Forums

Topic: SNES Mini

Posts 141 to 154 of 154

SMODomite

@EvilRegal I have been following a forum tracking the SNES Classic and it seems everyone who ordered from Amazon received that email and people with multiple orders were getting them reduced to 1 or cancelled. Right now I feel like the most solid pre order is the in store gamestop one. There was also another 15 minute round of preorders from Walmart this past Friday around 6:00 EST

SMODomite

Meowpheel

I'd hate to be the scalper that preordered 10 units, sold them on eBay before getting them, and then received an email saying that their preorder has been limited to one unit (or cancelled).

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DarthNocturnal

@Meowpheel

I'd love to see that scalper's reaction.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

SMODomite

@Octane Looks like they are going to continue the US production into 2018 too, makes me happy, hope everyone who wants it can get it without paying scalper $$

SMODomite

Xyphon22

So these are in this week's ad for both Best Buy and Target. That makes me a lot more confident that they are actually planning on getting more in stock. I don't remember the NES ones ever being advertised like that, although I could be wrong.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

KingMike

Other people have said as well that they never even saw the spare controllers for the NES Mini that Nintendo announced.

KingMike

Meowpheel

I actually never saw the NES mini anywhere, much less the controllers. The only reason I have an NES mini is because my brother preordered one.

And the only reason we didn't preorder the SNES mini is because the same stores that offered preorders for a tiny fee during the NES mini era, now ask you to basically pay the entire thing without any warranties that you'll actually get it.

And I'm not sure if amazon ever even had any preorders in my country for either console.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Meowpheel

And of course just a few hours after I write that I get a sneaky notification from amazon ("Shhh, nobody knows we have the snes available for preorder").

We managed to snag one, and then they were gone.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

DarthNocturnal

@Meowpheel

Welcome to the “We got an SNES Classic preordered by mere seconds“ club.

Amazon.ca only has a placeholder page at the moment, from what I've read. Wal-Mart will have them online and in-store on the 29th. Source gave up on preorders after everyone attempting to preorder one caused their site to suffer a heart attack...

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

Meowpheel

If only the basic non-scalped retail price in my country wasn't the equivalent to 140 us dollars, I'd be a lot happier about it :'D

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Xyphon22

Does anybody know when Walmart usually sets things like this out for sale in store? Will they be available right at midnight, or do they wait for 8 or 10 or something like that? I was able to get an NES one by just walking into my store and asking one day and they have had many Switches in stock, so I don't anticipate having too much trouble finding one, but I would like to make it as easy as possible and get one as quick as possible (although I am not going at midnight).

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Eddyson

Will a wii-2-retro multitap work for the snes mini?

Eddyson

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic