Retro Forum

Topic: Game vs. Game

Showing 1,181 to 1,200 of 2,068

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

1,181. Posted:

Super Mario 3D Land

I can't stand Sunshine.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

WildMan

1,182. Posted:

Spark_Of_Spirit wrote:

Super Mario 3D Land

I can't stand Sunshine.

I can't stand 3d Land..

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,183. Posted:

Super Mario Sunshine: 20
Super Mario 3D Land: 15

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,184. Posted:

@
I don't man...Super Mario 3D Land was an advancement in terms of dishing out the Roll mechanic and 'mini leap'. Mix in the Tanooki tail whip and you've got yourself one extremely fun-controlling 3D mario. The Stereoscopic 3D is also another 'visual' enhancement.

It's a real shame though that Nintendo abandoned the amazing precise and complex 3D controls of Mario 64 with that sturdy N64 stick. That level of precision and variety of movement hasn't been replicated since in a 3D mario game...

Anyways! Super Mario 3D land seems to mesh better with the older crowd who grew up with the NES games. Little Mario makes his apperance for the first time in 3D with the one hit kill, the silly health metre is out, The flag pole is back, The tanooki suit and wonderful Air ships from SMB3 have been ressurected and 3d Land easily has some of the best King Koopa battles around.

It' just too bad the game didn't run in 60 frames per second like Galaxy 1 & 2 did, PLUS
the difficulty during the main world just wasn't there. By the time you hit up the Special world, it just
feels even more like a random jumbled up mess of crazy remixed proportions. :p

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,185. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

...with that sturdy N64 stick.

Considering how many people broke that thing, "sturdy" may not be a very good word to use there...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,186. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Considering how many people broke that thing, "sturdy" may not be a very good word to use there...

Mario Party might've had something to do with that!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,187. Posted:

I'd like to swap that sturdy with a 'tight' :p
The GCN and Wii analog sticks are looser in comparison, but nowhear near as loose as the
Dualshock analog sticks. The looser feeling destroys those subtle precise movements.

Mario 64 still has the most amazing 3D controls than any mario period. just sayin!

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

WildMan

1,188. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Mario Party might've had something to do with that!

Oh yeah, I remember getting blisters on my hands playing that.. :-P

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

1,189. Posted:

those blisters were worth it! :p I'd love to see a return of the N64 Stick. At least Nintendo made the smart move by ditching the slider sticks on prototype Wii U game Pad.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Jeremyx7

1,190. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Anyways! Super Mario 3D land seems to mesh better with the older crowd who grew up with the NES games.

Idk about that...I'm among the older crowd of gamers since the NES days and didn't care for it to much. I know a few others who have been gaming since then too and felt the same way about 3D Land.

WaveBoy wrote:

It' just too bad the game didn't run in 60 frames per second like Galaxy 1 & 2 did, PLUS
the difficulty during the main world just wasn't there. By the time you hit up the Special world, it just
feels even more like a random jumbled up mess of crazy remixed proportions.

FPS I could care less about so long as it's playable. I completely agree with what you said about the difficulty and how the later half should've just been the actual game to begin with. I really enjoyed the later half too and I feel it would've been much better having it start off like that...oh well.

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

1,191. Posted:

Super Mario 3D Land. Sunshine might be the worst main game in the series.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,192. Posted:

Winner: Super Mario Sunshine

Untitled

NEW: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess vs. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Here's the latest Zelda games to finish out the year, I personally love them both. I hope everyone had a good Christmas, and wishing everyone a happy new year as well! As far as my vote goes, I prefer Twilight Princess mostly because of the world you can explore. Skyward Sword feels more streamlined to me. Both are wonderful games though.

Twilight Princess: 1
Skyward Sword: 0

Start voting now!

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Reala

1,193. Posted:

Twilight Princess - 1
Skyward Sword - 1

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,194. Posted:

My vote goes to Twilight Princess. It was an acculmination of everything in a Zelda game I loved. A simple combat system that got deeper as you went, a massive world, a dark story with a focus away from Zelda, some of the best puzzle design, amazing music, and fishing so engrossing it should have been it's own game.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,195. Posted:

If only skyward sword had those great dungeons from TP. I love both as well but I'm going to go with Skyward Sword for the combat and the more involved story. Also love the characters in this game.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Norfair

1,196. Posted:

Twilight Princess - 3
Skyward Sword - 2

I love them both, but, I am gonna go with Twilight Princess.

My body is ready, can you say the same? Is your body ready?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-9601-9308

AuthorMessage

Knux

1,197. Posted:

Skyward Sword, and Twilight Princess is an utter piece of crap.

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,198. Posted:

Knux wrote:

Skyward Sword, and Twilight Princess is an utter piece of crap.

That was pointless to this topic!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Knux

1,199. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

That was pointless to this topic!

Pointless? But aren't we talking about which game is better? I'm only just speaking the truth. ;)

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

1,200. Posted:

Skyward Sword is so much better than Ocarina of Time 2.0 ;)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky