Retro Forum

Topic: Game vs. Game

Showing 1,201 to 1,220 of 2,068

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

1,201. Posted:

Skyward Sword. I recently replayed Twilight Princess and while I do love that game, it has not aged well at all. The art-style looks like crap today, pixelated and washed out. Skyward Sword will at least stand the test of time like Wind Waker has.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

1,202. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

@LZBirdboi I fail to see how calling it Ocarina of Time 2.0 is a bad thing. Ocarina of Time is usually deemed to be among the greatest games ever made. Calling it OoT 2.0 insinuates that it's twice as good. How is that a bad thing?

Not a bad thing, just that Skyward Sword is better than the rehash known as Twilight Princess :)

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

ReindeerDasher

1,203. Posted:

Skyward Sword. I haven't played Twilight Princess, but Skyward Sword is AWESOME.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"
Palutena - "Good luck, Pit."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

1,204. Posted:

skyward sword, i like twilight princess a lot to. It is my second favorite zelda game. Skyward sword sets up the whole series, has a lot to do, a interesting bad guy, amazing boss fights and just overall it is just amazing.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,205. Posted:

Twilight Princess. Really while the game is blatantly TRYING to be OOT2, I've never felt it was that uncreative. A step down from Wind Waker at worst. And I felt it was the most consistently solid, only 3D game where nothing in the game is bad and there's tons to it I think is great like 3D Zeldas are. Skyward Sword gets points for having overall better gameplay and creativity but the parts that annoyed me, really annoyed me. Get rid of Fi and have more interesting NPCs on the surface it could have been my favorite Zelda. Maybe.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

1,206. Posted:

I'm voting Twilight Princess because of the reason many dislike it--it was basically Ocarina of Time on steroids. I enjoyed the entire journey and loved the challenge that was the Cave of Ordeals. I thought the final fight was fairly weak and easy, but that didn't take away from the entire experience for me.

I think that makes it 8-4 in favor of Skyward Sword.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

Shining-Void

1,207. Posted:

I prfefer the skyward sword. The twilight was great, but SS had me more immersed.

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

1,208. Posted:

Twilight Princess.

While Skyward Sword had more epic ways exploration, vibrant colors, and overall something more new, Twilight Princess, to me, had better dungeons, more towns/places to encounter, and I like it's dark tone too, not to mention, your partner is more likable instead of just acting "robotic" the whole time and only holds your hand when necessary.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Golden Sun, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Pokemon HeartGold Version, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, and Super Mario Advance.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Kagamine

1,209. Posted:

Skyward Sword. Twilight Princess was fun, but I never got into the story as much as Skyward sword. In SS I felt so immersed in what is going on, while in TP i didn't feel any connection to the characters whatsoever.

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,210. Posted:

Skyward Sword - I prefer the lighthearted, colorful nature of the game in comparison the the dank, depressing world of Twilight Princess. They both have masterful dungeon designs but Skyward Sword has the better combat system and music in my opinion.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Chuie

1,211. Posted:

omg i really love both and got attached to the story line of both of them im pick twilight princess cause i think i enjoyed it more

Edited on by Chuie

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

Rensch

1,212. Posted:

I'll go with Skyward Sword. It had its flaws but at least it tried to break new grounds gameplay-wise. I could find almost nothing in Twilight Princess that wasn't in any other Zelda game. It all felt a bit more streamlined, perhaps, but it was not original at all. It just did the existing mechanics better. Skyward Sword really (re)invented classic Zelda gameplay.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,213. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

My vote goes to Twilight Princess. It was an acculmination of everything in a Zelda game I loved. A simple combat system that got deeper as you went, a massive world, a dark story with a focus away from Zelda, some of the best puzzle design, amazing music, and fishing so engrossing it should have been it's own game.

Took the words right outta my mouth. Twilight Princess all the way!

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Intrepid

1,214. Posted:

Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword is a great game, the story was great, and the characters convey a lot of emotion, but there was simply too much backtracking. To top that of, instead of simple warping, to get to another area, you had to return to the sky, fly back into the same hole, and then land in the new place, and that was time consumming. Twilight Princess took you to many different places, and you could get to them easily. Also, Twilight had that darker, more realistic style, and I may dissagree with some people when I say it still looks visually impressive today. Also, after replaying Twilight Princess, I rediscovered just how much I liked button controls. They are both great games, but to me there's no doubt which is better.

Support the localization of Ace Attorney Investigations 2!
My Zeldaloggery
Diehard Accel World fan! Check it out here.
“Incarnation isn’t about desire! It’s about hope!” – Haruyuki Arita

AuthorMessage

HaastMK7

1,215. Posted:

Skyward sword for me please :)

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

1,216. Posted:

Skyward Sword. Re-inventing rather than summarising the series. Motion plus sword play was fantastic. The whole game is incredibly fresh and varied; it summed up what motion controls are capable of when implemented properly. The beetle is probably the best item ever added in a Zelda game. Sprinkling dungeon elements throughout the overworld, adding verticalness and making Link more agile were great design choices. It also added many new races (such as the adorable Kikwi!). It's a no-brainer for me.

Twilight Princess was too easy and doesn't hold up well graphically. The new items that were added, of which there were few, were barely used. The final dungeon was boring as hell. As others have mentioned, unlike Wind Waker it hasn't aged well. (Of course, Midna kicks Fi's butt, but that's another matter)

EDIT: as of this post, I think it's:

Twilight Princess: 9
Skyward Sword: 13

Edited on by citizenerased

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

IAmNotWill

1,217. Posted:

I loved both games. But Skyward Sword was no doubt better to me. Twilight Princess tried too hard to be dark and there was just no color in some parts.

And people might have their preference over controls but what I think made SS was better puzzles, dungeons, and items. In TP, so many items were useless after you left their dungeons.

Both games are great though. Can't wait to try HD Zelda on Wii U.

3Dash wrote:

Skyward Sword. I haven't played Twilight Princess, but Skyward Sword is AWESOME.

Then why vote?

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,218. Posted:

IAmNotWill wrote:

Twilight Princess tried too hard to be dark

Well this IS pretty accurate.

No, but surely that mindscrew sequence after saving the last light spirit meant something-oh
But Midna turning into a bizarre monster towards the end was interesting gameplay-oh
And then Zant snapping his own neck-oh why do I bother

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

1,219. Posted:

I vote Skyward Sword. It was much more fun to play--even in spite of Fi. Skyward was also very colorful and didn't have any ridiculous QTEs. (Jousting on bridges :( )

Also are we talking about the Wii version of Twilight Princess? Because I hated that game's motion controls.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

WildMan

1,220. Posted:

Skyward Sword. Twilight Princess' art style was a little bit too dark for me. I liked Skyward Sword's better. Also, I just liked the dungeons and world better in SS.

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852