Retro Forum

Topic: Recent Game You Have Beat "Radical Retro Console" Edition!

Showing 101 to 120 of 252

AuthorMessage

MAB

101. Posted:

So true Wavinator I had more fun with Wolfenstien and doom compared to all the 3rd/FPS drivel that comes out by the truckload these days even the leap from Atari to Master System/NES was crazy it looked a bit better without sucking all the fun factor down the ghostbuster toaster trapazoid. I like the Amiga 500 games better than modern PC poop.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Forever living to inappropriately touch the mentalities of armchair internet gaming analysts and worthless console war fanboys... Let their sad stories burn eternally within my inbox furnace of hell ;)

Wii U & Steam Box DIGITAL 4 LYFE BABY!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

102. Posted:

I dabbled in my friends sleak and retro-sexy Commodre 64 quite a bit here and there back when TMNT Turtle pies were fresh out of the hot 'n ready Baxter Stockman oven. Ghostbusters II(way better than the horrible frustrating NES version), Kid Clown, GIJOE(this one has always stuck with me) S.C.A.T, Last Ninja, the list goes on and kind of on(lol) One thing is for sure, the commodre 64 had such a unique sound chip, it wasn't like anything else.Then there's Colleco Vision with a mild splash of PitFall on the Atari 2600, which was totaly awesome I've got to say! The Atari 2600 is the only Retro console left i want to add to my collection and that's that B-)

And yes, all of these realistic dull war & SCFI post appocolyptic 'serious buisness' FPS shooters with the countless muscle bound marines and their man stubble-shouting husky modern batman voices makes me want to hurl. The new Rainbow Six commercial represents why I HATE a lot of these western developers. Because they have the money, they spend it all creating some large Hollywoodised interactive flashy experience, even the commercial makes it out to be the next big movie of the summer.....blugh...The mainstream eat this call of duty crap up like BananaRama ice cream pie. It doesn't matter how simular these sequals are, they sell like hot cakes regardless. Bah, i don't really pay any attention to it. I'm in retro 80's la la land(in general haha) with modern nintendo and that's basically it as far as the gaming world goes for me. :D

Also i have a hard time gaming on these Lagy HDTV sets in general, motion controls dont do the wii justice on ANY HDTV, not even the ones with 16ms/input lag(which i have) 16ms is a big difference as far motion controls go compared to a lag-free SDTV Tube Tv. But ya...most modern videogames suck.lol Ahem, just the ones that aren't on the Wii and 3DS. :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

103. Posted:

It's pure craziness that the wild wave child has not played the original Metroid. Oh well, I guess that is what happens when you spend too much time ogling Punky Brewster. :P Hopefully you will enjoy it as much as Captain N and I do even after all this time. The Capcom Craze Club picture is just so classic though despite maybe its overuse though it will never get old like you said. :D It is quintessential 80’s minus the Ecto-Cooler juice box and some TMNT figures! I know its nostalgia talking and everybody thinks back to the “good ole days” but I too miss the 80’s and I believe in general the world was a happier and nicer place back then. I unfortunately do not have an 80’s wardrobe other then some shirts with 80’s logos on them which I should represent when playing my amazing grey wonder of a Nintendo Entertainment System. That GB commercial seriously cracked me up. Head to head Tetris? Sign me up! What would we do without YouTube? I would gladly give it up though to watch all the commercials back when they were released on a CRT. :) Demon’s Crest will be a great Halloween game.
I would play Return of Samus before Super even though Super may just be too hard to resist. It would be cool to experience the changes it went through the beginning of the series

