Forums

Topic: Game vs. Game

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 2,015

SubBronze

X anyday. XIII is arguably a monstrosity.

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

moomoo

Bankai wrote:

XIII. Far more interesting characters, more intesting combat, better music.

And Vanille. Oh Vanille.

Yeah, talk about one of the most underappreciated characters ever.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Jani-Koblaney

XIII. I liked the music and battles better.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

e-love

Final Fantasy X: 4
Final Fantasy XIII: 5

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

kevohki

I'll pick X. I feel it was the start of the decline of Final Fantasy though.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

Spoony_Tech

It's funny how the better the format the worse the series got! You would thing the more power the better!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

misswliu81

if final fantasy 1 up to 7 was listed, i'd choose one of them. for me it was FF 8 that was the beginning of the downfall for this series. don't like either FF10 or FF13, but if i had to choose , i'd go for FF10. FF13 was just a mess, and a shadow of its previous games. despite all that build-up and hype and graphics, it was not the final fantasy i remembered for years ago. and it felt like a hollywood movie than a video game.

so yes, FF10.

misswliu81

e-love

Final Fantasy X: 6
Final Fantasy XIII: 5

CanisWolfred

misswliu81 wrote:

if final fantasy 1 up to 7 was listed, i'd choose one of them. for me it was FF 8 that was the beginning of the downfall for this series. don't like either FF10 or FF13, but if i had to choose , i'd go for FF10. FF13 was just a mess, and a shadow of its previous games. despite all that build-up and hype and graphics, it was not the final fantasy i remembered for years ago. and it felt like a hollywood movie than a video game.

so yes, FF10.

When was the last time a Final Fantasy game actually felt like the last one that came out? Sorry, but I just find it odd that people would go into a Final Fantasy game of all things and expect a familiar experience. The variety was the appeal, nay, the point of the series, at least as far as I can tell. The only connecting features are still in FFXIII, too, IIRC.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jeremyx7

I've always felt Final Fantasy is the biggest most overrated RPG series to date that doesn't deserve much attention for it's blandness EXCEPT for FF6,7, & 10 that actually felt like very well thought out games unlike the rest in the series.

I would pick X over XIII.

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

RevolverLink

Tech101 wrote:

It's funny how the better the format the worse the series got! You would thing the more power the better!

I really liked XII, but yeah, I generally haven't enjoyed the post-IX entries in the main series nearly as much as the SNES and PS1 games.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

TheKingOfTown

FFXIII

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Jani-Koblaney

This thread really needs a new question..

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Chrono_Cross

This is depressing. I don't know how anyone can compare the two.

I'm very confused. No vote from me.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

e-love

Final Fantasy X: 7
Final Fantasy XIII: 6

mookysam

Final Fantasy X is my favourite game ever, so wins by default.

As to reasons why it's my favourite, it's just great in every way. The battle system is still the greatest turn-based system in any rpg I've ever played. The ability to change party members on the fly mid-battle opens up the strategic possibilities as does being able to see (and influence) the turn order. The sphere grid levelling system is incredibly in-depth and extremely addictive. I can remember grinding for hours just to progress a little further. I loved having that level of control over my party's progression. Then there's the excellent music and beautiful visuals which are still lovely over 10 years later. I also loved the story and became incredibly attached to the characters.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

e-love

Winner: Final Fantasy X

Untitled

NEW: Special: Fire Emblem vs. Final Fantasy Tactics [Series]

Fire Emblem: 0
Final Fantasy Tactics: 1

Start voting now!

Spoony_Tech

This one is easy. I never could get into tactics. I tried twice because I was a Hugh Final Fantasy fan. The story just didn't do anything for me and the gameplay just seemed to take forever to get interesting. Now I did really like tactics advanced and played it to death. Fire Emblem for me as its a no brainer. Great stories and got to love the gameplay!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.