The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

photofool83

322. Posted:

Skyward Sword for me.

Some of my favorite games:
Ghost Trick, StarFox 64, WarioLand: Shake It, Kid Icarus, The Legendary Starfy, Endless Ocean: Blue World, Zelda: Minish Cap, Pokemon Snap, Diamond Trust of London, Gyromite, Katamari Damacy, EarthBound, Mario Kart 7, and Sonic Generations(PS3).

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

323. Posted:

I haven't played my copy of Skyward Sword, but i did not enjoy Wind Waker. It was basically thee' first 3D Zelda i had ever played(yup, somehow OOT and MM completely escaped me). The dreaded Sailing, most of the grating tunes and even the 3D combat didn't do much for me. But for some strange reason whenever i felt like calling it quits, the game kept calling me back. :p It was compelling in it's own whimsical kind of way and it was a beauty to look at...I'm not too fond of Toon Link, but i can appreciate the visuals. But yup...I had a much better time Playing Phantom Hour Glass to tell you the truth.

anyways! I know I'll like Skyward Sword more. Already the gorgeous ALTTP-like 3D graphics, surreal environemnts and the newly enhanced motion controls especially will most likely make this one of the most amazing gaming experiences on the wii.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

324. Posted:

Love how people are calling Skyward Sword tedious. Anyone remember the Triforce hunting in Wind Waker? More tedious than anything else in a Zelda game.

So Skyward Sword for me.
I took time out of vacation to post this, so it better win.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Shining-Void

325. Posted:

The Wind Waker is the best zelda game ever. Skyward Sword feels... confined to me. They could have done so much, but the over world is too small.

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage

RogueBologna

326. Posted:

photofool83 wrote:

Skyward Sword for me.

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7445-0519

AuthorMessage

JustAnotherUser

327. Posted:

Skyward Sword!

JustAnotherUser

AuthorMessage

Hokori

328. Posted:

SS

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

shinesprite

329. Posted:

Controls aside, I liked the overall fighting mechanic as well as dungeon layout better in Wind Waker.

. . . but on the other hand Skyward Sword had a much richer and more closely-knitted overworld as well as story.

Both games had fantastic art styles and honestly, choosing between these two great Zelda titles feels like choosing one of your own kids as the favourite. ;)

Currently Playing Mario Kart 8, Rayman Legends
Recently Completed - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Rayman Origins

AuthorMessage

k8sMum

330. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Love how people are calling Skyward Sword tedious. Anyone remember the Triforce hunting in Wind Waker? More tedious than anything else in a Zelda game.

So Skyward Sword for me.
I took time out of vacation to post this, so it better win.

i expected more from Skyward Sword in some parts. The sky could have been much more than it was and the ground was lovely but there were large parts where there wasn't much to really do. The desert was beautiful but much of it was redoing what you'd already been thru. this is just my opinion from my playing it.

'Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt' Tolkien
'God is a kid with an antfarm.' "Constantine"
3ds friend code: 0860 3849 6133
Caitlin's Memorial Site

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

331. Posted:

Skyward Sword all day. Windwaker is my second favourite, though.

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

Emaan

332. Posted:

Wind Waker : 6
Skyward Sword : 10

I think I counted that correctly. @Shinesprite, not sure what to put as yours :p

I have to say Skyward Sword definitely had the most interesting story for me. I loved the characters and how it explained things about the series, like origin stories. The ending was beautiful as well.

Update the numbers when you vote please, if you can!

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

333. Posted:

It might be too close to call. Wind Waker has awesome style but it's too short and most of your time is spent sailing in circles. Skyward Sword is a much longer game with cool motion controls, but the puzzles aren't very hard and Fi is almost constantly interrupting you. They're both great games, but both also let me down somehow. The longer game of the two is probably the better value.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

334. Posted:

I love both games but I'll have to choose Skyward Sword.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

335. Posted:

I like the games about the same so this is a tough one.

I'll say Wind Waker since I cared about the story in the first hour instead of in the first dozen hours.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

shinesprite

336. Posted:

@Emaan It's really the flip of a coin for me, but if I had to, I'd say that the Wind Waker side is slightly heavier. ;)

--Score Update--
Wind Waker : 9 ~(recounted to include Star-Blaze's vote)~
Skyward Sword : 12

Edited on by shinesprite

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

337. Posted:

I will say Wind Waker's story had an unfair advantage in terms of story, at least for me. WIND WAKER SPOILERS BTW

Because...like I sucked at knowing how to progress anywhere in OOT when I was young but I beat Ganondorf on my friend's file and I knew the story, especially the ending. Even that age, I really wanted to see if Ganondorf's threats would ever mean anything and it blew my mind when they actually followed up on it. Skyward Sword was an origin story of some kind...and well granted any "this might be relevent to later games" stuff was needlessly vague because god forbid people care about continuity, but regardless it had an unfair disadvantage in terms of story as it was disconnected from familiarity outside of recurring themes and names, even compared to most Zeldas.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Emaan

338. Posted:

@shinesprite, I already counted @Star-Blaze's vote. So with yours included Wind Waker should have 8 votes. Are you sure it was 9?

Wind Waker : 8?
Skyward Sword : 12

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Chuie

339. Posted:

i say windwaker it was slightly better then skyward sword

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

shinesprite

340. Posted:

@Emaan Just tallied it again. Start counting from the top of this page, and you'll see what I mean. ;)