@MadAussieBloke: Oh yeah, another fan of the 80’s! :D I suspect we are much like our parents in the way that we think things were better back then or how amazing it was. Haha… Oh well, it is fun to reminisce including here at this site. The 8 to 16 bit jump was absolutely incredible for me as well. Super Mario World was indeed out of this world for its time! I remember playing it at a friend’s birthday who had just received it as a present and we played the heck out of it. When I got home I begged my mom for one! I was 10 when the SNES came out in 1991 so at that age I remember the hype and excitement like it was yesterday whereas I didn’t get a NES until in 1989, years after its initial release. Yeah, a lot of the kids of today take it for granted but I guess that is to be expected with improvements in technology. Some kids are interested in where games came from so there are a lot of younger retro gamers out there. I am building up my retro library so when I have a Ryno Jr he will have an awesome library and fantastic professor, if I do say myself, to study from! :D

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

ogo79

104. Posted:

why play those old cheesy games when you can wait for the Playstation 537?, you know, the one with a built in car wash* and barbecue pit*?
*car sold separately
*charcoal sold separately

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

105. Posted:

Today I beat Megaman 3! What a fun game. Great music and bosses. The Megaman 2 boss levels felt cheap at times, but they were over quick. Yellow Devil totally isn't as hard as people make him out to be. The best thing I find about Megaman 3 is that it's fair. It a fair game, but it's still damn challenging! More games need to be as good as this. The difficulty is great, but it's based around amazing level design and boss paterns. Not cheap moves like no continues. Proto man was awesome. Really loved this game.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Emaan

106. Posted:

I just beat :

Untitled

Super Mario Land (Game Boy) on 3DS Virtual Console
I have to say, what a strange game. I enjoyed it somewhat, but I constantly had to remind myself that I was actually playing a Mario game :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

107. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Today I beat Megaman 3! What a fun game. Great music and bosses. The Megaman 2 boss levels felt cheap at times, but they were over quick. Yellow Devil totally isn't as hard as people make him out to be. The best thing I find about Megaman 3 is that it's fair. It a fair game, but it's still damn challenging! More games need to be as good as this. The difficulty is great, but it's based around amazing level design and boss paterns. Not cheap moves like no continues. Proto man was awesome. Really loved this game.

I know its cliche but that is my favorite in the series. There was just something with that game that the next seven just couldnt repeat.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

108. Posted:

I finally cleared Wario de Mambo in

Untitled

Now I'm trying to get all crowns in the Spindex, clear all of the remix stages and unlock all of the little goodies in the Souvenir section.

Edited on by RevolverLink

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

109. Posted:

Oh, and 9 1/2 years after I first got it, I finally beat my copy of Metroid Fusion last night. :D

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

110. Posted:

RevolverLink wrote:

Oh, and 9 1/2 years after I first got it, I finally beat my copy of Metroid Fusion last night. :D

That's always worth a congratz! You know who was pretty tough, huh?

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

111. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

That's always worth a congratz! You know who was pretty tough, huh?

Thanks. Nightmare is what prevented me from from finishing the game all those years ago; it was so satisfying to finally get the better of him.

The Revloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

112. Posted:

Oh G-d, yeah, Nightmare was...well, you know. Brought me to my knees for the longest time, too, and you're right, it's a great feeling when you finally conquer that kind of obstacle.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Emaan

113. Posted:

Untitled

Just finished this last night.

I loved it!
The last few levels, like the Space Zone and Wario's Castle actually got pretty difficult. Besides that the game was pretty easy for me.
I loved the level themes, and the music is amazing! Possibly my favorite handheld Mario game. :D

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

114. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Untitled
Mega Man 3

I too just beat Mega Man 3 recently for the first time. I know, what took me so long right? I can now confidently say that I like Mega Man 2 more. I enjoy the music more in 2 and the level design hardly seemed improved in 3 though I do like to slide along whenever I can. Rush's introduction was a great addition. Dr. Wily's castle stages seemed pretty short and easy in comparison to 2 as well. Where it admittedly took me a long time to defeat Wily in 2, 3 was pretty easy to figure out. Like Retro_on_theGo said, the game provided a good and fair challenge. Overall, no doubt that Mega Man 3 is a tremendous game and Mega Man is a special series on the NES. I'm looking forward to eventually beating them all by 20XX. B-)

