Retro Forum

Topic: Recent Game You Have Beat "Radical Retro Console" Edition!

Showing 281 to 300 of 300

AuthorMessage
TanookiToad64

TanookiToad64

281. Posted:

Just beat Super Mario Bros. 2 for the first time ever. I've had it on the Super Mario All Stars Collection on the SNES for a long time, but I just would get frustrated usually towards the harder levels. After a good while, I picked it back up and played it from beginning to end. Although it isn't my favorite game in the world to play, it still definitely has some charm.

Edited on by TanookiToad64

TanookiToadTeam YouTube Channel

Loves the GB, Mario Kart, SNES, Smash Bros, GC, Wii and mostly anything else Nintendo!

I believe that good things come to those who work – Wilt Chamberlain

Previous: 4 Player MK64 Mirror Mode Mushroom Cup
Next: 4 Player MK64 Mirror Mode Flower Cup

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
orangyoranges

orangyoranges

282. Posted:

Recently beat batman for the NES and I am so freaking happy.

orangyoranges

AuthorMessage
the_shpydar

the_shpydar

283. Posted:

orangyoranges wrote:

Recently beat batman for the NES and I am so freaking happy.

You and James Rolfe both. :)

Subscribe to Nintendo Life on YouTube

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
ogo79

ogo79

284. Posted:

just beat cosmo police galivan for nes/famicom
this has got to be one of the best nes games ever.
GO TEAM OBSCURE!
all up in here

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
baba_944

baba_944

285. Posted:

I have beaten "Wario Land II", "Mutant Mudds" DLC, and one other I've forgotten about. Next up: "Ecco The Dolphin".

Who are you?

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

286. Posted:

Untitled

Twas' a radical adventure indeed. B-) Take it for what it's worth, simple old school NES 'first wave'arcade action....Or at least it_feels_ this way rather than the 2nd(think super mario bros 2) which debuted around 88'

Anyhoo, I had a fun time with it, although the main character could of been a little more speedier, not to mention there's only 2 different tunes that loop & LOOP aside from the boss theme. In the end, it was nothing special or to write home about during those goopy P&B sanwhich School lunch breaks, but definitly worth a loony tunes look. As a child, the first boss 'Death Breath' startled me. Never have i before come across such 8-bit bizzarness during the time. The greatest thing about Little Niki? That Brilliant americaniZed box art. ;)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: 3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
ogo79

ogo79

287. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled

Twas' a radical adventure indeed. B-) Take it for what it's worth, simple old school NES 'first wave'arcade action....Or at least it_feels_ this way rather than the 2nd(think super mario bros 2) which debuted around 88'

Anyhoo, I had a fun time with it, although the main character could of been a little more speedier, not to mention there's only 2 different tunes that loop & LOOP aside from the boss theme. In the end, it was nothing special or to write home about during those goopy P&B sanwhich School lunch breaks, but definitly worth a loony tunes look. As a child, the first boss 'Death Breath' startled me. Never have i before come across such 8-bit bizzarness during the time. The greatest thing about Little Niki? That Brilliant americaniZed box art. ;)

kid niki 2 and 3 are bizarre too. they get more strange each one lol

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
ogo79

ogo79

288. Posted:

just beat castlevania bloodlines on the genesis.
eric lecarde shows no mercy with his spear of tears!

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

289. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled

what is UP with Kid Niki 3? It Looks awful, and absolutely nothing like the original. Even the 2nd seems off...Won't be bothering with either, besides both were only released in Japan which would mean i would need StarScreams internal Gut box > aka the Famicom. ;)

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage
ogo79

ogo79

290. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled

what is UP with Kid Niki 3? It Looks awful, and absolutely nothing like the original. Even the 2nd seems off...Won't be bothering with either, besides both were only released in Japan which would mean i would need StarScreams internal Gut box > aka the Famicom. ;)

kid niki 2 and 3 are actually good games. 3 has a lot of cool stuff to do in it. you can get the nes carts...:*

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage
Ryno

Ryno

291. Posted:

Finally beat Dracula X last night. Been playing it off and on since October as my Halloween game. The final battle is a pain, requires a lot of patience. Falling off a pillar sucks blood, hard. Anyway, I don't understand why people like to compare and complain about this to Rondo? I just view it as a Rondo of Blood sequel. Nobody complains about the next Castlevania iteration with Simon Belmont. How many has he been in anyway?

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
StarBoy91

StarBoy91

292. Posted:

Lagoon for the SNES

I am StarBoy91, passionate about video games, big retrophile, and fan of all things 16-bit; may your day shine brightly
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Check out my Personal Super Famicom Recommendations
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage
Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs

293. Posted:

Trying to beat ESWAT on Genesis. I'll update.

Dinosaurs

AuthorMessage
Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs

294. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

just beat castlevania bloodlines on the genesis.
eric lecarde shows no mercy with his spear of tears!

This game is tops for me, TOPS!

Dinosaurs

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

295. Posted:

Couldn't beat Snake Rattle 'n' Roll sadly.....Stage 10 is absolutely brutal, by the time i get there Stage 9 ends up taking the majority of my lives(darn slippery ice!). Looks like it's going to remain as another 'unbeatable' Cart in my NES-collection along side TMNT, Friday the 13th and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! Mike T is a total juggernaut. I can take down sand man but not the great iron mike.

Untitled

SO, i moved on to one of my favorite games of all time that i could never beat as a kid...Contra!.....Which i actually finished for the first time ever. B-) My heart was pounding a teeny bit when i was pitted up against that giant final baddie. Aka> The massive alien heart! By no means was it a tough battle, but the fact that i only had two lives left made it gruesomely Intense. I always assumed contra was one of the toughest NES games, boy was I wrong.. it's challenging, but not in the same league as something like Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse, ghosts n goblins or ninja gaiden just to name a few.

The only 2D contra games left that i need to complete are Shattered Soldier and Uprising. I now have a PS2(Until I blast it off into the sun), plus access to my cousins my PS3 so playing both is totally doable. :* Now I'm going to tackle Rygar(That or Dewy's Adventure or NiGhts on the Wii)for the NES, with the only NES title in my collection that I haven't given a whirl yet....Drumroll > TMNT III: The Manhatten Project.

Just a quick question, how long is Rygar anyways?

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage
the_shpydar

the_shpydar

296. Posted:

WaveyChristmas wrote:

Depends. The game can be beaten in just a few short hours playing at a moderately-quick pace, faster if you're familiar with the game, and much longer if you have no idea where you're going or what you're doing. :D I've played it to death so i think i can probably get through it in an hour or less nowadays, but back in the day when playing through it for the first time — figuring where to go and what to do, while not being well-leveled-up — it probably took 6+ hours.

I would recommend that when you play, spend some time leveling up so that you can breeze through the boss fights. Best place to level up easily is to spend a while in Lapis (the floating platforms/sky city kinda area) killing Heavy Soldiers (they look like androids).

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

297. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

WaveyChristmas wrote:

Depends. The game can be beaten in just a few short hours playing at a moderately-quick pace, faster if you're familiar with the game, and much longer if you have no idea where you're going or what you're doing. :D I've played it to death so i think i can probably get through it in an hour or less nowadays, but back in the day when playing through it for the first time — figuring where to go and what to do, while not being well-leveled-up — it probably took 6+ hours.

I would recommend that when you play, spend some time leveling up so that you can breeze through the boss fights. Best place to level up easily is to spend a while in Lapis (the floating platforms/sky city kinda area) killing Heavy Soldiers (they look like androids).

Thanks for the advice! But I think I'm going to save Rygar for another time. I plunked in about an hour of game time and I could not for the life of me figure out where to go, even with the sparse advice given from that floating fat santa genie. :P This normally wouldn't be an issue for me, but I have too many other games on my backlog that I'd much rather play.

I predict a lot of grinding, more slow burning confusing gameplay and wandering around without the slightest clue where to go. But I guess that's what kind of makes it so great, in the same vein as some of the boarderline ridiculous inane WTF objectives seen in Simon's quest. I'm probably going to take on SMB: The Lost Levels next instead.....Even though it looks like one big giant SMB rom hack :P So glad we got SMB2: Doki Doki Panic in the US instead. Lost Levels would of been extremely underwhelming, with it's recycled 'n regurgitated offerings. :P

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

298. Posted:

So I made it up to World 3-4 in SMB: The Lost Levels for the NES, but I keep getting stuck on Bowser's castles trick maze. I don't know, the entire game so far feels like one giant glorified emulation/Rom hack. I welcome the RAD challenge with open arms, but it's disappointing that it recycles and reuses the visuals/art direction, SFX AND music....It should of been named 'The Lost Levels' in Japan, rather than 2....

I'm deeply grateful that we never got this SMB2 and instead got the magical SMB/Doki Doki panic release, which is thee' game that defined it all for me. Not sure if I'm going to continue playing, I never cared for Lost Levels since it's essentially a DLC-playing rom hack add-on of the original masterpiece.

Untitled

But yup! Started a game of Kirby's Dreamland 3 and while I dig the Crayola infused art styled and chirpy whimsical Kirby tunes, it's abnormally easy even for a kirby game. stage design is lack luster, the controls are a bit slow and clunky. It's rather....well, boring, and I've never been bored by a traditional Kirby game. I'm basically going to drag myself through this crayloa induced fluff puffing snore fest just so I can say I finished it and move onto Kirby 64. :P Gotta play em' all!

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage
bezerker99

bezerker99

299. Posted:

Just beat TMNT on NES using the NES Advantage controller (my two regular NES controllers have some 'sticking' issues and are basically unusable). I haven't beaten nor played this game since 1990! Beating cheese grater face with Donatello's bo makes me forget about all that lost 3DS save data. RAWRRR~!!!

Untitled
spoiler links below
http://imgur.com/7nKscOz.jpg
http://imgur.com/7MLuXI8.jpg
http://imgur.com/fDjbVxR.jpg
http://imgur.com/jcGEoOc.jpg
http://imgur.com/MCLRkCw.jpg

Edited on by bezerker99

"Everyone gets old but not everyone gets great!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
All work and no play makes Zerk a dull boy.
My name in a video game.

Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Kaze_Memaryu

Kaze_Memaryu

300. Posted:

Finally managed to pull off a Battletoads no-death run. Also, I got through PLOK after not even getting to the final stage for the last 6 years! Next time I'll try it without warp fruits.

SPLATOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!

Check some instrumental Metal:
CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD | Jonny Atma/GaMetal

It's CrossCode! Playable on WiiU Browser!

Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu