Forums

Topic: Game vs. Game

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 2,015

Aqueous

Mario Kart 7

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

19Robb92

Mario Kart DS, the 'Missions' mode alone made that game way, waay, waaaay better than 7 will ever be.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

kkslider5552000

19Robb92 wrote:

Mario Kart DS, the 'Missions' mode alone made that game way, waay, waaaay better than 7 will ever be.

I nearly got the best score possible (or something similar to that) for every single mission in that game and it was awesome. It's criminal that they haven't expanded on it beyond a limited time online whatever it was in the Wii game.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

e-love

Mario Kart DS: 16
Mario Kart 7: 18

These two have been pretty close. Glad this mashup's gotten more of a stir out of everyone, there's actual discussions and points going on.

This is the last chance to vote!

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

HawkeyeWii

How many days do you usually let these polls go for?
I vote Mario Kart DS x2 to even it haha

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

I-U

Emaan wrote:

These two have been pretty close.

I thought about these two games for a while before I voted for Mario Kart DS, and I am still unsure if that's the one I enjoyed more. Mario Kart 7 only feels like a rushed game due to lacking single player VS in my opinion, but beyond that, it feels the most refined in terms of racing mechanics and course designs. It is almost so great in such designs that I don't mind the lack of a VS mode. I normally don't like using nostalgia to justify a game's rank, but I think my memories were what ultimately made me pick Mario Kart DS if just by a hair.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

e-love

HawkeyeWii wrote:

How many days do you usually let these polls go for?

It all depends really. On the amount of votes, the difference between the two, etc.

shingi_70

Mario Kart DS. 7 is probably better but DS I got with my DS Phat for christmas and spent the whole morning playing online.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

TsunamiSensei

Mario Kart 7. For some reason, I didn't really like ds.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

BenAV

I never liked Mario Kart DS very much, and Mario Kart 7 has to be my favourite Mario Kart game yet, so definitely Mario Kart 7 for me.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

KarrotMan

DS had a better SP experience but 7 had the better race track selections and an arguably better Online multiplayer. Add in the Glider mechanics and the Best Rainbow Road in the series yet, my vote goes to Mario Kart 7

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

uximal

Mario Kart 7 is much better, Its has a better Track selection, Good online play and to include the new under water driving and also gliding, Although thats not to say that DS version was not good.

and 7 has 3D!!!!!

Edited on by uximal

3ds | 4983-5921-3975 | Thiori. jr

Switch | SW-8120-4957-2416 | uximal

New_3DaSh_XL

MK7. MKDS was ok, but MK7 is sooooo much better, better online, better courses, better selection of karts, better graphics...

Just so ya know MK7's got pretty much all my favorite courses.

Edited on by New_3DaSh_XL

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

CM30

Oh God, this is one hell of a hard choice to make, since Mario Kart DS and 7 are some of my favourite ever Mario Kart games. Heck, my favourite track (Airship Fortress) is even in both of them!

But I'd probably vote for Mario Kart 7 now. Nothing wrong with the DS game, it's just that 7 in my opinion has less terrible tracks than DS did while having just as many or even more great ones. DS has Choco Island, Yoshi Falls and a couple of others holding it back, 7 doesn't.

And with the exception of Waluigi, Mario Kart 7 has the better characters too. And better online, because you can actually damn play Airship Fortress and Waluigi Pinball online.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

e-love

Mario Kart DS: 17
Mario Kart 7: 23

LzWinky

Intrepid wrote:

Come on guys, DS has an emblem maker. Emblems!

And mario kart 7 has two Rainbow Roads. Your point is now invalid

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Jeremyx7

I love every single Mario Kart game. When comparing MK7 to MKDS I would say I much rather prefer 7 by a landslide. It does just about everything(minus the missions) the DS version does but x10 better. Everything is just really really fine tuned and the item selection is much more balanced. MK7 also has the best line up of 'new tracks' ever IMO with very creative track designs.

DS is great and I would still play it. But the Mario Kart series since than has improved upon itself greatly over the years.

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

e-love

Winner: Mario Kart 7

Untitled

NEW: Pokemon Heart Gold + Soul Silver vs. Pokemon Fire Red + Leaf Green

Which remakes were more faithful to their originals and made better improvements? Which ones did you just enjoy more?

Pokemon HG+SS: 0
Pokemon FR+LG: 1

I loved everything about the GBA Pokemon games, mostly because of the visual and audio style. I'm also not the biggest fan of Johto.

Start voting now!

kkslider5552000

HeartGold/SoulSilver easily! There's so much more to it and the music is so much better and they even have the old GB music to unlock. And like they literally have most of Kanto, even more than the original games. And refighting gym leaders with super leveled up Pokemon and online and...it's all so glorious. I almost don't want to play another Pokemon game because for me, who grew up loving 2nd gen, the series can't get better.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.