comparison for Super Metroid and Metroid Prime but that one I can explain better as the entire feel of the game, mainly its flawless combination of traditional great game design and atmosphere and linear and non-linear gameplay.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

19Robb92

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Both are the most typical Zelda adventures you could expect and their unoriginality (unoriginality by comparison and in retrospect admittedly) have made them less interesting than the following games (Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask, respectively). The fact that it was basically admitted recently that OOT was originally supposed to be like a 3D LTTP kinda confirms this for me. Granted, I'm still not exactly sure why I considering LTTP and OOT that similar beyond that, but I've just always felt that the games were fairly similar.

Well, can't say more than that I disagree. Both Links Awakening, Majoras Mask and OOT are a lot less unoriginla than A Link to the Past IMO. The intro to ALttP is the best in the whole franchise, the items that where introduced are still some of the best items in Zelda today (hook shot, bigger emphasis on magic etc.).

Not to mention how ALttP handled the exploration by having you finding magic wands and other neat items that weren't relevant to the story or progression but just neat items as rewards for your exploration. I'd like to see a link to the 'OOT was supposed to be a 3D ALttP' statement. Not that I don't believe you, I just want to read about it. Seems interesting.

Looking forward to: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Geonjaha

Ocarina of Time : 12
A Link to the Past : 8

Just keeping the vote going, because the numbers got lost back there.

I make Pixel Art on occasion, and sometimes sell them as Game Assets.

RetroSpecs

Throw in another vote for LttP - yes, Ocarina's an amazing game. But LttP blazed a trail. I real replayable classic.

Have an NES you want to fix yourself?
Read up on how right here!

BenAV

Ocarina of Time for me.

Ocarina of Time: 13
A Link to the Past: 9

I think that's right, right?

Edited on by BenAV

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

Nintenbro

@Emaan1, may I suggest Megaman 2 versus Megaman 3, for the next round my friend? Then you could match the winner of that round up against Megaman X.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

Emaan

@G4L, I don't really know how many people have played those, and I already got quite a few suggestions O:

Ocarina of TIme : 13
A Link to the Past : 9

Edited on by Emaan

yoshi's disco
pink ness -quik backloggery
✰ not around as much as I used to be :o ) ✰

Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

Rensch

Ocarina of Time. It has a more character-based story and some of the most memorable dungeons. A Link to the Past was a major improvement from a technical and gameplay perspective, but so was Ocarina with its succesful transistion to 3D. But besides that, it also made the player more emotionally invested than in any previous game with its lovable characters.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

cherrysunburst

I haven't really finished OoT or ALttP, but I'm going to go with OoT because it really made me feel part of Hyrule with the enormous amount of sidequests, mechanics, puzzles and "cryptic stuff" (as AVGN calls it)

Edited on by theblackdragon

"What are you gonna do, type angrily at me?"

former usernames because i'm fickle: sushifreAk, Cyb3Rnite, Justice, AnActualDash, cath3Rine, rayneee
Don't be friends with me if you don't like being attacked by ironic dank memes.

Nintendo Network ID: Cyb3Rnite

cherrysunburst

OoT: 15
ALttP: 9

"What are you gonna do, type angrily at me?"

former usernames because i'm fickle: sushifreAk, Cyb3Rnite, Justice, AnActualDash, cath3Rine, rayneee
Don't be friends with me if you don't like being attacked by ironic dank memes.

Nintendo Network ID: Cyb3Rnite

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic