Forums

Topic: Game vs. Game

Posts 1,861 to 1,880 of 2,015

ThePirateCaptain

@Wavey
I prefer the Mega Man series myself, although I do enjoy Sonic as well, but in terms of the question: "Which has evolved better, I would say Sonic has.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Electricmastro

Jeremyx7 wrote:

@Electricmastro If everything's fine for you than why post a huge taunting picture for me as a tag along response instead? You sure you're okay? Wanna talk about it?

Thanks for worrying about me. I was just joking, that's all.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

e-love

Winner: Sonic the Hedgehog [Series]

Untitled

I would like to thank everyone for the well thought discussions and smack talk.
This made for a very interesting mashup between two very iconic and beloved video game franchises.

But now we must move on!

New: Final Fantasy VII vs. Final Fantasy IX

It's the renowned classic versus the beloved and nostalgic sequel~
Is the seventh entry considered so in royalty that no sequel can match its excellence? Or is the ninth entry the better game despite its lesser popularity? Only the votes will decide in this mashup!

Final Fantasy VII: 0
Final Fantasy IX: 0

I have yet to play Final Fantasy IX, so even though I absolutely loved Final Fantasy VII, I won't be voting this time :3

Start voting now!

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

kkslider5552000

Final Fantasy IX. I'm getting my opinion entirely from a let's play admittedly, but that made me think it is better than any other Final Fantasy.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Commandervide0

@Waveboy
I never said the graphics where bland it's the levels, sparse amounts of enemies and the series just generally has a slow feel to the platforming (MM makes Mario feel as fast as sonic). And compared to the layered levels of SMB there is usually just the one route through a level in MM and no hidden areas as such. And enemies/bosses have fidgety AI that feels irritating instead of challenging. The graphics and music are great for the NES though. And just because I don't particularly like MM doesn't mean I don't like all NES games. In fact, SMB is one of the best platformers I've ever played, speed running in that game is unparalleled. But that's just my opinion.

Commandervide0

Adhrast

IX ALL the way
Best FF and best JRPG ever. Imo, obv

Adhrast

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6194-1975 | Nintendo Network ID: Adhrast

RevolverLink

As much as I loved VII, I've probably poured in upwards of 800 hours into Final Fantasy IX over the years.

Sooo yeah, I'm going with IX.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

e-love

Final Fantasy VII: 0
Final Fantasy IX: 3

Spoony_Tech

Both are some of the better games of the series. I love the charm and characters in IX! I never finished the game but all the characters were very likeable! I'm glad they took it back to the series roots a bit for that game.

However I'm going with VII. Great story, characters you loved or hated, wonderful story, great battle system, and for its time some of the best graphics going on any game! Did I mention awesome story!! Oh and I forgot the music. I spent a ton of hours on that game and to this day could start it all over again!! I'm still hoping for an hd remake some day just for this game!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

lightbringer

FFIX is what started my love of JRPGs so I'm a bit biased towards it.

Never understood the hype for FFVII. It's a solid game, but for me, I never felt like it was one of the all-time greats like a lot of people do.

FFIX it is.

"This sword shall always be the sword of the oppressed. I swear it again now!"

3DS Friend Code: 1778-9775-6886

e-love

Final Fantasy VII: 1
Final Fantasy IX: 4

mookysam

Final Fantasy VII has the better story and had more of an emotional impact on me (not because of Aerith though). It also features some of my favourite moments from any RPG I've played and I enjoyed the Materia system a lot. On the other hand IX has a very cohesive creative vision with its beautiful pre-rendered backgrounds and perfect music. I really like that it is more "tradiitonal" compared to other Final Fantasy's since the PS1 era and it has a cast of very likeable and memorable characters. I've often said that I think IX is the better game overall, but because VII has those special moments and a more powerful story I would have to go with VII.

So my choice is Final Fantasy VII - just.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

TwilightV

Final Fantasy VII. IX is my third favorite, beaten only by IV and VII. VII is tied with SMRPG for my all-time favorite game.

TwilightV

e-love

Final Fantasy VII: 3

Ryno

I'm going back a little bit to the Mega Man vote/discussion and especially to the Waver. The whole evolution part of the question threw me for a Sonic shuttle loop. Since I have not played Mega Man beyond SNES and much Sonic beyond Genesis I did not vote. If it was a straight up which is better I would have definitely voted for Mega Man. Seriously though, to put it quite simply, while collecting and rediscovering retro games I am finding so many great hidden gems that are either just as good or better than Mega Man and that is why I think it is overrated. Though I may think its "overrated," which is overrated used word anyway, I still enjoy 8 and 16 bit Mega Man. The nostalgia buzz from 2 and 3 is hard to beat!

Never played Final Fantasy IX so I will vote for VII.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

SuperToad

Final Fantasy VII. I would have liked IX if it doesn't play so slow.

SuperToad

e-love

Final Fantasy VII: 5

Spoony_Tech

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Ok this is just depressing now

Yes indeed!!

I would've thought a whole lot more people would vote on this one!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

e-love

Tech101 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Ok this is just depressing now

Yes indeed!!

I would've thought a whole lot more people would vote on this one!

Hence my statement before that non-Nintendo titles get less votes :c

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.