Forums

Topic: Game vs. Game

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 2,067

WaveBoy7

I haven't played Sticker Star yet, but aside from looking rehashed and uninspired, i've heard most of it's stoundtrack and it's heavily dissapointing compared to Super Paper Mario's which i'd say has one of the best scores in gaming history. Brilliant stuff!

Currently Playing: Donkey kong Country! - Virtual Console!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!
Nintendo Network ID: WaveBoy777

DreamyViridi

Intrepid wrote:

no running away unless the game decides you can.

From battles? Just tap A to increase the chances of successful escape. A dark enough screen even guarantees an escape.
Anyway, Sticker Star for me; though both games are great and really don't deserve the judgement they get.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Viridi's taking a break from Avi duty. Be nice to Peri. Or else... (Fates EU release! Yeah!)
Mario Maker Levels / The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by Auracle / My YouTube Channel

Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Emaan

Paper Mario: Sticker Star: 16
Super Paper Mario: 11

@Waveyyy, I guess I'll count that as a vote towards SPM?

Edited on by Emaan

yoshi's disco
pink ness -quik backloggery
✰ not around as much as I used to be :o ) ✰

Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

Spoony_Tech

WaveBoy wrote:

I haven't played Sticker Star yet, but aside from looking rehashed and uninspired, i've heard most of it's stoundtrack and it's heavily dissapointing compared to Super Paper Mario's which i'd say has one of the best scores in gaming history. Brilliant stuff!

Gameplay aside. Most people would agree that that music is excellent!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Emaan

Tech101 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Gameplay aside. Most people would agree that that music is excellent!

Yeah, I thought the reception (from the NLife community at least) on the music was quite positive.

yoshi's disco

Chuie

i think it safe to move on to the next thing

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube: ProtoChuie
i was mieu-fire

Intrepid

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Intrepid wrote:

no running away unless the game decides you can.

From battles? Just tap A to increase the chances of successful escape. A dark enough screen even guarantees an escape.
Anyway, Sticker Star for me; though both games are great and really don't deserve the judgement they get.

There are instances where you could be a god at button mashing and the screen will hardly darken.

Support the localization of Ace Attorney Investigations 2!
My Zeldaloggery
Diehard Accel World fan! Check it out here.
“Incarnation isn’t about desire! It’s about hope!” – Haruyuki Arita

DreamyViridi

@Intrepid - Oh right, those times. You just have to try again a couple of times and the game lets you run at some point. I understand what you mean though, 64 and TTYD have those times too. Y'know, when the OK cursor ends up a bit too far ahead of the green bar?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Viridi's taking a break from Avi duty. Be nice to Peri. Or else... (Fates EU release! Yeah!)
Mario Maker Levels / The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by Auracle / My YouTube Channel

Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

iwanttodie

LuigiMan200 wrote:

@Intrepid - Oh right, those times. You just have to try again a couple of times and the game lets you run at some point. I understand what you mean though, 64 and TTYD have those times too. Y'know, when the OK cursor ends up a bit too far ahead of the green bar?

From my experience, you have to time the A button with mario's feet to run...

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND MOTHER 3

Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

Intrepid

LuigiMan200 wrote:

With those games, though, the OK cursor could slide to the left and allow a run away, even if you hardly try. It may be statisically low, but still possible. With Sticker Star, though, it feels like the game has already decided whether or not you can run away, and the button mashing is irrelevant to the final result.

I know this seems like a petty complaint, but in a game where there is no real incentive to battle, running away is important.

Support the localization of Ace Attorney Investigations 2!
My Zeldaloggery
Diehard Accel World fan! Check it out here.
“Incarnation isn’t about desire! It’s about hope!” – Haruyuki Arita

Emaan

Winner: Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Untitled

NEW: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap vs. Phantom Hourglass

The Minish Cap: 0
Phantom Hourglass: 1

Start voting now!

yoshi's disco

Spoony_Tech

As much fun as I had with Hourglass I think it was one of the weaker Zelda outings. My vote goes to the excellent Minish Cap!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Kinsale

I prefer The Legend of Zelda Minish Cap

Who are you running from? (?_?)/
someday there will be a cactus pokemon, that is actually good.
(O vvv O)/ add me if you want to play KI:U, or ACNL, OR Pokemon
I make a lot of typos, so expect many of my posts to be edited

Bulbousaur

Minish Cap, I personally don't really like the DS Zeldas to be honest. The touch controls are too inaccurate in my opinion.

SteamID: bulby1994

Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

ThePirateCaptain

I have a soft spot for Phantom Hourglass because it was my first foray into Zelda. The Minish Cap is criminally underrated, but i'll have to stick with Pantom Hourglass.

The Minish Cap: 4
Phantom Hourglass:2

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

VISIT MY NEW BLOG 16-Bit Heaven.
Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

RevolverLink

The Minish Cap, although neither game is really among my favorite entries in the series.

Avatar - Estelle Bright (Trails in the Sky)
Currently Playing - Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation, BioShock Infinite, Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
The Revloggery

Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

kevohki

Minish Cap by far. Okamiden and OOT3D barely managed to wash away the stains on my mind from those two DS Zeldas.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic