Check out my Personal Super Famicom Recommendations
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Jeremyx7

1,143. Posted:

Super Mario Sunshine PUTS ON BATMAN VOICE BY FAAAAARRRRRRR!

Super Mario Sunshine = Great innovation/originality/and new great gameplay mechanics to the series.

Super Mario 3D Land = Super Mario 3 + Super Mario 64 but half as difficult.......nothing really new in this one. And the incredible lack of difficulty made for to many extremely boring moments throughout.

Sunshine - 9
3D Land - 10
While I believe 3D Land to be an excellent Mario game overall unto itself, I would have to consider it one of my least favorite Mario Games ever played. I was actually really disappointed with 3D Land to be honest.

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

AuthorMessage

WildMan

1,144. Posted:

This is not even a contest. Sunshine wins by a long shot. Unlike 3d Land, it is difficult at times and it seems like they were being more original. Sunshine was platforming bliss for me. 3d Land on the other hand, feels rushed and generic.

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

WesCash

1,145. Posted:

I vote for Sunshine. 3D Land was far too easy and not terribly interesting.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,146. Posted:

Super Mario Sunshine: 11
Super Mario 3D Land: 10

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

1,147. Posted:

Haven't played Sunshine, but I've got to say 3D land is definitly a smidgey' overrated. The challenge as everybody pointed out just isn't there at least during the main world and the 30 frames per second was dissapointing, considering the graphics weren't even up to Galaxy standards which 'also' ran in 60fps. I guess using stereoscopic 3D sucks up a lot of power! :p

Anyways, 3D Land wasn't exactly 'creative' or even that interesting. But the stereoscopic 3D made the experience feel & look special and pretty darn awe-worthy at times. The controls(Roll mechanic, 'mini' leap) were flat out awesome and using the Tanooki tail in 3D never felt better. And those bowser battles? freakin fantastic! The Castles out do Galaxies and the Air Ships are a blast. But I'll admit, i got a little crispy & burnt out during the Special world. But at least the difficulty ramped up considerably... I was on the edge of my seat during the later levels trying to collect all the star coins while frantically trying to out run and dodge Clone Mario for ex.

I'm sure, once i fully experience Sunshine(instead of the 1 hour play time i had during it's release it will take the crown. You just can't beat Mario on the big screen, plus it it's original, instead of 3DLand which borrows heavily from SMB3 and SM64. 3DLand doesn't exactly have it's own identity, it's more or less a semi-love letter to fans of SMB3. I think it's the weakest 3D Mario to date, Then again...nowadays i'm just not that big of a fan of SM64. Amazing & groundbreaking during it's release, but now? Eh. I'd say 3Dland is the more enjoyable experience.

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,148. Posted:

How can you say 3D Land is more enjoyable if you haven't played Sunshine? lol Plus, how have you not played Sunshine yet? =-P

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

1,149. Posted:

CactusJackson wrote:

How can you say 3D Land is more enjoyable if you haven't played Sunshine? lol Plus, how have you not played Sunshine yet? =-P

I said i find 3D land more enjoyable than 'Mario 64', not Sunshine. As for Sunshine, yeah i really need to get on it....I've always stuck it on the back burner.
Back during it's release, for some odd reason I just couldn't get into it. :p

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,150. Posted:

@Wavey, I'm not sure which to count as your vote. :p

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

NImH

1,151. Posted:

I'm gonna have to go with 3D Land... After Galaxy, I can't play Sunshine without wanting to play Galaxy.
3D Land is simple yet satisfying.

ducks and runs offstage as a bottle flies by his head

Edited on by NImH

NintendoNerd since 1986. Dream Address: 4900-2590-0032 Town: DeNile My Sadloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3239-3091-0052 | Nintendo Network ID: NImH37 | Twitter: NImH37

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,152. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

CactusJackson wrote:

I said i find 3D land more enjoyable than 'Mario 64', not Sunshine. As for Sunshine, yeah i really need to get on it....I've always stuck it on the back burner.
Back during it's release, for some odd reason I just couldn't get into it. :p

You put too many games on the back burner. :P You need to have a Mario day and knock Sunshine and Galaxy 2 out of the ball park. lol

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Musterd

1,153. Posted:

3d land!

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115

AuthorMessage

PKNoUsernameHere

1,154. Posted:

3D Land:12
Sunshine:11
Untitled

Edited on by PKNoUsernameHere

Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Top 5 games: Pokemon HeartGold, Earthbound, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Metroid

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter: NoUsernameHere

AuthorMessage

BlatantlyHeroic

1,155. Posted:

Sunshine. It had a fun and innovative feel to it. 3D Land was just meh.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

AuthorMessage

PKNoUsernameHere

1,156. Posted:

3D Land:12
Sunshine:12
Untitled

Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Top 5 games: Pokemon HeartGold, Earthbound, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Metroid

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter: NoUsernameHere

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

1,157. Posted:

Why is this even close?
My vote definitely goes to 3D Land!!!
I regard Super Mario Sunshine as one of if not the worst Mario game. It seems more like a GCN tech demo than anything else.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

HaastMK7

1,158. Posted:

3D Land. Because it is a 2D & 3D game. Nice levels and lots of game play. Better than sun shine

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

AuthorMessage

WildMan

1,159. Posted:

I'm suprised that 3d Land even has this many votes. It is the worst Mario game within the last 15 years imo.

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

Suicune

1,160. Posted:

MrNiceGuy wrote:

I'm suprised that 3d Land even has this many votes. It is the worst Mario game within the last 15 years imo.

There are no 'bad' Mario games when it comes to the main titles....

I vote 3D Land.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo