Forums

Topic: Should I sell my PS2?

Posts 21 to 32 of 32

theblackdragon

considering you probably won't get much for it, i'd keep it. never know when it'll come in handy down the line, y'know?

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

RandomWiiPlayer

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Step 1: Get a job.
Step 2: Go out to Game$top (or Best Buy or a 3rd party retailer.)
Step 3: Look for awesome games you'd like to play. Like Tales of the Abyss, God of War, Metal Gear Solid, and... and... Final Fantasy. lol
Step 4: Mail me the games you buy and I'll tell if they're worth playing or not.

Nice try, but I'm not falling for that one again.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

CanisWolfred

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Well, the only ones that I have and actually enjoy are Star Wars: Battlefront 1/2 (have 2 for PC also), GTA San Andreas/Vice City, Star Wars: Episode 3, 007 Nightfire and Star Wars: Starfighter. I have a few others, like 007 Everything or Nothing, Shaun White Snowboarding, and Star Wars Starfighter, to name some. And I've searched a hell of a lot in GameStop for moregames that interest me, but no luck.

Too much Star Wars. D:

@reborn: Nope, not into RPGs that much. Pokemon and KOTOR are really the only ones I play. I've been looking into Mass Effect, though, but that's unrelated to the topic.

Sell them, get better games. What kind of games do you like?

Shooter, Action/Adventure, Platformer, 2D Fighting, 3D fighting, can't think of more right now.

Get Tekken 5 or Virtua Fighter 4, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, Klonoa 2, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank. Shadows of Collossus, and avoid all the FPSes because they suck on the PS2. I'll try and think of more...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tri4ceHolder

You would get around 15-20 Dollars.

I'm awesome and i love video games. And loves Zelda ALL LOT!!!
My favorite People are: Tim Burton, Conan O' Brien, Shigeru Miyamoto, an Walt Disney!!
My Favorite Video Games are: Zelda, Wario ware, Pokemon, Mario, Kirby, Sonic, Professor Layton.

V8_Ninja

@RandomWiiPlayer Have you played Burnout 3: Takedown? It's an arcadey racing game that focuses more on speed and taking down your opponents (Can you see where the got the name? ) rather than precision driving and making sure you are drifting properly. It's quite fun and it convinced me that racing games can be more than ultra-realistic "Simulators" and Mario Kart. And you can get it for a good $3.30 on Amazon. I highly recommend it.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

SuperToad

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Title.
I never play it, it just sits there. While it is a great console, it is overrated. It doesn't have the best library like most people say it does, and the controller has is uncomfortable, which is weird since I used to like it a lot.

So, should I sell it?

What games do you have for it?

Well, the only ones that I have and actually enjoy are Star Wars: Battlefront 1/2 (have 2 for PC also), GTA San Andreas/Vice City, Star Wars: Episode 3, 007 Nightfire and Star Wars: Starfighter. I have a few others, like 007 Everything or Nothing, Shaun White Snowboarding, and Star Wars Starfighter, to name some. And I've searched a hell of a lot in GameStop for moregames that interest me, but no luck.

Too much Star Wars. D:

@reborn: Nope, not into RPGs that much. Pokemon and KOTOR are really the only ones I play. I've been looking into Mass Effect, though, but that's unrelated to the topic.

Sell them, get better games. What kind of games do you like?

Shooter, Action/Adventure, Platformer, 2D Fighting, 3D fighting, can't think of more right now.

Try Yakuza 2.

SuperToad

Puffdaddy

Yeah, it's not as great as everyone talks about. If you want to trade it and get some really good credit then trade it in to:
www.estarland.com. I use it all the time and they are a great company. The only thing is that your games need to be top notch condition. I traded my ps2 in and got around 30 something in credit. I recommend the store to anyone.
Also, when you send things in through the mail, use USPS and ship it as "media."

Puffdaddy

Slapshot

Dude, I love you dedication to Star Wars but you have missed out on ALL the great games on PS2.

Start off finding a copy of Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal as its the best on the PS2.
1. Sly Cooper Series is another stellar series.
2. NBA Street Vol 2 if you like Basketball
3.SSX Tricky is NOT to be missed as well as SSX 3
4. Spashdown Rides Gone Wild is by far the greatest water game right next to Waverace 64 has some of the greatest track in Any game
5. Champions of Norath is a incredible hack and slash RPG
6. Red Faction is a very different type of FPS that has prob aged some but was very fun.
7. Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2 DO NOT MISS OUT ON!
8. FFX
9. Amplitude and Frequency if you like Rhythmn Games
10. Devil May Cry 3 and God of War Series
11. Onimusha Series as well

That should start you off in the right direction. You have missed out on so many of the great PS2 games. I recommend getting them on Ebay but if you have to Gamestop is fine but a little higher. If you have any local flea markets, most PS2 games will run you in the range of $5-$10 USD. I wouldnt sell your PS2 at all.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Platypus

slapshot82 wrote:

Start off finding a copy of Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal as its the best on the PS2.
1. Sly Cooper Series is another stellar series.

Get these I play up your arsenal and the sly games all the time!

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

R-L-A-George

If you like fighting games, Soul Caliber is awesome and of course there are PS1 games, those play perfectly on PS2. Trust me if its a phat, you would regret it if you sold it.

Edited on by R-L-A-George

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

kidcoyote_anarchy

If you want to get rid of it I'll take off your hands. I wouldn't mind having an extra one lying around.

Seaquest8

Sell the darn thing and get some classic consoles! You'll find them much more fun and enjoyable.

Seaquest8

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.