Retro Forum

Topic: Retro recommendations thread

Showing 521 to 540 of 636

AuthorMessage

Slayer

521. Posted:

That last comment on my previous comment was an edit and it looked like it erased all typing, sorry if I made previous references that were annoying in any way.

"Hello sir, may I take your order?"
"Yes, I'll have a cheeseburger and fries..."
"I AM the cheeseburger and fries!"
Things you need to know about me:
I hate Texas.

AuthorMessage

Powerglove2

522. Posted:

i recommend this....i just got one a week or so back and converted it with a 1st print gyromite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6gAd0vb8bk

Untitled
Untitled

Powerglove2

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

523. Posted:

sorry if I'm saking in the wrong thread but, should I download on my 3DS tLoZ oracle of Ages or Seasons?

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

HYDRA413

524. Posted:

Hey saw, Castlevania II : Belmont's Revenge (with the box) for $35. Worth the buy or not ? Thx !

HYDRA413

AuthorMessage

DarkEdi

525. Posted:

I read the complete topic. It was interesting. Im from México and here is growing to collect old games and many are getting more expensive than before and others are easy and cheap. Great topic. I think the VC is a great way to get rare or expensive games or the ones where you dont have the original console. I have all Nintendo consoles and here is rare to get the others so the VC is a great way to get other consoles.

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

526. Posted:

I defineitly wouldn't recommend the overly praised and super overrated Strider for the Genesis...

Untitled

Strider SUCKS. the screen shots look all fine and dandy but in motion this game looks cheap and plays like a complete disaster. I'm just blown away by how bad the animation is. Strider's sword swipe is only 1 frame....the explosions? same deal and they look absolutely horrid. The enemy & boss(Aside from being terrible) animation are beyond bad & choppy and give off the feeling that this was originally an 8-bit game redone in 16-bit graphics... the visuals don't match the animations.... and the game is lacking in sound effects, there's no sound when you destroy an enemy for example, it's just odd and comes off feeling like an emulator glitch.....And did i mention this game feels absolutely CRAMMED?....

My experience with the painfully average Shadow of the Ninja(NES) was more enjoyable than this Robot circus of a mega drive mess. ;) Either way, both games left a slimy bitter battletoads taste in my mouth...It's going to take a fat italian plumber, Blue Boy robot and a lean mean & green sword wielding elf to rid me of these two devlish pixel stinkers. ;)

The only two Ninja based gaming franchises that I'll ever need are Ninja Gaiden & Kid Niki:Radical Ninja. tee hee

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

MAB

527. Posted:

@ Wavensteiner I recommend Wayne's World for the SNES... This represents the heights of what the system can achieve and should be part of your ebay list ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

528. Posted:

Strider is one of those games where you can definitely see the Genesis' Blast Processing at work! :D

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

529. Posted:

Powerglove2 wrote:

i recommend this....i just got one a week or so back and converted it with a 1st print gyromite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6gAd0vb8bk

Untitled
Untitled

Crisis Force I want for the 3DS VC probably more than anything else. (That it seems likely I could get).

Don't think it is as good as

Space Megaforce (SNES)
or
M.U.S.H.A (MD)
or
Spriggan (PC Engine)

(I think Crisis Force is better than Zanac but not as good as Master System - Power Strike 2)

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

nes_pimp

530. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

ChrisT99 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

ChrisT99 wrote:

Hey everybody!

We just got a store called 2nd and Charles here, and guess what...

They have at least 3 shelffuls of N64, SNES, and NES games, and most of them are less than 5 dollars!

Should I get one of those Retro systems to play those specific games on, or should I just wait until they come out on the Wii U VC?

Get one of them, you'll be an old man before they get most (not even all) of the good games on there.

I'd recommend the NES because a lot of games should be cheaper for it.

Should I get an actual NES, or should I get one of those systems that play NES and SNES(RetroN or something like it)?

I'm not sure. I'm tempted by the retrons, but I'd have to look up how sturdy they are. I don't want a new thing that wouldn't last me as long as a 20 year old machine...

Get an actual NES there usually cheaper, the controllers are much better.

nes_pimp

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

531. Posted:

Crisis Force looks awesome.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ryno

532. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I defineitly wouldn't recommend the overly praised and super overrated Strider for the Genesis...

Strider SUCKS. the screen shots look all fine and dandy but in motion this game looks cheap and plays like a complete disaster. I'm just blown away by how bad the animation is. Strider's sword swipe is only 1 frame....the explosions? same deal and they look absolutely horrid. The enemy & boss(Aside from being terrible) animation are beyond bad & choppy and give off the feeling that this was originally an 8-bit game redone in 16-bit graphics... the visuals don't match the animations.... and the game is lacking in sound effects, there's no sound when you destroy an enemy for example, it's just odd and comes off feeling like an emulator glitch.....And did i mention this game feels absolutely CRAMMED?....

