Forums

Topic: Retro recommendations thread

Posts 781 to 785 of 785

BougieBeetle

Have you tried Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey and Minnie (AKA Magical Quest 2)? Really solid 2-player simultaneous co-op platformer that's designed to be easy enough for kids. I played it a lot with siblings and friends as a kid. If they like that you can get the fan translation of the J-only Magical Quest 3 starring Mickey and Donald. Incidentally, Magical Quest 1 is single player, sadly.

Of course classics like Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World are in the conversation. They might be too young for aggressive action games like Contra 3 or King of Dragons but those are great for co-op too. Goof Troop and Secret of Mana are good as well but may be too complicated for them.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

gcunit

@BougieBeetle Magical Quest 2 is certainly new to me, and from a quick view on Youtube I'd agree, it does look like a very solid classic 90s platformer - I'll defo give that one a shot - thanks.

More suggestions welcome.

Edited on by gcunit

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Tasuki

@gcunit Joe and Mac would be a great one, I had alot of fun with that one when I was a kid with my brother.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic