Posts 101 to 120 of 133

StArHaMa

OK😉 here we go

Snes
N64
Gamecube
3ds
Wii U
All these are Nintendos strongest consoles all of consoles had some games which people talk about and hopeing that Nintendo might rerelease them weather digitally or fiscally.

Yh that's right I left out NES all versions of both GAMEBOY and DS also the Wii. 🎮🍭🍬🍱🏈🚦🚨🚥🔚

Edited on by StArHaMa

Bring in the love

Dpullam

N64
Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo Wii U
Nintendo Wii
Nintendo Switch
Nintendo DS
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Color
Gameboy
Nintendo Gamecube
(Ranked from favorite to least favorite)

Edited on by Dpullam

Gamertag: DeePullThree
Switch Friend Code: SW-2321-5988-1019
PlayStation 5 User Profile: DeePullThree

StephenYap3

1) SNES
2) Game Cube
3) 3DS
4) GBA
5) GB/GBC
6) Wii U
7) Wii
8) N64
9) NES
10) DS

I haven't played Virtual Boy and it's too early for me to judge where the Switch is at. I liked all the systems, though the DS left a lot to be said for me.

StephenYap3

Darknyht

Gamecube
SNES
DS
Wii U
Gameboy
Wii (Due to Virtual Console)
NES
GBA (didn't have one for long, before it was stolen)

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

kkslider5552000

I like every Nintendo system I owned basically the same tbh.

I guess if you held me by gunpoint it'd probably be I dunno...
GCN > Wii > DS > N64 > GBA SP > Wii U >>>>> 3DS > GBA classic

or something. GBA's the only time I ever bought a 2nd version of a system and for obvious reasons.

Also, while it's probably bad luck or my fault (and my lack of buying half of the great ones yet probably), my experience with retail 3DS games thus far has been a massive disappointment, and the main reason I consider Wii U far better (Wii U also still has better indie support than 3DS too).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

kkslider5552000

I think you missed the good GCN games even harder than I've missed the good 3DS games.

kkslider5552000

Tsurii wrote:

I don't care for Melee, I actively hate Metroid Prime 1

So you have terrible taste, good to know. : 3

Octane

@Tsurii There's still hope in that case

Sunshine is my favourite 3D Mario too, and dare I say that Colosseum is definitely top 3 material for best Pokemon games? My favourite two Zelda games are on it. Metroid Prime, Pikmin, Melee and Double Dash!! among others.

N64 was a bit of a disappointment in hindsight. OOT and Mario 64 amazed me when I first saw them, but other than those two, Star Fox and maybe a handful of other games, it was quite forgettable. I never enjoyed Banjo Kazooie as much as other people did, though we did play a lot of Conker back in the day.

I didn't play a lot of PS2 games, since I didn't own the system. But SOTC is still one of my favourite games, so I cannot wait for the remake next year. And there's Okami I guess, but the Wii got that one as well. I think I was too occupied with PC and handhelds for another home console.

Octane

FX102A

1) DS - A huge library and lots of unique and experimental titles.
2) Gamecube - Thin on content; Heavenly Quality Games
3) Wii - Quality titles, unique experiences, hidden gems
4) SNES - Brimming with quality, although wished it had more arcade style titles
5) Switch - The versatility to play HD gaming anywhere is superb, although it needs more titles to hold on to this spot (although titles on the horizon look good)
6) GBA - Lovingly portable and a great selection of titles and hidden gems; many however were ports
7) 3DS - Like the DS but smaller library that leant towards safer and less experimental titles
8) Wii U - Had some quality titles but support was limited and Gamepad was a but of a dud that few games truly used and needed.
9) NES - A true pioneer but the vast majority of titles just don't hold up in my opinion these days

Never owned a N64, Gameboy or Virtual Boy.

Edited on by FX102A

FX102A

LuckyLand

1) Wii along with Gamecube accessories to play Gamecube games too: I love both many Wii games and many Gamecube games, I also loved the Photo channel a lot, I spent a lot of time enjoying my favourite pictures in my favourite console. I've never been a big fan of motion controls but the positives of the Wii were so many and so important for me that I had to deal with motion controls and learn to enjoy them.

2) Gamecube: there were so many games I loved in this console and the water effect in games like Super Mario Sunshine was absolutely unbelievable! I also love Gamecube's logo and its shape, it is so cool even now!

3) Gameboy/Gameboy color (I only had the black & white one): it was my first console ever and it was so extremely cool. It is extremely cool even now. Many games are great and their minimalism make them truly shine, it's like they really highlighted all the things a game needed to be fun and enjoyable at its core

4) New 3DS XL: Of course now I prefer to have a New 3DS than an old Gameboy, but Gameboy and Snes Virtual console games are one of the main reasons why I like the New 3DS that much. I enjoy keeping my favourite pictures and watch them in my 3DS too, so this is another one of the main reasons why I like it so much, but for me it is still not enough for it to be better and more important than the original Gameboy, expecially compared to their respective different generations of console they belong to

5) Nintendo 64: at first the only game that I liked for this console amongst the ones I bought back then was Super Mario 64. It was the second console I bought and it has been rather disappointing for me, I did not like it. After many years I had the chance to try some other games and I found out there were some really interesting titles. I expecially like Paper Mario (the first one is the best and the more pleasant to look at too in my opinion) and some racing games that were really fun and impressive. I also like Banjo as a character and I like its games to some extent but having tried them for me they become too much convoluted in the more advanced stages, they become frustrating so I cannot completely like them even if I'd like to. I'd like Nintendo kept the rights of Banjo I would like to see him in other videogames for Nintendo consoles, I'm sure eventually I would have found one exactly like I would like it.

6) Game Boy Advance: I've always felt rather disappointed with the GBA too. I love the Gameboy and I felt like the Game Boy Advance games failed to keep up with the quality and "iconic status" of the previous console. There was something that felt cheaper and more random in the games for Game Boy Advance, and also it was disappointing the fact that there was no new Super Mario platformer for this console, only portings. Probably it was not completely bad but I was expecting a lot more than that.

7) Wii U: I think that all the features of this console were completely useless and uninteresting, and the Gamepad with the monitor inside it was rather unpractical to use for me. Some game that forced the player to use two different screens gave me headaches to the point that I was unable to play them for long, and as a whole even tough there were some really good games for this console the games for the old Wii and for the GameCube are still much better in my opinion so after a few days I got back to the first Wii and never touched again the Wii U since then. The lack of the Photo Channel was another thing that really bothered and disappointed me. Probably if the Wii U was retrocompatible with Gamecube too and had a photo viewer I could have used like it was a more powerful version of the old Wii, but without Gamecube and without Photo channel I was missing too much

8) DS: I hate touch controls, I hate the two separate screen and I can't understand why somebody could find it useful to have two different screens, but back then those features were new and Nintendo was all committed into forcing all players to enjoy those things. On the 3DS they already achieved what they wanted so they did not bothered that much to make you feel like you were forced to accept those things, there are many games that plays more traditional, but on the first DS you can really feel how hard they tried to change the style of the games and I really hated it. I hated the games, I hated the features of the console, and I never found anything that made me want to try and deal with it, like I found on the original Wii instead. I have nothing but bad memories about the original DS. I really dislike it. A LOT.

I never owned NES and SNES but I really like them, I think they are two incredibly amazing, fun and cool systems, I would have loved to have them. Right now I would just like Nintendo to release Nes and Snes (and other systems too) Virtual console games on the Switch for us to buy the ones we want, choosing them one by one.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

spizzamarozzi

1. Nintendo DS - pretty much the perfect system with the perfect library
2. GameBoy - doesn't look like much nowadays but when you're young and go to school and everybody has a GameBoy it's a big deal.
3. Russian Famiclone with 9999 in 1 cart which I got when my Mega Drive broke in the mid-90s - it was pretty stellar, especially exploring the actual content of the mysterious cart.
4. Wii - it was a novel experience and had some pretty good games.
5. WiiU - a bunch of good games, loved to play in "tabletop" mode, ultimately the bad sales prevented it from reaching its potential.
6. GBA - pretty good selection of games for a portable, although the jump from GBA to DS makes the GBA look like a child's toy now.
7. Game & Watch - actually a clone of a clone that played a rip-off of Fire. Pretty good.
10. 3DS - a terrible system sold as a portable but with the game library of an early 2000s home console built exclusively for nerds. Awfully expensive and with the worst digital shop of its generation. It has one great idea (the 3D effect) which sadly was mainly used to display games where it didn't matter, therefore everybody stopped using it. A system entirely ruled by a dreadful fanbase of people who, apparently, keep buying the same kind of game over and over and over. If I could, I'd sell it (it would be a first for me), but I quite liked the submarine game.

I've never owned any other Nintendo console, but I've played all of them at my cousin's. I liked what I played on SNES and GameCube but never cared for the N64.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Haywired

I have already put my list earlier in this thread, but I didn't give any explanations, so here goes for home consoles (it's ridiculously long, but this is like 30 years' worth of opinions):

1. SNES. It's the king of consoles in my opinion. In a top 10 games of all-time list on another thread, the majority of my top 10 were SNES games. The pinnacle of 2D gaming (which I've always generally preferred). Moving away from some of the more annoying and archaic aspects of the arcade-style gameplay of the NES, but still keeping some of the good aspects. It has pretty much everything you'd want in terms of great games in every genre. I also think it's the best looking console ever (mainly referring to the Japanese/European design, though I don't dislike the American one). I also have the most nostalgia for it, I guess because for me the SNES era was when I was aged like 8-12, and I don't think life was ever as good after that...

2. GameCube. In that top 10 list, the second most entries were N64 games, but I think overall I have slightly more fondness for the GameCube. I suppose like how the SNES perfected 2D games from the NES, maybe the GameCube did the same with 3D games from the N64. I also think the GameCube had fairly decent third-party support all round, getting most of the big multi-plats of the era. I mean, nowadays it seems to be a cause of celebration when a Nintendo console gets like a FIFA or WWE game. On the GameCube that would have been the very least we'd have expected. It also has arguably the best controller ever.

3. N64. Home of many of my favorite games of all time. Though at first, I wasn't always hugely enamoured with the jump from 2D to 3D as with the newfound focus on exploration and non-linearity, I sometimes found myself getting lost and not knowing where I was supposed to go next, which was frustrating. I was also disappointed with the lack of Japanese third-party support, leaving some key genres woefully underrepresented. However it's still an awesome console, with awesome games, that I have many fond memories of.

4. Wii U. Feels weird to put the Wii U above the NES. I think the two-screen Gamepad idea was almost entirely pointless. A couple of neat ideas here and there, but most of the time its usage was contrived at worst, tenuous at best and often just made things needlessly clunky and convoluted. A solution desperately looking for a problem. It always made me laugh the amount of people on this site who had convinced themselves that they could "never go back to playing games without a map/inventory on a second screen!" (even though you still have to pause from the action to look down at it, so it makes no difference...) or pretending that they'd ever cared about screen clutter, etc. Of course, these people now think the Switch is the best thing ever, so I guess they could "go back" after all... What a bunch of liars. But if we ignore the gimmicky controller and just stick to the Pro, while obviously its overall game library is very thin, I would probably take my Wii U game collection (including the great eShop) over my NES game collection if I had to choose. Oh and it's also like the most boring and uninspiring console design ever, being just a less interesting version of the Wii design (and at least the Wii had a unique and cool look with its slanty thing).

5. NES. So yeah, if feels very weird and wrong to put such an important and iconic console as the NES so low, but it's not necessarily through any fault of its own, it's just that inevitably things that come out after will improve upon it. Though I will say that sadly I think a lot of NES games have aged quite badly, and even some supposed classics are now barely tolerable. I guess also I don't have as much nostalgia for it as I do for the SNES because we had a NES when I was like 4-7, so I was a bit too young to have been fully into it.

6. Wii. The console that almost made me consider selling my whole Nintendo collection and quitting gaming entirely. Simply put; I don't like the Wii because I don't like motion controls. To be fair, pointer controls can be decent, it does have some amazing games and I actually totally agreed with its philosophy of simplicity and accessibility and that video games had started to alienate casual players. However, I think the Wii remote was clunky, annoying, tiresome, unresponsive and unreliable. Every time I had to "shake the controller!" to do something I think I died a little inside. Motion controls confuse wackiness with fun. I don't think they're "immersive" as they're jarring and distracting. They make you very much aware that you're just flailing a controller around in your living room, thus taking you out of the game world, thus immersion-breaking. I don't even think they're that "innovative", as innovation in technology is usually about making things smaller, quicker and easier, rather than more laborious. As Itagaki once said (when criticizing motion controls); "The reason video games are fun is because you get a big output from a small input." I like to kick back and relax when playing video games, and that involves the simple, elegant tactility of buttons (which actually work, which is all controls need to do). Having to mime out all the actions is extremely irritating (and then mime them out again because they inevitably didn't register the first time). It's all well and good touting "new ways to play!" but if I'm a gamer then by definition I liked the way we were already playing. It was also annoying how it was used by some Nintendo fans as how "Nintendo is the only one that innovates! They invented motion controls with the Wii and everyone copied them!" despite the fact that there have been tons of motion control devices before the Wii. Plus, if Kinect is a copy of the Wii, wouldn't that make the Wii a copy of the PS2 Eye-Toy, as using their logic, it's the same difference? Oh and I found the whole cheesy aspirational lifestyle marketing of it cringe-worthy. Dark times all round, which makes the weird push for resurrecting Wii waggle on the Switch very disappointing for me (though I can kind of see where they're coming from).

