Super Metroid : 4
Metroid Prime : 6

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Kinioka

Super Metroid : 4
Metroid Prime : 7

Hallelujah.

Ryno

They don't call it Super Metroid for nothing!

Super Metroid : 5
Metroid Prime : 7

My favorite game in my favorite series. Spent some time with it last night; it's definitely one of those games that I can replay over and over again!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

Mickeymac wrote:

I was never as big of a fan of Super Metroid as others were. I liked Metroid Zero more.

Interesting there Mac... I find Zero Mission such a bore.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

mamp

That's not really fair since Metroid Prime was a trilogy and you can't just think of Metroid Prime without the other 2 especially since their stories intertwine. Super Metroid was amazing though I really liked it but I liked the Prime trilogy too.

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

kkslider5552000

...and Super Metroid was supposed to be the end of the Metroid trilogy as well.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

e-love

@mamp, when it says Metroid Prime, it means Metroid Prime. As in the original game, not the trilogy

kkslider5552000

even compared to other recent series with continuing plotlines, Metroid Prime 1 (and arguably the sequels) can be played as stand alone games anyway. If anything, Metroid Prime is better that way as the sequels, while quite good, cannot get the perfection of the first Prime game.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

SomeBitTripFan

Tie for me. Just depends on if you like 3d FPA Metroid or 2d Platform-Shooter-Exploration Metroid.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

e-love

Super Metroid : 8
Metroid Prime : 9

@SomeBitTripFan and @mamp, we'll count yours as voting for both

bro2dragons

I haven't participated in this until now, but this one was WAY too easy.

Metroid Prime. Duh.

Metroid Prime not only has very tight and exhilarating gameplay and a greater sense of discovery than I've found in any other videogame ever, it also demonstrates without a doubt the GREATEST story telling of any videogame that I've played before or since. It shows a full understanding of the interactive nature of the medium. Instead of pretending it's a movie and forcing you through cutscene after cutscene to experience the story, it realizes, "Hey, I'm a game. Let's let the player uncover the story." By hiding bits and pieces of the story into the game's world and letting players scan and discover what's happening on their own if they want to and to what extent they want to, it captures the full sense of player control, something very, very ,very few other games have done. Metroid Prime is a perfect game because unlike 99% of games made today, Metroid Prime KNOWS and EMBRACES the fact that it is a videogame.

Edited on by bro2dragons

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

CanisWolfred

Ryno wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

I was never as big of a fan of Super Metroid as others were. I liked Metroid Zero more.

Better than being constantly lost in the original. I don't see how you can find it boring. Did you find Super Metroid boring, too? I think you liked the first one, right? It's basically that game, but with more bosses, more direction, and all the improvements that Super Metroid made to the franchise, plus more improvements to the controls, and an intense stealth section and a new final boss. I don't see what could be so boring about it. Those not only put it far and away above the original, but I found the whole adventure to be more interesting and memorable than even Super Metroid.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Whopper744

Prime. That game is great.
Super Metroid is good too, but for me...I'm just not as into the 2D Metroids. I get lost and end up going into the same rooms over and over again, with no indications as to what to do next. That being said I love all the Zelda games, so I love to explore, but for some reason the 2D Metroids just don't pull me in as much.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

ThePirateCaptain

I haven't beaten Super Metroid yet, but I have beaten Prime and I have to say it was amazing. I just really enjoyed the atmosphere and setting and I did play it on the Prime Trilogy so that makes it miles better.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Ryno

Mickeymac wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Better than being constantly lost in the original. I don't see how you can find it boring. Did you find Super Metroid boring, too? I think you liked the first one, right? It's basically that game, but with more bosses, more direction, and all the improvements that Super Metroid made to the franchise, plus more improvements to the controls, and an intense stealth section and a new final boss. I don't see what could be so boring about it. Those not only put it far and away above the original, but I found the whole adventure to be more interesting and memorable than even Super Metroid.

WaveBoy wrote:

If Metroid for the NES was completely erased from your Mega memory you might not feel the same way!

But getting lost in the original, when you originally play it, is part of its charm! Ok, I know that nostalgia heavily influences my view on this. I feel like Metroid: Zero Mission is Metroid for Dummies and no, I am not saying anyone who really enjoys it is crash test dummy. I was not a fan of the Chozo telling any old bozo where to gozo. I can most certainly admit that the boss fights are significantly better than the originals method of just standing there and blast away with your missiles and hoping you have found enough. OK, so maybe I need to amend my “such a bore” statement a little bit. Overall, I somewhat enjoyed Zero Mission for what it was; an enhanced easy remake of an original video game classic for everyone and their mother.

Now Super Metroid is my 2nd favorite game of all time and I totally get absorbed into 16-bit Zebes! If Zero Mission was the “for Dummies” book to NES Metroid then Zero is the “Cliffs Notes” version of Super Metroid. Cliffs Notes as in it takes a lot of content from Super and cut’s it down to an easy to understand/play Metroid. Super seems more massive and at times leave me like “crapola, what do I do now” unlike Zero which, to me, feels that it has significantly less exploration.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

kkslider5552000

Zero Mission is a really good game but at the same time it's more like a worse remake of Super Metroid made too easy or Metroid Fusion without the linear gameplay being remotely fitting or an interesting story.

retired_account

Super Metroid Super Metroid Super Metroid Super Metroid Super Metroid Super Metroid Super Metroid Super Metroid

x10^100 + ∞

Poll over, Super Metroid wins, next.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

nothankyou

I didn't like Super Metroid as much as the next guy, I vote Metroid Prime.

nothankyou

e-love

Super Metroid : 10
Metroid Prime : 13

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.