Forums

Topic: Old games you regret buying

Posts 1 to 19 of 19

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Mega Man Anniversary Collection (GC). I got it because I wanted an introduction to the Mega Man series. Turns out the first 6 games are all the same and they're all hard. It's also awkward playing the games with the GC controller when they were designed for the NES/SNES controller.

Mega Man X: Command Edition (GC). My first Mega Man game. It's a stupid RPG with random encounters in an otherwise empty area. Plus, even on easy kills, Mega Man annoyingly says "Ahh. I did it." The boss battle warning is not for photosensitive people. I got it really cheap at a video store that was going out of business, so I just sold it at Gamestop and was through with it.

Edited on by The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Xkhaoz

@StarFox I like Anneversary Collection.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

KoKoO_Psy

Starfox, man the hell up. Megaman is meant to be hard. Inverted buttons kill it a bit though.
Secondly; Maybe, but i am not sure, 'MetalArms Glitch in the system'. I mean it is a good game, I like it, but It is just awkward to play.

KoKoO_Psy

Will

Spiderman and the X-men on Megadrive. That game was terrible, I got it cos it had spiderman in it.
Chakan - the foreverman on Megadrive would like to play it again, but I remember being so dissapointed when I played it first. Diddy Kong Racing N64, why didnt I just get Mario Kart 64!!

Will

Reala

Colecovision collection for PS2, bought it just to see what games where like before MS and NES, one or two where ok, but the rest I didn't really care for, at least it was cheap.

Reala

Sean_Aaron

Namco Museum 50th Anniversary for Gamecube -- barebones and some of the ports (Galaga) not up to scratch.

Defender for Gamecube -- no original game!!!??? The game is okay, but not special enough for me to bother plugging in controllers to boot into Gamecube mode.

Intellivision Lives! for Gamecube -- I never owned an Intellivision; now I know why...

Viewtiful Joe, Gamecube -- Nice game until the BS repeat boss run at the end. lame, Lame, LAME!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Outrunner

Rolo to the Rescue... <shudders>.

Edited on by Outrunner

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

Firkraag

(PSX) Vandal Hearts 2, it wasn't even CLOSE to as entertaining as the first one was.

There he goes, Firkraag. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. - My VGscore

Ristar42

Dragon's Lair on the C64, a good few years ago...urrgh!

I tried to take it back to WH Smith claiming it didn't work (I was sure it couldnt be that bad), but they would only exchange it for another copy (and it really was)... Also Virtua Quest on the Gamecube, that was surprisingly bad!

Also - agree with Sean there about Namco 50th on Gamecube - and it was badly optimised in PAL 50hz over here! Oh well, it did sometimes play Dexy's Midnight Runners on the menu screen, but thats a matter of taste I guess...

Edited on by Ristar42

Ristar42

Slapshot

PSP.... Namco Classics..... lets just say Atari games are well left as memories.
GB..... Wario Land 2...... I thought it was 3 that wasn't great but its 2.
Think that is about it.

@Starfox..... I know your a younger gamer and the appeal of Mega Man and really difficult games has seem to be lost with the younger generation so I DO understand you not liking Mega Man but for us older gamers MAN I LOVE them.

@Sean Aaron..... Dude please do NOT hate on Vewtiful Joe, that game was a breath of fresh air for us 2D fanatics when it first came out. Its still one of my all time favorite game Ever, BUT the last boss did kind of get frustrating.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

J_Bitties

I purchased StarTropics and Zoda's Revenge recently for my video game collection. Both are horrible games. I didn't pay much but the fact is I had to pay SOMETHING for that trash so I regret that...and for thinking they belong in a video game collection.

J_Bitties

Sean_Aaron

slapshot82 wrote:

@Sean Aaron..... Dude please do NOT hate on Vewtiful Joe, that game was a breath of fresh air for us 2D fanatics when it first came out. Its still one of my all time favorite game Ever, BUT the last boss did kind of get frustrating.

I will stop hating on games that rehash boss battles when game developers stop making them!

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Paperclip

Street Fighter 2. I wish I liked this one. I liked SF3, so I thought I'd try out the one before it. Nope, it just wasn't the same.

Now I'm waiting for Capcom Vs. Tatsunoko =D

Check out my classy comics.

y2josh

Jade Coccoon 2

y2josh

WolfRamHeart

J+Bitties wrote:

I purchased StarTropics and Zoda's Revenge recently for my video game collection. Both are horrible games. I didn't pay much but the fact is I had to pay SOMETHING for that trash so I regret that...and for thinking they belong in a video game collection.

Wait till Stuffgamer1 sees this!

WolfRamHeart

theblackdragon

Jerichoholic+Josh wrote:

Jade Coccoon 2

I'm glad I'm not the only one who bought a Jade Cocoon game and regretted it. I bought the original, though. bleh.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

y2josh

lol. Yeah, it looked so awesome and sounded awesome. Then I put it in and was like what...the...crap...

y2josh

theblackdragon

For me, Jade Cocoon was the first game I bought when I got my PSX. I forced myself to play it through once, and that was it. I still have it, lol... I don't think I've touched it since 2000.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Sean007s

jet force gemini sucked so bad...
whats the deal with that game?
i seriously hate it..

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.