Haywired

Ryu_Niiyama

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

home console:
gamecube
n64
wiiu
snes
wii
nes

Handheld
3ds
ds
gbc
(only played gba via roms and ds)

updating mine:
Home Console:
wiiu
gamecube
switch (for now....will likely tie with the wiiu)
n64
snes
wii
nes

Handheld
3ds
ds
gbc
(only played gba via roms and ds)

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

shadow-wolf

@Ryu_Niiyama Nice to see someone also liking the Wii U as well! It's absolutely one of my favorite consoles, I think I might just have to put it at #1 at this point as well. Although I suspect the Switch will eventually surpass Wii U once I get one.

shadow-wolf

Ryu_Niiyama

@shadow-wolf It is a fantastic console, powerful (I dare say wiiu produced many of the prettiest games last gen...switch is a new gen so...) versatile (as it it is an all in one, but if Nintendo had gone for broke in the VC it would have been insane. plus the controller options were insane.) and it had a very strong albeit small library. I also feel that the asynchronous gameplay really shines with certain games. I still pull out Nintendo land for games with friends.

I think if we ever go to the level of tech required to cost effectively do so, I would like to see Nintendo revisit asynchronous gameplay with some later version of the switch (perhaps have the dock double as a receiver so that if you wanted dual screen play you could still have that in addition to pure docked mode...It won't happen as devs would be too lazy to use it outside of Nintendo themselves...but I can dream). Plus it got several taiko games.

The only thing that "soured" it for me was the region lock as I had to buy two of them (as for the battery life my couch has an outlet on it so I was never bothered by the poor battery life). I hate that the wii is technically so low as I greatly enjoyed that system while I didn't really like the NES (granted my age at the time had a lot to do with it) but the wii did have a fantastic library with a ton of often overlooked gems...so glad the wiiu is BC.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

RancidVomit86

1. NES
2. Gamecube
3. Wii U
4. N64
5. GBA
6. SNES
7. NDS
8. Wii

Strange but SNES never grabbed me. I just found the Genesis to have a lot more fun library for me and now the SNES sits as one of my most neglected consoles for collecting. The N64 is rubbish honestly and most of the games don't hold up very well but it has a sort of charm to it also. I've never been much of a handheld player.

1 and 2 was the hard spot for me to choose. The NES has a lot of titles I like and it also holds lots of memories of my childhood but the Cube was just a great little machine. It had some really great games on it.

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

roy130390

1-3DS
2-Gamecube
3-Game Boy Advanced
4-SNES
5-Game Boy Color

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

shadow-wolf

@Ryu_Niiyama I agree with your opinions. Although as cool as asynchronous gameplay was occasionally, IMHO it isn't worth the extra cost required. I do wish they improved the Wii U VC, I loved the Wii's VC and it's arguably the best VC Nintendo has offered so far.

shadow-wolf

Caryslan

Here are my picks....

1-3DS

2-Game Boy Advance

3-Gamecube

4-Super NES

5-DS

6-NES

7- Game Boy/Game Boy Color

8- Wii

9- Wii U

10-Nintendo 64

I have a much stronger bias towards handheld games then I do home console ones, which is why the Game Boy Advance is ranked higher than the SNES and why the 3DS takes home the overall top pick. I just think Nintendo's handhelds are their stronger offerings, especially in later generations when third-parties started to ignore their home consoles but kept supporting Nintendo's handhelds with quality games.

Now, I think the Nintendo Gamecube is the best home console Nintendo has ever offered, and I played tons of Gamecube when it was out. Not only was the first-party good, but there was decent third-party support on the system as well and I enjoyed games like the Prince of Persia games, Splinter Cell, MGS: The Twin Snakes, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, the Resident Evil games.

People love to bash the Gamecube's third party support, but compared to the Wii's garbage support and the non-existent support on the Wii U, the Gamecube looks really good and for a Cube owner like myself you really missed out on very few multiplats compared to other Nintendo home consoles.

The only one that comes to mind are the GTA games, but I never cared much for those games so it was never a big loss. I eventually got a PS2 and played my Brother's Xbox and I still think the Gamecube was the best system of its generation.

Caryslan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.