Forums

Topic: Recent Game You Have Beat "Radical Retro Console" Edition!

Posts 301 to 320 of 340

the_shpydar

Beat Snake's Revenge (aka the NES's Metal Gear 2) this past weekend. Despite the flak the game gets, it's actually pretty good and a worthy follow-up to the original. It has its flaws (the side-scrolling bits are weak), and the ending is rather lacking, but overall i'd recommend it to fans of the original NES game.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

@Tasuki:
for you musnt ever forget...
there is never a final fight.
we shall fight forever!
infinity war!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

@the_shpydar:
whens shpys snake gets revenge it really gets revenge.
wait...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tasuki

Finally beat after all these years Batman on the NES. This was one of the games that would just kick my butt when I was a kid to the point where controllers almost ended up broken. Still though it's a great game and definitely one of the NES's top gems.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

bezerker99

I recently fired up Contra in my NES and played thru and beat it w/o using the Konami Code.

In fact, I was able to beat it twice thru but eventually died and ran out of lives somewhere during the third loop of the game.

It's so strange to not have this Contra game on the VC. Any idea why it's never made an appearance there?

Inkling64

@OneBagTravel

Sounds like you were on a roll.

Did you decide on Super Metroid or Super Mario RPG?

I am building up my Wii collection right now but after reading through all these post I am wanting to play the original Metroid again.

I have recently purchased the Super Mario All-Stars Wii edition so I will probably play through it soon.

I am curious to see how it looks on a 27" computer monitor.

Inkling64

Fiyaball

@bezerker99 Iron-Contra Scandal? Maybe it doesn't look good only calling it "Contra". Plus, if it was only released in Europe under Probotector, then people in North America would whine (which isn't anything new, honestly )

Edited on by Fiyaball

Fiyaball

ogo79

castlevania dawn of sorrow 100% castle completion, 100% souls collected and all hidden items collected
expect nothing but paramount performance, precision and perfection from ogo79.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

ebracer05

got up and did a run through classic mega man an oldie but a goodie

ebracer05

ogo79

forgot to mention i beat castlevania portrait of ruin 1000%. all quests complete

the_shpydar wrote:

OneBagTravel

Finished EarthBound. The battle system to me feels ancient and clunky. I loath the games inventory management and I'm at a point now where I'm just smashing A to get through battles. Finally the story is a mess. People use words like "charming" and "funny" to describe this game, it's just plain boring compared to Final Fantasy III (VI) and Chrono Trigger which both came out before EarthBound.

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

ErrantEmbers

I am playing Secret of Mana currently, started this game several times in my life but never got too far. Always loved what I played of it, but this time I am going to finish it once and for all! I am about 3/4 way through. Afterwards I will work on completing Secret of Evermore, another classic I never got past the first 1/4 mark but always wanted to finish.

ErrantEmbers

ogo79

castlevania order of ecclesia 100% complete, all glyphys collected and all quests complete

the_shpydar wrote:

faint

Astro Warrior for the master system. It's a simple yet great little space shooter.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.