Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3

Posts 1 to 19 of 19

Tyron

Does anyone know if there is a way to save your game (on the NES system) or do you have to finish it in one sitting?

Tyron

KingMike

No, you can't save.
That's why they included the warp whistles.

KingMike

pikku

No, you can't save.
That's why they included the warp whi.... wait a second O_o
seriously though, get Super Mario World. it's much better

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

theblackdragon

yep, gotta finish it in one sitting. i remember back in the day the first time my parents played through it, they left the Nintendo on overnight when we went to bed... the thing was hot enough to fry an egg on by morning lol :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

StuffyStuff

I remember those days where you couldn't save and my parents would tell me if I left the game on that the house would burn down. My fear of getting in trouble always outweighed my want to beat a game.

StuffyStuff

Tyron

Warp Whistles? Don't remember those. I guess I'll have to search around to find one.

Tyron

theblackdragon

whaaaaat? warp whistles were the name of the game, almost, lol. there's two in world 1 and one in world 2... if you need help finding them, just ask. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Splat

theblackdragon wrote:

They left the Nintendo on overnight when we went to bed... the thing was hot enough to fry an egg on by morning lol :3

I did that with Rygar many of times.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

Splat

You Tube is your friend.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

rwq

You don't have to finish it in one sitting, i find that the Wii resumes the game from where I left off when i start SMB3

rwq

Marvelousmoo

They are talking about the retro NES version, back when saving wasn't invented. My friend has a NES and SMB 1 and 2 but no 3. We played through 2 in one sitting after a lot of practice, but I can't imagine doing that with 3. I wouldn't have gotten past the third world without the saving ability.

Marvelousmoo

LordJumpMad

The VC Super Mario Bros. 3
I beat it the first time around with out the Warp whistles.
And then when I beat it again, I use The Warp whistles to get to World 5, to get the infintie 1-up Trick, and Then I use the 2nd one, to head to Bowser.
Because the last World is a pain to beat...

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

SkullMan

I'd like to know how old the OP is.

We didn't have saves back in the day son! One sitting was all you got, we would leave that shat on pause while you ate.

Edited on by SkullMan

Send me the best you've got. Send me your strongest machines. The fight my brother fought, here, now, will end with me.

LzWinky

Warp whistles are for losers. I played the game all the way through when I couldn't use the potty!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

The lack of saving is why I prefer Super Mario World.

However, it does allow you to continue from the start of the world when you get a game over, right?

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

LzWinky

StarFox wrote:

The lack of saving is why I prefer Super Mario World.

However, it does allow you to continue from the start of the world when you get a game over, right?

Yup.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Good, so my only worry is overheating the poor thing.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.