Retro Forum

Topic: Game vs. Game

Showing 1,841 to 1,860 of 2,068

AuthorMessage

WesCash

1,841. Posted:

Nintendo Land.

I have never even played a Wii U, but Wii Sports is just a tech demo. It's close to unplayable today and Wii Sports Resort is almost strictly better.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,842. Posted:

In response to those of you wanting non-Nintendo game mashups:

I have in fact done a few competitions between two games that weren't Nintendo franchises, but they get far fewer votes, considering not as many people on this site have played them. Even for the much more niche Nintendo titles, the votes are fairly low. I'm just doing the best I can to try and appeal to everyone's interest here, so that the community can vote as a whole.

I'd be happy to take suggestions, but it has to reach a point where we can't just throw in two obscure games that perhaps a great amount of other people on this site have not played.

This thread started out with games that have often been compared and ones that are usually well regarded by critics. So I thought it would be interesting to see which would fair with the community on here. Of course there's those games that everyone here has likely played or knows about, because they're popular. It's because they're popular, that it leads to a much better topic of discussion.

It's the mashups where everyone gets into the discussion and really puts forth their opinion and what they think in regards to the games at hand, when things get the most interesting; and when I personally think this thread is at its highest points. In order for that to happen, everyone needs to be appealed to so that everyone can get involved and express their views.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,843. Posted:

Winner: Nintendo Land

Untitled

New: Evolution Special! Mega Man vs. Sonic the Hedgehog [Series]

Which game series has evolved the best and aged better over time?

Mega Man:
Sonic the Hedgehog:

Start voting now!

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,844. Posted:

No contest......Mega Man all the way!!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,845. Posted:

This is a close one but I'd go with Megaman. I do think Sonic Colors and Generations (and to a lesser extent the Adventures games, at least when they first came out) are some of the best example of transitioning a game from 2D to 3D, but there was so much difficulty making that work for so many games between them. Now I love Megaman Legends, but it's not really much of a "Megaman" game which is why this was difficult for me to decide. It was not an evolution of Megaman as much as a new game they made that just happened to have Megaman in it. But Sonic has definitely had more games that have not aged the best so...yeah.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

1,846. Posted:

Mega Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining tacos out there.
"There's no such thing as no such thing."
-Greed

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,847. Posted:

I was not a fan of Sonic from the start, so Mega man it is.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,848. Posted:

I hate Sonic. I hate him. I personally think of majority of the first games were awful. Yet Sonic Colors was fun (albeit not amazing) and Sonic Generation is one of the most fun games I've ever played. I prefer Megaman about 100000x more but I'm gonna have to give my vote to Sonic. It's evolved better but Megaman has the better aging games.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,849. Posted:

Mega Man. It's more consistent in its quality. Meanwhile, Sonic is completely all over the place, with quality all over the place and with games that have not aged well.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,850. Posted:

From the standpoint of which has evolved the best, I think that would be the Sonic series. For which have aged best though, definitely Mega Man. I personally love both series to death, but for this I guess i'll vote for Sonic since I believe the games are a bit more diverse (and controversial for that matter).

Mega Man: 6

Sonic the Hedgehog: 1

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,851. Posted:

It's funny. I owned the Genesis during it's hay day, remember dropping $119.99 for the severely overrated Sonic the hedgehog(I had a better time with Castle of Illusion). Beat it. I then beat the sequal, played a tiny bit of Sonic 3, got Sonic Pinball for christmas(Not the game i asked for!lol) had the first Sonic on Game gear, finished both Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 on the Dreamcast and forced myself through Sonic 4 on WiiWare. What's my stance on the the little blue speedy hedgehog? I HATE him and his little obnoxious lover Tails.lol I gave the series a chance, but when i look back all i have created are crappy gaming memories.

Mega Man 2 ,1 , X, and 9 bring back so many wonderful memories. And as of late Zero 1, Mega man & Bass and MM:Dr.Wily's Revenge. I personally hate the flow and controls of the sonic series. 2D sonic feels sloppy, and once you're blazing through those gimmicky and flashy loops while being bounced frim spring to spring you're barely in control. the Sonic Rush series is without a doubt thee' worst offender! :p I can get the same effect by watching somebody on a rollercoaster.

If anything, i still somewhat enjoy the early 90's Sonic Cartoon. ;)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Noob_The_Third

1,852. Posted:

Mega Man: 8

8 Bit Forward

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

1,853. Posted:

Mega Man: 9

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

CommanderV

1,854. Posted:

Sonic can be a fun platformer, Megaman is not. It only took me MM1,2,3,9,10 to realize Megaman ain't that fun of a game.

MM: 9
Sonic: 2

CommanderV

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,855. Posted:

I guess everyone is missing the fact that Retro actually voted for sonic. Yeah after reading his post its strange but he did say I have to vote for sonic.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,856. Posted:

Sonic the Hedgehog

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
ActRaiser is the most overexposed Quintet SNES game ever!
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

1,857. Posted:

STOP MAKING ME HAVE TO CHOOSE!!!

They both have great main series games, and I prefer the spin-off games for both series.

With Sonic, we had Spinball (shut up, I liked it), Advance (greatest trilogy ever), Rush (don't question me), and Battle (go play it, now!)

With Mega Man, we had Battle Network and StarForce.

Plus, in defense of Sonic, although the characters can be really annoying, they're also (sometimes) useful (Amy and Cream whip my butt in Battle).

I'd have to say I had much more fun with Sonic, but Mega Man certainly isn't bad (OMG THE ZERO SERIES :O)

Mega Man: 9

Sonic the Hedgehog: 4

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

1,858. Posted:

I think the Mega Man games have aged a bit better.
However, Sonic games have 'evolved' the most.

Hmmm... Tough choice, but I'll give my vote to Mega Man.

Mega Man: 10
Sonic the Hedgehog: 4

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

True_Hero

1,859. Posted:

I vote for Sonic. The series is fun, isn't afraid to try new things (even if said ideas aren't always perfect), and I find it interesting to see how the world and characters have advanced over time.

Sonic the Hedgehog: 5

-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,860. Posted:

I have not voted myself in the most recent mashups, but I'm giving my vote to Sonic.

I think, although Mega Man has maintained a consistent level of being great games, the Sonic series has evolved and changed with the times - while the classic Genesis games are still really great today. The series was willing to try new things, like others have mentioned.

Sonic the Hedgehog: 6

The Emaaloggery