[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,122. Posted:

Winner: Pokemon HeartGold + SoulSilver

Untitled

NEW: Super Mario Sunshine vs. Super Mario 3D Land

Here it is, the two Mario games a lot of people either love or hate. I have no problems with either of them. They aren't the best Mario games by any stretch, but they certainly are great games in my eyes. I have to go with Super Mario Sunshine though, for its wonderful island atmosphere, which I would love to return to in a sequel someday.

Super Mario Sunshine: 1
Super Mario 3D Land: 0

Start voting now!

Also, Happy Holidays!

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,123. Posted:

3D Land. While Sunshine should be praised for taking the series in a new direction, it didn't always, y'know, work. 3D Land elevated itself above the NSMB games (lack of co-op multiplayer aside) pretty quickly to avoid being stale for a few reasons.

1. While Galaxy, especially 2, had similarities to this, this did genuinely feel like a 2D Mario that just happened to be a 3D platformer. It basically took extreme unoriginality and combined it to make something semi-unique. It's quite odd like that.
2. It is the only game I know of where the 3D is not only really good, but actually matters. 3D is irrelevent to gaming and this team is the only people proving otherwise. Something about the weird camera angles somehow let the 3D be used to actually help you get through the game easier. Beyond that, it just is the best 3D on the system in general. No other 3D looks as good as it does here.
3. The music is awesome. Not since the first Paper Mario have people not named Koji Kondo accurately replicated music that sounds like Koji Kondo.
4. Secret Worlds.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,124. Posted:

3d Land. Sunshine's camera stunk, FLUDD was just abysmal, and Mario couldn't jump well at all. 3d Land had the tanuki suit, and wasn't completely broken, despite a lack of creativity in the levels.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

KiwiPanda

1,125. Posted:

Sunshine- though I agree with @Happy about the camera being kinda crappy, I definitely enjoyed the game more than 3D Land. The sense of exploration Sunshine had was something I really liked, and, although I'm sure a lot of people would disagree, I think FLUDD was a fine and unique tool. 3D Land was nothing much different from previous games in the Mario franchise, and, although it had some secret areas, Sunshine had better ones as well as them being harder to get access to.

Edited on by KiwiPanda

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit Prof_Clayton's forums for some online fun~
~
[19:42] Groosey: i thought I killed you! >:[

3DS Friend Code: 2020-0178-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

AuthorMessage

Intrepid

1,126. Posted:

Sunshine. 3D Land was so easy that I finished it in no time. The special worlds were almost the same as the main worlds, and It overall felt empty to me. Sunshine, on the other hand, had an amazing setting, a cool new game mechanic (FLUDD), and even had levels without FLUDD to test player's basic platforming skills. One level in Pianta Village has FLUDD taken from you and the level covered in lava, so you had to be pretty inventive and observant, utilizing above and underground, to gain entry and retrieve FLUDD. Sunshine also had some funny characters, and plenty of red and blue coins to collect.

Support the localization of Ace Attorney Investigations 2!
My Zeldaloggery
Diehard Accel World fan! Check it out here.
“Incarnation isn’t about desire! It’s about hope!” – Haruyuki Arita

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,127. Posted:

Super Mario Sunshine: 3
Super Mario 3D Land: 2

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

1,128. Posted:

3D Land>Taking a red hot poker to the eye>Super Mario Sunshine.

Ahhh.....I got to lash out against Super Mario Sunshine. Today was a good day.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

1,129. Posted:

Super Mario Sunshine, though.. I'm not a big fan of any of them. But Sunshine felt fresh, 3D Land felt like a Super Mario Galaxy without the gravitation.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,130. Posted:

Super Mario Sunshine: 4
Super Mario 3D Land: 3

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,131. Posted:

Super Mario Sunshine
I think the main reason why I don't enjoy 3D Land as much is that the worlds had no theme and it didn't feel as cohesive as some of the other titles. Basically, the game has no soul even though it is still a blast and has some fun levels. The secret worlds did help lengthen the game but they felt more like "remixes" than new stages. I love the atmosphere in Sunshine and Isle Delfino is a great hub. Despite what others think, I enjoy FLUUD and its uniqueness.

Edited on by CapnPancakes

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

AddADashOfSalt

1,132. Posted:

I haven't played Sunshine >.< So I can't really give a good answer

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,133. Posted:

This is a tough choice because I like both games, but I'm going to go with Super Mario 3D Land for all the reasons kkslider mentioned. I would also add that the level worlds, while perhaps not really cohesive in their themes, do allow a sense of pick-up-and-play gameplay that fits into the whole 2D and 3D hybrid.

This isn't to say that Super Mario Sunshine is a bad game, though, because the tropical setting and the secret levels without F.L.U.D.D were a treat. But Super Mario 3D Land feels like an underrated gem compared to other Mario games.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Klimbatize

1,134. Posted:

Super Mario 3D Land. It's an easy game but it was more fun than Sunshine, in my opinion. I liked that the 3D actually mattered when playing that game.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,135. Posted:

Super Mario Sunshine. It actually felt brand new and wasn't boring right off the bat.

3D Land was about as exciting as a hole in the head.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Xilef

1,136. Posted:

Super Mario 3D Land. I love how the game is sort of like a 2D Mario that plays like a 3D Mario. As for Sunshine, it's probably me least favorite Mario. I don't dislike it, but the camera and controls can really frustrating sometimes.

3DS FC: 4940 5422 5472

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

1,137. Posted:

I'm going with 3D Land. While Sunshine is a good game, I simply prefer the not-broken camera of 3D Land.

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

CM30

1,138. Posted:

Oh God this is a difficult decision to make. I like both games quite a bit, but neither were really stand out Mario games for me and I'm not sure which to vote for.

But...

Flips coin (Mario 3D Land for heads, Mario Sunshine tails)

Turns out to be heads

Right, I vote Super Mario 3D Land. If I had to defend my decision, it'd be that Mario 3D Land feels more like a Mario game and is more of an actual platformer than Sunshine. For one thing, it has far more familiar enemies and characters in, and for another it actually has a lot of bottomless pits outside of secret areas (think about it, outside of secret areas the only levels in Sunshine with a bottomless pit or two are Pianta Village and Corona Mountain).

The bosses in both generally just sucked.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,139. Posted:

Sunshine. I just liked it more. Maybe it was because it actually did things that were different, maybe it was because it was open, maybe because I actually found it mildly challenging, while I found everything in 3D Land to be very easy (even the later game stuff. I beat the super secret level and everything else in about 18 hours). Neither of them are among my favorite Mario games, but I enjoyed both.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

NoUsernameHere

1,140. Posted:

Super mario 3D land,like a sir Untitled

Buying: SSB4 (3DS and Wii U), Pokemon OR/AS (3DS) The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
My Bio by Dark-Luigi
T3H K00L KR@B
Formerly PSI_King, WarioMan and Ace_The_Elf.

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing