Retro Forum

Topic: Game vs. Game

Showing 1,021 to 1,040 of 2,068

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,021. Posted:

DS because it didn't give me self-esteem problems.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,022. Posted:

DarkKnight wrote:

DS because it didn't give me self-esteem problems.

How did i-?

Mairo kart DS

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

brian3068

1,023. Posted:

no contest DS for mission mode and single player vs

brian3068

AuthorMessage

Suicune

1,024. Posted:

People honestly like 7 better? Well ok, i'll just go play Coconut Mall on my 3DS.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,025. Posted:

Suicune wrote:

People honestly like 7 better?

I know. I don't get it? I mean it does have better courses overall but other than that, at best it's largely the same game except with less content and without being known as the game to introduce retro courses or mission mode. Nor is it Nintendo's first major online game, which Mario Kart DS was.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

rayword45

1,026. Posted:

Like I said, I have a WPA router. That means (as a person not too fond of racers) MKDS loses pretty much half the fun. Considering I only ever play online when I play MK7, you can guess how much I touched MKDS.

Stupid primitive DS connectivity.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

1,027. Posted:

Mario Kart (DS) is superior in many ways, obviously not graphics, but graphics don't make a good game. Gameplay, new features and a load of new content does

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,028. Posted:

Mario Kart is superior in many ways, obviously not graphics, but graphics don't make a good game. Gameplay, new features and a load of new content does

Yet Mario Kart 7 doesn't do any of that right.

You could sit here and say that's an opinion and to an extent it truly is. But when comparing 7 to Wii there's not much progression in most aspects. The tracks are good but don't feel new or inspired like previous installments do. And the online content feels copy and pasted from Wii. Nintendo didn't take the online and work from it providing a superb, must play mode, but rather took the easy route.

As a sequel, good developers want to improve in ever way they can to provide an even better experience than the last. Nintendo did not.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,029. Posted:

CactusJackson wrote:

As a sequel, good developers want to improve in ever way they can to provide an even better experience than the last. Nintendo did not.

well it was basically confirmed that they needed Retro's help to complete the game for the holiday season.

So it's a rushed game. For a rushed game, it's probably really impressive but still...

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,030. Posted:

Retro developed the main courses and re-imagined the retro tracks, right?

But yes, for a rushed game Retro did its part flawlessly even if their retro track selections were barely above decent.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

HaastMK7

1,031. Posted:

give me a break, Mario Kart 7 for the win, and do not give me reasons... :p

Of course Mario Kart DS has more modes but Mario Kart 7 has more features, Playable characters and better online.

Edited on by HaastMK7

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,032. Posted:

Mario Kart DS: 10
Mario Kart 7: 12

I'm impressed by the discussion here, usually people just vote and leave. :O

/me pokes at the flames >:3

For the sake of discussion, were any of the handheld games really all that great when compared to their home console predecessors? Super Circuit was better than 64? DS better than Double Dash? Not in my eyes. I never expected 7 to top Wii anyways.

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,033. Posted:

Historically, Mario Kart DS would win because it introduced online, retro tracks, and mission mode. However, Mario Kart 7 is better because it has better controls, better tracks, and better online excluding the glitches. It also has one of my favorite Rainbow Roads yet while Mario Kart DS's is my least favorite.

I vote Mario Kart 7.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

HaastMK7

1,034. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Historically, Mario Kart DS would win because it introduced online, retro tracks, and mission mode. However, Mario Kart 7 is better because it has better controls, better tracks, and better online excluding the glitches. It also has one of my favorite Rainbow Roads yet while Mario Kart DS's is my least favorite.

I vote Mario Kart 7.

Considering How much I like and enjoy Mario Kart 7, I cannot argue with you.

AuthorMessage

HaastMK7

1,035. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

Mario Kart 7: 12

I'm impressed by the discussion here, usually people just vote and leave. :O

/me pokes at the flames >:3

I think Mario Kart 7 is better than the Wii version. Even though MKWii has more characters and better battle stages.

For the sake of discussion, were any of the handheld games really all that great when compared to their home console predecessors? Super Circuit was better than 64? DS better than Double Dash? Not in my eyes. I never expected 7 to top Wii anyways.

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,036. Posted:

@CosmicMii, perhaps you should fix that. As you made it seem like I liked 7 better when you're talking about your opinion, not mine. Move the quotation down. :o

Mario Kart 7: 13

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Kyloctopus

1,037. Posted:

Mario Kart DS 11
Mario Kart 7 13
Reason: DS was the first game to give 32 stages rather than 16, by bringing back classic stages. A great idea. Also, 7 has no Waluigi, and I still dislike the Balloon Battles in that game.

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

Platypus

1,038. Posted:

Mario Kart 7. Best stages in the series, the online is great and it's by far my favorite Mario Kart,

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

HaastMK7

1,039. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

@CosmicMii, perhaps you should fix that. As you made it seem like I liked 7 better when you're talking about your opinion, not mine. Move the quotation down. :o

Mario Kart 7: 13

It is not based on your opinon, how is I think Mario Kart 7 is better than the Wii version based on your opinon?????

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

1,040. Posted:

DS

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii