Forums

Topic: Should I buy an SNES or a Genesis?

Posts 81 to 89 of 89

Kingbuilder

I still think getting one of the Genesis collections would've been a better idea, but whatever.

Anyway, here are my favorite Genesis games:

• M.U.S.H.A
  • Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master

That is all.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

ogo79

Mickeymac wrote:

oldgamesonly wrote:

Mickeymac do you remember Granada and Predator 2 for Genesis?

Do I? I never played them. I certainly hope I didn't say I played them because that would be a lie. I watched a video of Preditor 2 and I recall it being crap, but that's neither here nor there. Why?

figured you might, since you like Genesis
Predator 2 was like Smash TV, it gets a little better once you get into it

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

CanisWolfred

oldgamesonly wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

oldgamesonly wrote:

Mickeymac do you remember Granada and Predator 2 for Genesis?

Do I? I never played them. I certainly hope I didn't say I played them because that would be a lie. I watched a video of Preditor 2 and I recall it being crap, but that's neither here nor there. Why?

figured you might, since you like Genesis
Predator 2 was like Smash TV, it gets a little better once you get into it

It looks alright to me, I guess. Thanks for the recommendo, if I ever have the time and money, I'll pick them up, they're cheap anyways.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

brooks83

If cost is an issue to you, you should definately go with the Genesis. The system and the games go for really cheap these days.

brooks83

Tails

It honestly depends on which platform you owned from the beginning. Or if you didn't own nether my suggestion would be SNES. I just love the SNES huge library of games, beautiful hardware, And system can last you for a lifetime if your good at tinkering to fix any problems that can be easily replaced. (such as New Pin connectors and etc ) But, of course this is my opinion.

Check out Wii-kly Review's on http://www.videogameheat.com PSN ID: TailsPrower86 3DS FC: 3695 0027 1349 Tails XBL GamerTag: BioReaver86

salty1264

actually get a yobo fc3 plus it plays nes snes g factor and genesis 60$ 2 controllers and nes light gun

have a wii,dsi, gba and gcn but getting a 3ds and ps3. my fave game of alltime for all systems is black ops on wii

Twentys

While I'm more of a fan of the SNES due to the RPGs, the Genesis has one game that sets it apart from all others....

Toe Jam & Earl.

'nuff said.

(The Shining Forces were great, too. If you're into tactical RPGs.)

Twentys

HolyMackerel

Toejam & Earl is one of the best games on the Genesis. Panic On Funkatron was great too. Buuut the Genesis does have other games which set it apart from the SNES.

• Alisia Dragoon
  • Comix Zone
  • Contra Hard Corps
  • Golden Axe series
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Kid Chameleon
  • Ristar
  • Rocket Knight Adventures series
  • Shining series
  • Sonic 1-3K
  • Streets of Rage series (2 especially)
  • Toejam & Earl series
  • World of Illusion - Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck

HolyMackerel

Twentys

HolyMackerel wrote:

Toejam & Earl is one of the best games on the Genesis. Panic On Funkatron was great too. Buuut the Genesis does have other games which set it apart from the SNES.

• Alisia Dragoon
  • Comix Zone
  • Contra Hard Corps
  • Golden Axe series
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Kid Chameleon
  • Ristar
  • Rocket Knight Adventures series
  • Shining series
  • Sonic 1-3K
  • Streets of Rage series (2 especially)
  • Toejam & Earl series
  • World of Illusion - Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck

I still remember playing World of Illusion, quite well. The noise it made whenever you'd jump and hit your head off of something was this hollowish "Thwock" sound. All in all, it was a great game. I also really enjoyed Phantasy Star III, and IV, and Vector Man was pretty good for its time, too. And Forgotten Worlds.

Both systems had great titles, I miss the basic days of 2D gaming sometimes..

Twentys

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.