Retro Forum

Topic: Game vs. Game

Showing 1,221 to 1,240 of 2,068

AuthorMessage

Sonomin

1,221. Posted:

Skyward Sword. Twilight Princess' art style was a little bit too dark for me. I liked Skyward Sword's better. Also, I just liked the dungeons and world better in SS.

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

Chuie

1,222. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

@LZBirdboi I fail to see how calling it Ocarina of Time 2.0 is a bad thing. Ocarina of Time is usually deemed to be among the greatest games ever made. Calling it OoT 2.0 insinuates that it's twice as good. How is that a bad thing?

:O how dare you argue with ur teacher mr.LZ for tht you get detention :3

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,223. Posted:

SkywardSword for me has a much more appealing colorful pastal-ish & cell shaded surreal art style that almost looks like A link to the Past 'gone 3D' Combined with it's amazing Wii motion plus controls shall eclipse the Green/brown colorless Sword-waggle infested 'barren' & darker Twilight princess. I own both, but i'm not touching either until i start Ocarina of time 3D. :p TP will feel like such a massive downgrade after experiencing TP that's for sure.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

misswliu81

1,224. Posted:

twilight princess for me- for many gamers, mostly zelda fans it is the 'Other M' -type game - you either love it or hate it. i thought it was cool that as link you can turn into a wolf and explore different areas, as well as be given extra powers to fight enemies. i liked the darker tone as well. skyward sword was interesting, but twilight princess felt much more exciting and intriguing.

misswliu81

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,225. Posted:

Don't EVER compare Twilight Princess to Other M! :P

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

1,226. Posted:

Twilight Princess VS Skyward Sword? Well, I beat Skyward Sword and can say it was amazing, but I only got to the third dungeon is Twilight Princess. The game glitched up so I could get to a room before I was supposed to and then I used all my keys and couldn't progress in the game. After that, I started working my way through my backlog and now I'm back to the first dungeon. I liked both, and it's really hard to compare, because they're both so similar and so different. Skyward Sword felt much lighter as a game. Maybe it was just the graphics but I never felt like the world was really coming to an end, just that I was trying to find a friend of mine who was lost (At least for most of the game). With my short time in the world of Twilight Princess though, I felt as though my world was coming to an end, and that I was the only one who could save it.

All in all though, I liked the innovation of Skyward Sword enough to say that one was better.

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Sorry everyone, but GLaDOS has been delayed.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

NImH

1,227. Posted:

My vote: Twilight Princess
My reason: It felt like the Hyrule I knew and explored on the NES. Aside from the Twilight Realm, I felt like this was the next stage of development after OoT. I do love Skyward Sword, but it felt a bit like it took more influence from The Windwaker than OoT. All Zelda titles are epic and awesome, but in this battle, the win goes to TP for me!

NintendoNerd since 1986. Dream Address: 4900-2590-0032 Town: DeNile My Sadloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3239-3091-0052 | Nintendo Network ID: NImH37

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,228. Posted:

Twilight Princess: 11
Skyward Sword: 18

I have to say, I almost love both games equally. They compliment eachother well. Where Twilght Princess falters, Skyward Sword makes up for it, and vise versa. Neither is perfect. Reading everyone's reasons, I almost want to change my vote to Skyward Sword, but I'll keep my sympathy vote for Twilight Princess, since its running behind. :p

Keep the votes rolling!

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,229. Posted:

I thought Twilight Princess was winning or it was much closer then that. Shows how much attention I'm paying! :P

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

1,230. Posted:

TP

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

iwanttodie

1,231. Posted:

SS

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND MOTHER 3

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

AuthorMessage

Itsa

1,232. Posted:

Twilight Princess.

[16:28] bezerker99: the only way i would buy Other M 2 is if Mike Burns was involved in it B-)
[16:53] LzQuacker: I am poop brown :O
[16:53] LzQuacker restarts page

[17:20] BadKitty: I am a winner~ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
3DS FC: 1160-9773-6180

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9773-6180

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,233. Posted:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

TP

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,234. Posted:

Twilight Princess: 14
Skyward Sword: 19

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

PSI_King

1,235. Posted:

CactusJackson wrote:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

TP

Buying: Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Steam), Retro City Rampage (3DS), The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
My new BL
Me vs. 3DSFan134
My Bio by Dark-Luigi
"Want a cookie? So do I. Let's Pokemon battle for it!"

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

Jeremyx7

1,236. Posted:

Both are phenomenal masterpieces and fantastic examples of showing just how entertaining video games can become. As much as I enjoyed Twilight Princess every single moment I was playing it there was one small but very important factor that was missing.....challenging boss battles. With that said all of them were fun fighting but ended to quickly for me to actually get in the moment like I normally would in any other Zelda game due to the tremendous lack of difficulty those battles had. If it hadn't been for that I would rate it above OoT but I simply cannot unless Nintendo released a Master Quest version of TP than that would be golden!

As for Skyward Sword I can go on and on how everything was flawless but instead I'll just mention 3 key features that make this Rare Gem my absolute favorite most beloved game of all time as it stands.

1.) Amount of detail put into literally every single corner you explore throughout fantastic level design nonstop until you beat the game!

2.) Revolutionary/Naturally Fluid/Top of the line Precise controls like never before that completely engrosses the player to a whole other level beyond anything ever done before. These complex controls added depth in so many ways even allowing new ways to design enemy A.I. patterns so that they're less predictable requiring the player to think things through rather than button mash.

3.) Bosses. Bosses in Skyward Sword are in my opinion the most entertaining, challenging, & creative bosses in the entire series. Boss battles were awesomely epic in this game and always felt like a Major critical event in the story and for myself as a player trying to survive.

Unless anyone can't figure out what I choose to vote for by now well.....................Skyward Sword. :D

Twilight Princess: 15
Skyward Sword: 20

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Mario Kart 7, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

AuthorMessage

misswliu81

1,237. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

i was just being sarcastic, but ok, you're right. it wasn't as hated as other M, but the game did divide zelda fans as much as other M did for metroid fans.

misswliu81

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,238. Posted:

misswliu81 wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

i was just being sarcastic, but ok, you're right. it wasn't as hated as other M, but the game did divide zelda fans as much as other M did for metroid fans.

No it didn't. There is no proof of this whatsoever.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,239. Posted:

Oh boy here comes the Zelda debate! If anything Wind Waker divided bandwagon Zelda fans because of its art style and younger kiddy look! Twilight Princess was a return to what those fans wanted Wind Waker to be. Wind Waker was also criticized for the travel method but its still my favorite Zelda as it had the most personality of all the zeldas

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

1,240. Posted:

Twighlight princess. Skyward sword had very little diversity in it's environments and practically no personality in it's cast, the bird controlled like rubbish and less than half of it's bosses were good (and not easy as all heck). I give it props for dungeon design and enemy design, and the fact that ghirahim was introduced, but that's about all it was good for. Sure, the motion controls were top notch, but I still prefer buttons. TP was lengthier (at least for me), more difficult, had more clever dungeon designs('Cept that water one, that staircase can burn in the goron mines), had better sidequests, and Zant was an interesting villain with a backstory. The worst thing about it was Ganondorf, we saw him with his curlers in. 0_0
'course, I may just be spoiled from majora's mask, because Tp was the darkest game since then... Literally, I had to turn up the brightness on my TV several times because I couldn't see wolf link. >:[

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man