Forums

Topic: Recent Game You Have Beat "Radical Retro Console" Edition!

Posts 281 to 300 of 340

BearHunger

@WaveGhoul will like this one: NES Super Mario Bros. 2!

I love those few occasions when I play on a system I don't own that is older than I am.

Edited on by BearHunger

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

bluemage1989

Paper Mario just bit the dust going to give street gangs/river city ransom a go next any pointers?? Tried it for half an hour and found its pretty challenging

bluemage1989

Tasuki

@bluemage1989: Try grinding at the beginning of the game before you get to the first mall area. Grind till you have $30 (you can push select to see how much money you have) and buy either stone hands or dragon feet from the bookstore. That should make it a bit easier for ya.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ogo79

WaveGhoul wrote:

@BearClaus:
Ahhh, my cherished & beloved SMB2.

That's thee' game that defined it all for me. Simply put, pure magic....Back in the late 80's when it was fresh out of the NintenOven, cutting edge, brand spankin NEW, dude, it was THEE follow up to the ground breaking Oh my effing She-ra Super Mario Bros 1. I fondly remember playing SMB2 in combination with *Peewee's playhouse[/strong], Super Mario Bros Super Show tagged with the Legend of Zelda during Saturday mornings which made the entire experience pretty magical. It truly felt like Nintendo ruled the world back then!

But yup, I miss the days when Nintendo and other companies got extremely experimental and bizzare-creative with their follow up sequels rather than resorting to the same safe and expected formula. Sniffles

Untitled

real men dont cry...if you were a true belmont youd know this. the only time ive ever cried it was tears of blood. thats how manly i am.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

the_shpydar

Just beat Circle of the Moon tonight (with a little help from our resident sexy Vampire Killer @ogo79). First time i've actually played through any of the GBA 'Vanias ... i much prefer the "Classicvanias" over the "Metroidvanias". But very good game, even though Drac's final form was stupid-tough. Now i'm looking forward to playing Harmony and Aria (and perhaps the DS entries down the line as well).

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

ogo79

WaveGhoul wrote:

@ogo79:

Tears of Blood huh, try stepping up those tears to Rondos. You've got a lot to learn my young Vampling poppeye padawan.

i beat rondo full percentage. try again.
the only thing i know about popeyes is fried chicken.
also
yer game needs more castlevania
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

@WaveGhoul:
yeah i beat castlevania 3 a few years ago. i beat dracula x too.
cv 3 was tough though

the_shpydar wrote:

bezerker99

Last week, I got fed up with Nintendo not releasing games I wanted to play on VC that I went into my video gaming closet and pulled out my Gamecube and Gameboy Advance Player and played thru Metroid Zero Mission. Is that game considered retro? In my mind, 2004 was like ...yesterday, and certainly not retro. But either way, that's the last game I beat.

Sort of ironic that later that week Nintendo of America finally released the game on VC. I've since beaten it on that platform as well. Fun game but waaaaay way easy. Thank goodness the game has a Hard mode and the original Metroid as unlockables.

ogo79

bezerker99 wrote:

Last week, I got fed up with Nintendo not releasing games I wanted to play on VC that I went into my video gaming closet and pulled out my Gamecube and Gameboy Advance Player and played thru Metroid Zero Mission

lol you show em whos boss.

the_shpydar wrote:

OneBagTravel

Just finished Metroid Fusion over the weekend. I only had half of the energy tanks. But found a way to trick the AI into running into my shots on the X-SA battle. Then the final boss is just a push over. I know it's not a popular opinion but this might be my least fav of the 2D Metroids. Way too linear and way too much stupid story. One pet peeve of mine is when developers think they have to shoehorn a story into a game. Imagine if every chess match had a 30 minute story associated with it. No I'd rather just PLAY the game. RPGs are good for stories, these type of action/exploration games don't need it.

/soapbox rant

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

OneBagTravel

Just finished Super Mario and the 6 Golden Coins on my lunch break. 31 exit file too

I'm amazed at the slow down in this game. Kirby games are more complex with moving sprites on the screen but however they rendered the graphics of this game really taxed the GameBoy.

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

Ryno

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is finally complete! Yeah I know, it took me long enough.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is finally complete! Yeah I know, it took me long enough.

200.6% or bust!

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

ran through final fight arcade on capcom classics collection volume 1 and the ninja kids arcade on taito legends 1 on my brand new sexy slim ps2.

the_shpydar wrote:

EastCobbSnobb

I recently beat Batman on NES, which I had never done before. I'm going to try and cross another one off my list with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1. My list of NES games to beat is as follows:
Life Force, BattleToads, Street Fighter 2010, Bad Dudes, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1, Castlevania II, Double Dragon II.

EastCobbSnobb

ogo79

oh i somehow forgot to mention i beat water margin the tales of clouds and winds for genesis. its an unlicensed chinese beat em up game for genesis. it was awesome.

the_shpydar wrote:

Tasuki

@ogo79: I can't even count how many copies of Final Fight I have, but I guess I will lol

SNES
Sega CD
Capcom Collection (PS2)
GBA

I think that's it.

As for a retro game I beat well I just beat Rampage on the NES. I know, not hard just tedious and all you get is a Congratulations!!! But I was mainly just testing out a Retron and just decided what the heck. Lol.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.