Forums

Topic: Game vs. Game

Posts 421 to 440 of 2,015

ADaviii

Kirby Super Star easily. I couldn't believe how much fun I had with this game and I still go back to playing it every now and again.

Be kind to yourself and to others.

e-love

Kirby Super Star : 9
Kirby 64 : 5

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

RevolverLink

@kkslider5552000 - I suppose I'm thinking more about how the games have been received "critically", rather than by the fanbase itself. Even though I personally hold a great deal of affection for it, whenever I see a retro (or even a then-current) review, the verdict on 64 seems to be that it's a good, but not great, Kirby that's held in higher esteem than Dream Land 3 but lower than games like Adventure, Super Star and Dream Land 2.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

e-love

@RevolverLink, I know what you mean. Kirby 64 has been regarded as just an okay Kirby game by a lot of fans and critics. I however, really enjoyed what I've played of it. I was considering making the mashup Kirby Super Star vs. Kirby's Adventure but I changed it at the last minute, since I felt like it might be more fair.

e-love

Kirby Super Star : 9
Kirby 64 : 6

kkslider5552000

RevolverLink wrote:

@kkslider5552000 - I suppose I'm thinking more about how the games have been received "critically", rather than by the fanbase itself. Even though I personally hold a great deal of affection for it, whenever I see a retro (or even a then-current) review, the verdict on 64 seems to be that it's a good, but not great, Kirby that's held in higher esteem than Dream Land 3 but lower than games like Adventure, Super Star and Dream Land 2.

Air Ride's reviews alone invalidate trying to think critical opinions for Kirby games matter in the long run.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TheKingOfTown

Yeah, I never understood the Kirby Air Ride reviews. I love the city trial mode. Hope they make a sequel.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Mieu-Fire

TheKingofTown wrote:

Yeah, I never understood the Kirby Air Ride reviews. I love the city trial mode. Hope they make a sequel.

same its my 2nd favorite kirby game

MANGO

e-love

Winner: Kirby Super Star

NEW

For the first time, a non-Nintendo series mashup!

Final Fantasy VI vs. Final Fantasy VII

FF6 : 1
FF7 : 0

They're both classics, but I just think FF6 is unmatched in its music and story.

Start voting now!

Edited on by e-love

Electricmastro

We should probably throw in Chrono Trigger and Xenoblade Chronicles at some point either against those or each other.

I've only played a little of Final Fantasy VI, but can still safely say from what i've seen that it's definately one of the most complex, proffesional SNES RPGs that have ever been worked on. Plus the fact that I don't own any Sony consoles.

Final Fantasy VI: 2

Final Fantasy VII: 0

It's going to be a treat to see how this plays out.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Mieu-Fire

omg you made this so hard to choose but FF7 it was my 1st Final fantasy game and my favorite and i played every final fantasy game
FFVI:2
FFVII:1

Edited on by Mieu-Fire

MANGO

StarBoy91

Not exactly a fair vote since I only played one of the two, but I'll go with Final Fantasy VI

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

moomoo

FF6 is my favorite in the series, and arguably the greatest RPG ever made. FF6, no contest.
FF VI: 5
FF VII: 1

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

zezhyrule

This is hard for me, because I love sony~ ...and FFVI isn't my favorite FF on the SNES. But out of the choices here, I'd say FFVI. Because at least I can look at it without wanting to gouge my eyes out.

FFVI: 6

FFVII: 2

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

kkslider5552000

Final Fantasy VII, but I'm basing my opinion of that game from when I was 10 so...yeah.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.