Forums

Topic: Recent Game You Have Beat "Radical Retro Console" Edition!

Posts 101 to 120 of 340

Tasuki

Finished this last night.

Untitled

For some reason maybe its due to all the Castlevania 3DS news I have had a bad case of vampire fever and no I dont mean sissy preppy twilight tweeny vampires either. So I decided to give Bloodlines a crack (yes I am aware of the pun). I have to say this is easily in the Castlevania top five. After playing this game I can say if you are a Castlevania fan and haven't played this one then you need to get yourself a Genesis and pick up this one. Its a shame this one probably wont see the light of day (or is it the dark of night) of the Wii VC which I dont understand. They can bring the NES Castlevanias, the SNES Castlevania, and heck even the Tubrografx one but not the Genesis one? Ok I think I am done with my rant.

But yes defiantly worth having a Genesis. Now I am going on to the direct sequel

Untitled

as soon as I find a copy.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ThePirateCaptain

Time to get active on this thread and blow some popsicle stands. I beat Zelda II The Adventure of Link a while ago but just today I finished Metal Slug 1st Mission on the Neo Geo Pocket Color.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

ThePirateCaptain

I just finished the explosive Metal Slug Advance! That game is just plain fun and has some really challenging boss battles as well. I love the graphics and sound but it is a little short. I prefer this over Gunstar Super Heroes personally.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Ryno

Untitled

In an attempt to score a wise man once said, “Friends call me Nova, as in Casanova.” What does that quote from Oz in American Pie have to do with Power Blade for the NES? Well, not much other than the fact you control a character named Nova, master of the ancient Power Blade, through 7 sectors and try to rid New Earth’s computer virus! Sounds awesome right? Well, this game most definitely is! This games difficulty is way low compared to other NES games so if you are looking for a game to cruise through this should be the one. It is often compared to being a clone of Mega Man though I thought it was unique, enough, to stand on its own with its style. This music is off the charts as every tune is crazy catchy. You will be humming along in no time while you whip your boomerang(s) like you were Captain Boomerang himself taking out all sorts of aliens and robots. I would recommend Power Blade to any NES fan even though overall it may be a little too simplistic and easy. Just remember to have your 80’s shades on; if you are going to save the Earth you might as well look dang good doing it!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

MikeDanger

Untitled

Was it hard? Yep.
How long did it took me(since I got it)? 2 months, passwords and everything...
Are my balls bigger because of it? Absolutely.
Will I ever play it again? No comments....
Rate it (1-10) Vegeta: IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on by MikeDanger

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

EvilRegal

After nearly 20 years of owning it, FINALLY got gold on 150CC Special Cup! Several times over the past few days, have almost forsaken the game for a few more years, but stuck to it out of respect for the upcoming 20th anniversary. Annoying as BLEEP! I've sounded more like my naughty idols Panty & Stocking (FAAACK!!!) than I have my sweet/innocent idol Fluttershy lately. In other Mario Karts, your main "rivals" tend to beat each other and help you out points-wise. In SMK, you have ONE rival who ALWAYS gets second place and is snapping at your tail however well you drive.

Anyway, now one of my gaming monkeys is off my back and I can settle for leisurely 50CC races for relaxation now (after I get over my burnout). Now, for that FF II Pink Tail and beating Tyson...

Also beat Kid Icarus: Of Myths & Monsters, which may not really count here in this thread, being a recent 3DS VC release. Great ending MUSIC (that original KI fans will recognize ), but sucky ending itself. No wonder Pit disappeared completely until Brawl.

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

CanisWolfred

Just beat Dragon Warrior I for the GBC, on the pack known as Dragon Warrior I & II. It was a fun little game. I basically already have the game memorized, though, except for the dungeon layouts, so that had a lot to do with it. My first few tries with this game was not enjoyable at all, as I found that the game relies too heavily on obscurity. There were a few things that I found that if I hadn't looked up a guide, I never would've figured out. The cursed items, the D-Scale, the Castle Basement (heck, I simply stumbled upon that), and other such things. Maybe there were some NPCs I didn't talk to? Not sure, I thought I talked to them all.

Anyways, the game certainly has a lot of charm, a simple combat system, surprisingly little grinding due to the rebalancing of the GBC version, and a world that's fun to explore. All in all, it was a good game, and I look forward to playing Dragon Warrior II now.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Nintenbro

WaveBoy wrote:

Yet Skyward Sword looking amazing but it seems like a massive adventure to get into. A Link the Past shall be the next Radical trip to Hyrule I venture into

Yep, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is amazing @WaveBoy. In fact, it's easily become my second all-time favorite Zelda experience in existence. You're also correct about it being a lengthy journey, but it's definitely well worth the effort my friend. I think you're going to absolutely adore the art direction. Bright pastel colors and the character designs have to be the best in the entire series. In my opinion, Skywards Sword's water color impressionist art style envelopes the The Legend of Zelda series with perfection.

I know it's not going to happen anytime soon, but I was really hoping to experience The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past on my 3DS. I don't know why, but I think A Link to the Past would play like a charm on the 3DS. I'll most likely just end up downloading ALttP on the Wii VC. I can have hopes and dreams though, right?

I've just begun playing The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX on the 3DS VC. My game is currently saved in the very first room of Key Cavern. I like to save at the very beginning of dungeons/temples, so I have something of interest to bring me back. Tackle dungeon/temple at hand, locate next dungeon/temple and save. That's the play method I find myself using, while playing Zelda games.

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

e-love

Super Mario Sunshine [Gamecube]

Untitled

Just finished this last night. I loved everything about this game, truly a classic. I don't care what anyone says, this is one of the best Mario games. The atmosphere, the music, the personality, its all awesome. Not to mention playing this was a blast, or should I say an absolute "splash."

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Ryno

Untitled

Oh man, I almost threw my Retro Duo Portable out the window with Clash at Demonhead after the (spolier) bomb went off at the end because I didn't line up the medallions correctly (end of spolier). For those who have completed this one, does that still count as beating it?

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

Untitled

Oh man, I almost threw my Retro Duo Portable out the window with Clash at Demonhead after the (spolier) bomb went off at the end because I didn't line up the medallions correctly (end of spolier). For those who have completed this one, does that still count as beating it?

that medallion thing is supposedly random and changes each time. id say it didnt count but depends on how you look at it

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

nessy

Beat Contra yesterday with an old friend... The Konami code.

Hokori

bezerker99 wrote:

XENOBLADEEEEE!!!

Oh.............., /me reads "quotes". My apologies.

Actually in today's day and age, kids would consider a 2year old game (yes I'm counting Japanese release) as retro... Apparently to some they say " man I have such a nostalgic rush from playing COD BO"

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

CanisWolfred

I wish you were kidding, Otaku.

Just beat the arcade mode in Arcana Hearts on the PS2. I think I finally found a fighting game Otaku might want to try - the entire cast consists of cute anime girls of various archetypes. Unfortunately, it also seems to be one of the most complex fighting games out there, and I don't have have a manual for it. Luckily the default difficulty seems to be set rather low - I didn't even come close to understanding the battle system, and I still beat the arcade mode with relative ease. Only had to repeat a few fights once or twice, and there's no boss to worry about. It's also a fun game with a lot of charm, especially in its win quotes.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Hokori

Mickeymac wrote:

I wish you were kidding, Otaku.

Just beat the arcade mode in Arcana Hearts on the PS2. I think I finally found a fighting game Otaku might want to try - the entire cast consists of cute anime girls of various archetypes. Unfortunately, it also seems to be one of the most complex fighting games out there, and I don't have have a manual for it. Luckily the default difficulty seems to be set rather low - I didn't even come close to understanding the battle system, and I still beat the arcade mode with relative ease. Only had to repeat a few fights once or twice, and there's no boss to worry about. It's also a fun game with a lot of charm, especially in its win quotes.

well I do enjoy fighting games and the cute would be a bonus

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Ryno

ogo79 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Untitled

that medallion thing is supposedly random and changes each time. id say it didnt count but depends on how you look at it

OK, I am now officially satisfied with my completion of Clash At Demonhead!
Untitled

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.