My experience with the painfully average Shadow of the Ninja(NES) was more enjoyable than this Robot circus of a mega drive mess. ;) Either way, both games left a slimy bitter battletoads taste in my mouth...It's going to take a fat italian plumber, Blue Boy robot and a lean mean & green sword wielding elf to rid me of these two devlish pixel stinkers. ;)

The only two Ninja based gaming franchises that I'll ever need are Ninja Gaiden & Kid Niki:Radical Ninja. tee hee

@Waveboy: Haha... Oh man. You're expectations for a Genesis game are to high! Remember it's not a Super Nintendo. ;) I have a copy of Capcom Classic's Collection that has the arcade version of Strider on it. Many people like Strider including myself. Oh well. I could also recommend some other Ninja games but you seem to only like Mega Man and the other well know, played by everyone and their mother type of games. :p

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

533. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Untitled

The PC Engine Arcade CDROM version is better (Or the Arcade version on one of the compilations).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

Geno92

534. Posted:

CountWavula wrote:

Untitled

@CountWavula

You forgot a third ninja franchise on the Mega Drive..... Shinobi.

Geno92

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

535. Posted:

Geno92 wrote:

CountWavula wrote:

Untitled

@CountWavula

You forgot a third ninja franchise on the Mega Drive..... Shinobi.

And how does Shinobi stack up to Ninja Gaiden? I never touched a Shinobi game even back when i owned a genesis. The only shinobi game i've played was 'Shinobi' on the 3DS's Game Gear. VC It was....decent i guess. It absolutely lacked the charming visuals, animations, soundtrack and kinetic & energetic gameplay of the NES Gaiden Trilogy. If anything, Shinobi on the GG almost reminded me of the power rangers, but 10x less cool. ;) I ended up beating it, but i'll admit i had to use restore points during the very end. While i ALWAYS favor the idea of limited continues, GG shinobi gets ape poop extreme at the very end and forces you to make ridiculous leaps of faith....Leaps so insane that not even Ryu Hayabusa would attempt.

I played the game for hours without using a single restore point, but as hours flew by, i was barely getting anywhere at the very end. I'll admit, the game would have beaten this little froggy if restore points had not existed. I'd love to here ANYBODY on here who can beat it OldSchool without those cheap RP's!

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Ryno

536. Posted:

CountWavula wrote:

And how does Shinobi stack up to Ninja Gaiden? I never touched a Shinobi game even back when i owned a genesis. The only shinobi game i've played was 'Shinobi' on the 3DS's Game Gear. VC It was....decent i guess. It absolutely lacked the charming visuals, animations, soundtrack and kinetic & energetic gameplay of the NES Gaiden Trilogy. If anything, Shinobi on the GG almost reminded me of the power rangers, but 10x less cool. ;) I ended up beating it, but i'll admit i had to use restore points during the very end. While i ALWAYS favor the idea of limited continues, GG shinobi gets ape poop extreme at the very end and forces you to make ridiculous leaps of faith....Leaps so insane that not even Ryu Hayabusa would attempt.

I played the game for hours without using a single restore point, but as hours flew by, i was barely getting anywhere at the very end. I'll admit, the game would have beaten this little froggy if restore points had not existed. I'd love to here ANYBODY on here who can beat it OldSchool without those cheap RP's!

Here's my two cents. Shinobi does not really stack up to Ninja Gaiden IMO. Ninja Gaiden is so flippin' fluid that really, what games compares??? Granted I have really only played Shinboi III but something abut it feels a little awkward like a lot of Genesis games. As long as you avoid comparing it to Ninja Gaiden, Shinobi III is a fun game.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Kenchi

537. Posted:

Shadowgate is an all time favorite, I really enjoy the NES Strider game, by the way. Street Fighter 2010 is fun for me. Castlevania 3. (Simon's Quest, too. . . . yep.) The original Metal Gear, Metroid are still fun for me. I could go on and on. I play more classic retro games than I do new ones. Can't help it.

3DS Friend Code: 3625-7861-0439
NNID: Kenchi9
ACNL town: Zenn La

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

538. Posted:

^I know who I'm not asking recommendations from...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

539. Posted:

I always hear AMAZING things about Chrono Trigger. I have been meaning to pick it up however can someone please formally explain why people argue that this is one of if not the best video game of all time?

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

540. Posted:

GamecubeMan wrote:

I always hear AMAZING things about Chrono Trigger. I have been meaning to pick it up however can someone please formally explain why people argue that this is one of if not the best video game of all time?

Fantastic battle and game mechanics that are familiar, yet feel very fresh, with innovative dual and triple techs you can pull off with certain party members. Wonderfully fleshed out world, with time travelling that hasn't been done as well before or since. Fantastic characters, among them perhaps the best anti-hero of all time. Perhaps the best soundtrack in a game ever, and artwork by Akira Toriyama of Dragon Ball fame. Amazing story with multiple different choices in the game and about a dozen endings.

The best game ever.

Official "rare download" assistant
Best YT show here!
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, No More Heroes, Persona 2: IS, Ys 1
Recently beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai