Forums

Topic: Playing NTSC Games on PAL SNES

Posts 21 to 24 of 24

KingMike

Sort of good importer. If I had a PAL console and TV, I'd rather play the PAL version of Lufia II honestly. (renamed "Lufia" because the first game was never released in PAL)
The US version exclusively contains a couple serious bugs:
1. Capsule Monsters. You can feed these things extra equipment to make them evolve. They're supposed to ask for common purchasable items, but the US version broke this and so they will ask for rare, irreplaceable items. I only got them to level 2 because this version contains another glitch: it doesn't save the monster's current "craving" in the save data, causing it to reset to the default. So I could spam that by continually feeding, saving, resetting.
2. The more famous serious bug: one location you go to late in the game (as well as the last floor of the game's bonus dungeon) has corrupt graphics. You can eventually "feel" your way around the room but it annoying and probably shocks a lot of people the first time.
The PAL version also fixes a bunch of typos and a couple lines of glitch text.

KingMike

xXJonathan

Thanks very much for the help you have provided! I plan to purchase a PAL Super Nintendo and send it to 'Console Passion' for a switchless mod to be installed. Once again thanks very much and I look forward to many good times playing games on my Super Nintendo!

Jonathan

Ristar42

Have fun with the SNES, the Megadrive I got from Console Passion still works great after a couple of years.

If you're near London its also worth checking Retro Game Base, they have a shop in Streatham which has a broad selection of retro consoles and 8-bit computers for sale.

Ristar42

xXJonathan

Unfortunately I live in the central belt of Scotland and I'm starved of retail stores

Jonathan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.