Forums

Topic: Game vs. Game

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 2,015

Gamesake

With the exception of The Thousand Year Door, neither series has blown me away. So I guess I'd have to vote Paper Mario, but the upcoming Mario and Luigi: Dream Team looks pretty cool.

...in my pants.

catsrnice

Well personally I like to rate these games by each game (meaning Superstar Saga vs. Paper Mario, Partners in Time vs. TTYD etc)
But overall I find myself leaning toward Mario and Luigi, which is also my favorite video game series, period. Love the story and continuity and on top of that the gameplays fun too.

catsrnice

e-love

Winner: Mario & Luigi [Series]

Untitled

NEW: Super Mario Sunshine vs. Luigi's Mansion

While both are completely different games, was Luigi's Mansion a worthy launch title for the Gamecube? Would you rather Nintendo have launched with Mario instead? Which game do you treasure more? It's Mario vs. Luigi, quite literally in this mashup!

Super Mario Sunshine: 0
Luigi's Mansion: 1

I have to say, I love both games. A small story of mine, I remember before I first got my Gamecube at a young age, I had really wanted Super Mario Sunshine and for my birthday asked for it along with the system. I instead got Luigi's Mansion, and perhaps, like a lot of other fans asked the question "Where's Mario?"

I wanted Mario, yet I got Luigi. Somehow, Luigi's Mansion, the little game that could, grew on me like few other games have. There's just something very special about it. Maybe it's because it's so different than what Nintendo's done before, maybe it's the incredible amount of charm, maybe it was just the wonder of me being so young at the time. Something about Luigi's Mansion made me fall in love with everything it was. It still is one of my favorite games, ever, even today.

Start voting now!

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

turtlelink

Super Mario Sunshine: 1
Luigi's Mansion: 1

Sunshine felt very different, but was really fun.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Happy_Mask

Sunshine:1
Luigi's Mansion: 2
These two are polar opposites in my opinion, in terms of my enjoyment. Luigi's Mansion was one of my first nintendo adventures, and it's the primary reason I still dig out my gamecube often. And listening to Luigi go on about evrey piece of furniture never gets old. Sunshine had a terrible camera, messy jumping and... Well actually, that's the entire game in a nutshell.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

kkslider5552000

Luigi's Mansion. Sunshine is praise worthy but the FLUDD stuff often just didn't work as well as it should have.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

pikku

Luigi's Mansion by far!

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Geonjaha

Luigi's Mansion: 6

Seeing as I've never played either, me voting would be quite stupid wouldn't it? :3

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

LordessMeep

Luigi's Mansion: 7

I choose Luigi. Because I really like Luigi. And also because E.Gadd's theme. Sunshine was my first 3D Mario game but some of it's levels were especially frustrating (case in point - Watermelon Festival stage, Corona Mountain's mud boat and the red coin stages. Also, the giant pinball machine in the sky). However, I liked Sunshine because of how different it was.

(username - lordesmeep)

3DS Friend Code: 4940-6569-9541

Arminillo

Luigi's Mansion, terrible match up man.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

e-love

Luigi's Mansion: 8

@Suicune, since you must be brimming with ideas, please suggest me a few, I'd love to hear them.

SuperToad

Luigi's Mansion, even though I've never played it.

SuperToad

Kyloctopus

Do people really not like Sunshine that much?
Sunshine gave 10s of hours, with great gameplay and a beautiful open world. Luigi's Mansion only gave a few hours, and somewhat repetitive gameplay, and not much reason to come back.
Sunshine: 2
Luigi's Mansion: 9

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

ToddGack

Whirlpool wrote:

Do people really not like Sunshine that much?
Sunshine gave 10s of hours, with great gameplay and a beautiful open world. Luigi's Mansion only gave a few hours, and somewhat repetitive gameplay, and not much reason to come back.
Sunshine: 2
Luigi's Mansion: 9

Yep. Sunshine has my vote.

ToddGack

e-love

Super Mario Sunshine: 3
Luigi's Mansion: 10

Spoony_Tech

I know I'm voting for a lost cause here but both are really good to great games but if I had to choose and was on a deserted island then my vote goes to Sunshine. While I love Luigi's Mansion and I know content shouldn't matter I just think Sunshine had a lot going for it as well. Most didn't like the FLUDD system but I loved the challenge it had. I think the game looked absolutely great and even though it was all island and water themed it was varied enough to make each board different! It had a lot to live up to when compared to Mario 64 but it excelled in so many more ways. Like I said I love every minute of Luigi's Mansion and can't wait for the sequel coming in a few short weeks but Sunshine was also very good!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

e-love

Super Mario Sunshine: 4
Luigi's Mansion: 10

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.