Ryno

Wii Sports. I have barely touched NintendoLand

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ernest_The_Crab

I'd say with friends, I've had more fun with Nintendo Land (especially for both Animal Crossing and Luigi's Ghost Tag)

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

swordx

Nintendo Land. Nintendo Land is sooooooo fun!!!!!!!

swordx

HawkeyeWii

Wii Sports! Way more replay value!
Nintendo Land is not half the game Wii Sports was.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

e-love

Nintendo Land: 22
Wii Sports: 10

The winner seems to be clear~

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Jaz007

Do you think we could put some non-Nintendo games against each other next time,

Jaz007

Jeremyx7

Jaz007 wrote:

Nice thought, something like Metal Gear Solid 1(PS1) vs. Half Life 1(PC). Would be great.

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

Geonjaha

Jaz007 wrote:

Sure, but given this is a Nintendo fan site there may just be a whole lot less votes.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Chrono_Cross

Jeremyx7 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Nice thought, something like Metal Gear Solid 1(PS1) vs. Half Life 1(PC). Would be great.

Or something more comparable.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

KingDunsparce

Nintendo Land

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

Jeremyx7

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Jeremyx7 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

True that these two games are completely different BUT match ups like these from time to time are sometimes more interesting than the usually predictable same genre categories.

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

Geonjaha

Jeremyx7 wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Jeremyx7 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

True that these two games are completely different BUT match ups like these from time to time are sometimes more interesting than the usually predictable same genre categories.

But then it simply becomes a case of a vote for which genre one prefers - especially if all you're doing is choosing good examples of each genre.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

WesCash

Nintendo Land.

I have never even played a Wii U, but Wii Sports is just a tech demo. It's close to unplayable today and Wii Sports Resort is almost strictly better.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

e-love

In response to those of you wanting non-Nintendo game mashups:

I have in fact done a few competitions between two games that weren't Nintendo franchises, but they get far fewer votes, considering not as many people on this site have played them. Even for the much more niche Nintendo titles, the votes are fairly low. I'm just doing the best I can to try and appeal to everyone's interest here, so that the community can vote as a whole.

I'd be happy to take suggestions, but it has to reach a point where we can't just throw in two obscure games that perhaps a great amount of other people on this site have not played.

This thread started out with games that have often been compared and ones that are usually well regarded by critics. So I thought it would be interesting to see which would fair with the community on here. Of course there's those games that everyone here has likely played or knows about, because they're popular. It's because they're popular, that it leads to a much better topic of discussion.

It's the mashups where everyone gets into the discussion and really puts forth their opinion and what they think in regards to the games at hand, when things get the most interesting; and when I personally think this thread is at its highest points. In order for that to happen, everyone needs to be appealed to so that everyone can get involved and express their views.

e-love

Winner: Nintendo Land

Untitled

New: Evolution Special! Mega Man vs. Sonic the Hedgehog [Series]

Which game series has evolved the best and aged better over time?

Mega Man:
Sonic the Hedgehog:

Start voting now!

Spoony_Tech

No contest......Mega Man all the way!!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

This is a close one but I'd go with Megaman. I do think Sonic Colors and Generations (and to a lesser extent the Adventures games, at least when they first came out) are some of the best example of transitioning a game from 2D to 3D, but there was so much difficulty making that work for so many games between them. Now I love Megaman Legends, but it's not really much of a "Megaman" game which is why this was difficult for me to decide. It was not an evolution of Megaman as much as a new game they made that just happened to have Megaman in it. But Sonic has definitely had more games that have not aged the best so...yeah.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.