Forums

Topic: Original Systems VS Clone systems

Posts 21 to 35 of 35

the_shpydar

Also sometimes referred to as a "swap meet" in Southern Cali and other places.

"Yard Sale" (which are the kind that we tend to have here on Long Island) in the U.S. typically refers to one family selling their crap in their front yard or driveway. "Rummage sales" here tend to refer to similar group sales or similar sales organized at a church, temple or other community location, like Tasuki said.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

J_K

I have a suggestion. Yobo. There's a lot of 'clone' systems out there, and most of them are very cheaply made both inside and out and they'll crumble in some way sooner than later. Now, I have this friend (gone to his shop off and on(moved away 7yrs and came back) since 1995 maybe before, and he sells Yobo stuff. He won't sell garbage. I've tested out the systems they have and there's a NES clone, NES/SNES, and NES/SNES/Genesis clone, also a portable NES and SNES too. The guts they use are solidly made. The outside casings are not that fragile either, though he did say to me they probably use cheaper plastic that'll brittle or discolor in a decade on you though. That said, those systems start I think around $40 and up from there, perhaps less online if you're lucky. They also can use REAL Nintendo pads in the deck too, though the given ones aren't entirely garbage either but it's a nice option.

If you can't luck into a NES or whatever that runs admirably well it's a choice that works.

My Stuff - http://members.cox.net/tanookisuit/gameinventory.html
The Gamer Theory Forums - http://forums.gamertheory.com/

Lotice-Paladin

Tasuki wrote:

Ah ok so its like what they call a rummage sale here in the US. Interesting facts though thanks for the info.

No worries. Although I personally thought that "car boot" was used in the US too. XD

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

Tasuki

Relevant Latty wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Ah ok so its like what they call a rummage sale here in the US. Interesting facts though thanks for the info.

No worries. Although I personally thought that "car boot" was used in the US too. XD

If it is Its not used in Northern California. Lol

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Lotice-Paladin

Tasuki wrote:

Relevant+Latty wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

If it is Its not used in Northern California. Lol

I see...a rummage seems like a good word to use too I guess.

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

Tasuki

I could always call it what my dad did and that was crap sale. Lol (sorry if the language is offensive).

My Backlog

Tasuki

grenworthshero wrote:

I've always just called it a swap meet. I grew up in Southern California, and that's what I've always heard.

Yeah I have heard swap meet too.

My Backlog

J_K

Swap meet is a more west coast type thing, not entire certain on the east coast, but when it comes to the south and midwest those outdoor/inside a big building type random crap for sale things gets called a flea market. Sad thing is, depending what you get, the market may supply the fleas free of charge.

My Stuff - http://members.cox.net/tanookisuit/gameinventory.html
The Gamer Theory Forums - http://forums.gamertheory.com/

grenworthshero

eh, swap meet, flea market -- I've heard them both and pretty much use them interchangeably, so I'm not sure it's a east/west thing or not. Of course, I've lived all over the place because we were a military family.

Edited on by grenworthshero

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

brooks83

Tasuki wrote:

I could always call it what my dad did and that was crap sale. Lol (sorry if the language is offensive).

OH THE LANGUAGE! I am scarred for life

brooks83

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.