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

115. Posted:

Ahhh, good to hear RynoProto :p
I'll tell you why i prefer MM2 over MM3 and every other sequal in the entire franchise(Although 9 is extremely close)
Now the first Mega I played was 1 and it was quite special for the time, there was nothing else quite like it on the market and it was actually kind of a little revolution in the NES era. Then came 2 and completely improved on MM1 in every single way imaginable. 2 has such an amazing upbeat vibe about, it's extremely colorful with spectacular music to match. The organic stages such as Bubble, Air and Wood are easily my favorites and are some of the most imaginitive stages in the franchise couple by those incredibly memorable 8 bit chip tunes. The Password tune(hell even the password screens themselves were amazing for the time) and 'get Weapon' tune were mullet pumping awesomeness. B-)

2 was just so bloody special, that none of the sequals that came afterwards captured that magical spark MM2 left....Until 9 that is.

3 had a more darker tone, it took that light hearted bright and colorful look that 2 brought fourth and jabbed it in the mega gut and went full on Proto-dark. :P It was more mechanical and serious this time around which i wasn't a fan of. Snake man however was easily the coolest robot master and the first creature based RM to pave the radical way. B-) The stages were such an oddity though. Why was Top man in a green house? Why was shadow man in a lava pit? They didn't seem to match the stages at all half the time. Music was a step down i felt, and it just wasn't quite as fun overall. The colorscheme in the robot master selection screen was practically all blue and orange, so much for variety. :p And good lord charlie brown, those Dr.Wily return stages were brutal mainly because of the returning MM2 'Android' robot masters....those fights felt sloppy and prety frustrating i've got to say, but the return stages themselves were pretty awesome. It's still a fantastic sequal, and i really dug the inclusion of the slide mechanic, which made boss battles a little more diverse and fun.

The only real thing i didn't like about 'MM2' was Dr.Wily's castle(amazing bosses aside).....It was so bland...and ugh, possibly the worst castle stage wise in the franchise. Can't remember 3's but i'm sure it's miles better. :p Plus, 3 improved on the 'quicker' latter climbing and mega man's controls felt more finely tuned and kinetic.

Still, 2 left such a greater impact. Many gamers in this day and age that wind up playing 2 after the later sequals find it a bit dissapointing in ways. You really have to experience it right after one to really appreciate how amazing 'the step up' truly was. Sorry for the Super Sea of Tetris Text:P once you get me talking about Mega Man i won't shut up hehe.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Emaan

116. Posted:

Untitled

Yes, I finally just beat this game. After putting it off for so long, I finally did it!

I feel so accomplished. Being a hardcore Mario fan like myself, I really couldn't believe I hadn't gone through a play of this game yet. Surprisingly, it was pretty difficult. I've played nearly every Mario game there is, and this one really got challenging at times. Maybe it was the different jumping mechanics than the games in the series that followed it or maybe it was just a hard game. I seriously got frustrated playing this ._.

Well its done. Finally. Wooo!!!
Okay I'm done freaking out. :D

Edited on by Emaan

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

117. Posted:

@Emaan sure do like yer avatar

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Emaan

118. Posted:

Really? Why thanks:]

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

119. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

Untitled

Yes, I finally just beat this game. After putting it off for so long, I finally did it!

I feel so accomplished. Being a hardcore Mario fan like myself, I really couldn't believe I hadn't gone through a play of this game yet. Surprisingly, it was pretty difficult. I've played nearly every Mario game there is, and this one really got challenging at times. Maybe it was the different jumping mechanics than the games in the series that followed it or maybe it was just a hard game. I seriously got frustrated playing this ._.

Well its done. Finally. Wooo!!!
Okay I'm done freaking out. :D

I always think it's an easy game, when really, it isn't!

Backloggery. Now playing: Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Gex, Metroid Fusion, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV), and Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Sonic Classic Collection).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

120. Posted:

Untitled

Definately one of my all-time favorite Zelda games, at least handheld console-wise.

Backloggery. Now playing: Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Gex, Metroid Fusion, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV), and Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Sonic Classic Collection).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro