Forums

Topic: Game vs. Game

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 2,015

KingDunsparce

Super Mario Bros. 3

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

SubBronze

Both games are great, but Mario 3 all the way.

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

misswliu81

super mario bros 3. new super mario bros U is excellent still

misswliu81

WesCash

Is this question for real? Super Mario Bros. 3 is always the correct answer.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

Whopper744

This is tough. They are from different time periods so it's hard for me to compare. I mean, obviously U has more to it, and what can be some fun mutliplayer (not to mention it's a lot prettier)...but if you can consider the quality of games then, and how good 3 was for it's time, compared to how good U is for it's time....I may just go ahead with 3...that's tough though

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

CrazyOtto

I vote SMB3, but NSMBU is an amazing multiplayer and it's a great party game.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Happy_Mask

Super Mario Bros 3, it was the first Mario to do DLC.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Geonjaha

Super Mario Bros. 3
I'm insulted that this is even in question.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

e-love

Geonjaha wrote:

I don't think many here (looking at the votes) expected New Super Mario Bros. U to actually come out on top. I just thought it would be interesting to challenge nostalgia. You know, when we hold certain classic games at such high standards that we don't fully appreciate the new things.

I think it speaks volumes that we actually had a few people who liked the new game better.

Both games are excellent in their own regard. So they're both winners. This is all for fun and interesting discussion, so you probably shouldn't feel insulted.

Updating the games and 'announcing' the winner when I get home~

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Geonjaha

Emaan wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

I don't think many here (looking at the votes) expected New Super Mario Bros. U to actually come out on top. I just thought it would be interesting to challenge nostalgia. You know, when we hold certain classic games at such high standards that we don't fully appreciate the new things.

I think it speaks volumes that we actually had a few people who liked the new game better.

Both games are excellent in their own regard. So they're both winners. This is all for fun and interesting discussion, so you probably shouldn't feel insulted.

Updating the games and 'announcing' the winner when I get home~

Haha, I was joking - It would be pretty stupid to actually feel insulted just because someone likes different games.

With that said, I don't have any nostalgia for the first title. I played it for the first time a long while after it first came out. The fact of the matter is that the NSMB series has become so formulaic and repetitive in its graphic style and music that the games just aren't innovative. Assuming both games were made today, and disregarding all of this said above, then yes, New Super Mario Bros. U wins on many counts. But after 25 years it would be pathetic if it didn't.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Ralizah

SMB 3. Of course.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

e-love

Winner: Super Mario Bros. 3

Untitled

New: Nintendo Land vs. Wii Sports

It's a launch title showdown! Which game better represented the system's main concept? Better yet, which game did you enjoy more?

Nintendo Land: 1
Wii Sports: 0

Start voting now!

CrazyOtto

This is a hard one. They're both great but I'm going for Wii Sports.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

ThePirateCaptain

Nintendo Land by a country mile.
They both show off their system's potential quite well, but Nintendo Land is just the better game. It's much more immersive to me and there's a lot more to do and it's just so charming.

Nintendo Land: 2
Wii Sports: 1

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

TwilightV

Like both, but Nintendo Land for sure!

TwilightV

e-love

Nintendo Land: 5
Wii Sports: 1

Spoony_Tech

Incoming another landslide. I don't even have a Wii U and I would pick NL.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RoryLee

Wii Sports

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.