Forums

Topic: Super Mario World - Nintendo Classics Version?

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

Wheels2050

Hi all, I recently won an eBay auction for a PAL copy of Super Mario World. The version I got is a "Nintendo Classics" release, which now I've looked more closely I really can't find any information about. I presume this is a legit release, but there are a few strange things on it:

1. The cartridge doesn't say "PAL Version" anywhere, whereas most other SMW releases seem to.
2. The label ends with the code "EUR", while the manual ends with "UKV"

I've found one other eBay listing for the same release, but it's being sold as sealed so I can't see what the contents look like.

Has anybody come across this release before? Is it a legit version, or has something funny happened? (e.g. replacement label, parts of separate releases put together to make a "complete" copy...)

Here are some photos:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

theblackdragon

yes, the 'Nintendo Classics' line was legit. as for whether all three of these items actually go together, though, i have no idea. have you tried playing the game yet to see if anything's funny about it? The only sites that have anything for 'snsp-mw-eur' all seem to be in German, that'd be an instant giveaway that something's wrong with this set :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Wheels2050

theblackdragon wrote:

yes, the 'Nintendo Classics' line was legit. as for whether all three of these items actually go together, though, i have no idea. have you tried playing the game yet to see if anything's funny about it? The only sites that have anything for 'snsp-mw-eur' all seem to be in German, that'd be an instant giveaway that something's wrong with this set :3

I've only just won the auction, so unfortunately will have to wait for the game to arrive before I get a chance to test it.

It's a pity I only realised the discrepancy after I bought the game! I have had funny things like this before with (as far as I can tell, and I'm pretty thorough with my research) legit games, so hopefully all will be OK.

I'm not SUPER fussed if the manual is a replacement (or something like that) but I'd like the game to be in English...

In the meantime, any further info would be appreciated!

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

KingMike

I think Super Mario World was only released in Japanese and English.
Seeing as the box says "English Instructions only" makes me wonder if they just printed off a ton of UKV (UK Version) manuals for all PAL releases? (don't know myself as I don't live in a PAL region)

KingMike

Ryno

Doesn't really look like a match to me. I would say the below picture of the cart and manual are a match as they both are "UK" though the box is French?

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Wheels2050

So I've contacted the seller, and the game is in English so that's good

I managed to find a few more auctions of this same release, and the manuals in those copies have different covers to the one in the auction I won. It could just be that there were different versions included in the Nintendo Classics release (maybe depending on where the game was packaged?) or it could be a replacement manual from a different release.

It's a pity I can't really find any information on this - I had thought there would be a collector's site that had it all covered, especially for a game like SMW!

theblackdragon

@Wheels2050: You would think so, especially with all the collector nuts out there :3 If nothing else, perhaps asking Nintendo proper might be worth a shot? Maybe they'd be able to tell you whether or not you've got an honest complete set on your hands :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

ogo79

theblackdragon wrote:

@Wheels2050: You would think so, especially with all the collector nuts out there

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.