Forums

Topic: Post your favorite retro eighties music here

Posts 121 to 130 of 130

Matty2310

skywake wrote:

Matty2310 wrote:

@skywake By the way, where in Australia are you from? I'm from Melbourne.

Since you're from Melbourne, this is the only way I can answer that question this week

Haha, sorry mate but the cup's staying Victorian (jokes, I don't really care since I don't follow footy, although sometimes I tune in for the Grand Final). From the video I'm guessing you're going for West Coast? (Non-Australians must be so confused lol).

Edited on by Matty2310

For those of you who don't know who I am, I'm Kirby95, I just changed my username.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7224-8981

Matty2310

Guess which NintendoLifer just turned 20! Seriously, guess! What? No one knows it's my Birthday? Well now you do!
Happy Birthday (to me of course) - Altered Images (1981)

For those of you who don't know who I am, I'm Kirby95, I just changed my username.

skywake

Matty2310 wrote:

skywake wrote:

Matty2310 wrote:

@skywake By the way, where in Australia are you from? I'm from Melbourne.

Since you're from Melbourne, this is the only way I can answer that question this week

Haha, sorry mate but the cup's staying Victorian (jokes, I don't really care since I don't follow footy, although sometimes I tune in for the Grand Final). From the video I'm guessing you're going for West Coast? (Non-Australians must be so confused lol).

Just read this... I'd kinda forgotten about the result

That said, it's kinda hard to be too upset about it. We didn't make the 8 last year and early in the year people were writing us off entirely. Then we not only finish 2nd on the ladder but we make the Grand Final. Not a bad result all things considered especially given that we lost to the Hawks in the GF after beating them just few weeks earlier. Sucks to fall at the very last hurdle but they still did pretty damn well. I suspect that Dockers fans were a hell of a lot more disappointed with the result than we were. The Dockers went into the finals as favourites, didn't even make the Grand Final.

Back on topic, I'm not really diving into that much 80s music ATM. The closet I've got recently is modern stuff that imitates that sort of style. Recently Ringo Deathstarr's new material which maybe leans a bit into the 90s.... but it's close enough

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Matty2310

@skywake Haha don't worry, 2nd's pretty good.

@WaveBoy, haha thanks! I love the bit from 2:52 when they look at the camera lol

Anyways, regarding 80s music, here's what's probably my favourite 80s song at the moment:
Dancing Girls - Nik Kershaw (1984)

Love the sinister effect the synths give off here, as well as the bizarre video with dancing old ladies. Saw him perform this actually in September. Very short guy.

Edited on by Matty2310

Matty2310

@WaveBoy Yeah they were very big here in Australia at the time, lucky us! (Not that I remember them being big at the time, since I wasn't born yet, but you know what I mean). Also, how do you embed? Since the old method doesn't work anymore..
Anyway, regarding music, here's Baby Come And Get It by the Ponter Sisters (1985). Love the way the synths roll in this one.

Matty2310

@LavaTwilight It certainly is among the tops.

Here's Rebel Run - Toyah (1983).

SweetLuma

Michael Jackson
Robert Palmer
Duran Duran
Foreigner- not sure if they're more '70s or '80s
Pretty much everything on the Romy & Michele soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC35iWqBrADAbq6y3Fq7ziKA/feed

Matty2310

@SweetLuma yeah Duran Duran are awesome.
Anyway, here's "Mind Of A Toy" by Visage (1981), pioneers of the New Romantics.

Matty2310

Hello everybody! No one thought I'd left had they? Well good, cause I'm never leaving leaving. I'm here to claim my thread again. Here a very unknown one (but not in Australia).
Take It All Back - Pookah Makes Three

Edited on by Matty2310

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.