Retro Forum

Topic: Retro recommendations thread

Showing 481 to 500 of 636

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

481. Posted:

Everyone that's a fan of Horror games I recommend Splatterhouse 2 & 3 for the Genesis.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

482. Posted:

Snake rattle 'n Roll!!!! WoAaAaAaAAAa!!! :p One of the more unique NES title that i'm guessing wasn't exactly too popular in the day when mullets were mega, and music was mighty. lol Those chip tunes belong in a burger joint. :p

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

483. Posted:

MikeDanger1 wrote:

Everyone that's a fan of Horror games I recommend Splatterhouse 2 & 3 for the Genesis.

Jason Vorhees would be proud!
And no love for the Arcade or VC original? It's too bad we didn't get the superior arcade version. The Turbo GFX VC emulation looked blurry as well, and things were missing or incimplete from the arcade version aside from looking lack luster in comparison. Had a fantastic soundtrack though! B-)

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

484. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

MikeDanger1 wrote:

Jason Vorhees would be proud!
And no love for the Arcade or VC original? It's too bad we didn't get the superior arcade version. The Turbo GFX VC emulation looked blurry as well, and things were missing or incimplete from the arcade version aside from looking lack luster in comparison. Had a fantastic soundtrack though! B-)

Japan DID get the original arcade game there, so that may come over, but I don't know for sure.

Speaking of TG-16 games, I'm looking to find a cheap TG-16 and the CD add-on, and to also buy YS III, but they are all expensive, so I can't seem to decide... Should I buy a TG-16 or not?

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

485. Posted:

Should I get Micro Machines 64? I love the toys and the game looks awesome.

Edited on by The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

486. Posted:

For those that have played TMNT III: The Manhatten Project for the NES, do you think it bests TMNT II: The Arcade game?
TMNT II was clearly more popular, and it was always one of my most beloved and cherrished NES titles and wholy mother of He-man was it tough to rent. Practically everytime i arrived at the videostore i'd see it's amazing box/art with the missing Flueresencent colored case that 'would' of been behind it IF it were in. Sure, TMNT II for the NES obviously wasn't as crazy-rad as the mind blowing & flashy Arcade version, but to have it downgraded to 8-bit form on a home console regardless was a groovylicious pizza smashin' good old time indeed! B-)

Untitled

Yet I never once touched TMNT III...To Sum it up, it completely escaped me. I DO have it on cart now...But I guess I'm waiting for that perfect moment. Like Y'Noid knockin on my door on a blistering hot summer day and handing me 10 large pepporini ice cream pizza's, having the Beach Boys blasting full force in the background, while I'm doing the Urcle dance with Mikey and a sizzlin' clan of funky' Foot Soldiers . Hmmm, i guess i should lower my epic expectations just a notchy'. :D

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

487. Posted:

@Wavester: I am right there with you man on renting TMNT II, I think I maybe rented it two times. Luck for me my friend had it so I would just either go over to his place and play or borrow it from him. As far as TMNT III goes I thought it was just as good as the second one. There were some improvements like each Turtle had his own special move. The level design was on par and they used a few of the unknown villains as bosses like Ground Chuck and Dirtbag. It is a toobulriftic turtle adventure that shouldn't be missed.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

488. Posted:

Chip 'n dale Rescue Rangers was another which was extremely tough to rent as well. The only copy that my local video store had was always out. I remember one random kid keeping it long over due, actually it must of been around 3 weeks haha. His mom most of been pretty peed' about the onslought of late chargers. When really, it was probably just a standard 2 day rental. :p

Anyways, I need to get on TMNT III and score mysel a copy of that super rare(yet cheap) TMNT III: Radical Rescue for the GameBoy. Good thing i have a 20" 1992 Tube on Standbye considering my 60" Plasma doesn't even have a basic composite connetion. Then again, i 'could' use that relic of an RF adapter, but i'm not down for the quality downgrade. :p Even then, playing these classics on any HDTV jus doesnt cut it when stacked up to those classic tube tv's. They were DESIGNED for those after all.

And out of pure randomness, has anybody beaten Back to the Future for the NES? :p You have to admit, the Angry Video Game Nerd IS most likely thee' reason why many of us would even want to tackle such mega medicority.lol

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

489. Posted:

Is Animaniacs for SNES any good?

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

490. Posted:

The_Ink_Pit_Ox wrote:

Is Animaniacs for SNES any good?

From what I can remember it was short, easy, but fun. Keep in mind it has been some number of years since I played it.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

491. Posted:

Cool. What about Micro Machines 64?

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

492. Posted:

Bonkers! and Rocko's Modern Life for SNES?

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

493. Posted:

I've recently purchased a Retro Duo, and I'm looking for good SNES games not available on Wii's Virtual Console. I've had a Sega Genesis with a large collection for many years, so I'm also not interested in anything that also has a Sega port. Also, I've already got Yoshi's Island on my 3DS, and I'd rather play Star Fox 64 on my 3DS than the original Star Fox.

I'm definitely getting "TMNT: Turtles in Time" and "Earthbound" as soon as I can find a copy (reasonably priced in Earthbound's case). I've heard that the SNES version of "Aladdin" is different from the Genesis version. Is it any good? What else would you recommend (that was released in North America if you haven't yet figured it out)?

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

494. Posted:

@Waveboy TMNT III is my all-time favorite NES game. I think it's much better than TMNT II, even if you excuse the glitch jumping that frequently occurs in TMNT II when I play it on my Retro Duo. (Does it have that problem when playing it on an actual NES?)

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912

AuthorMessage

CommanderV

495. Posted:

Excite bike 64. Is it worth playing for £7.

CommanderV

AuthorMessage

kevohki

496. Posted:

Astro wrote:

Excite bike 64. Is it worth playing for £7.

I think it's worth that price.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

497. Posted:

BulbasaurusRex wrote:

@Waveboy TMNT III is my all-time favorite NES game. I think it's much better than TMNT II, even if you excuse the glitch jumping that frequently occurs in TMNT II when I play it on my Retro Duo. (Does it have that problem when playing it on an actual NES?)

Couldn't tell you, the last time i dove into my copy of TMNT II: The Arcade game must of been around 3 years ago where i played it for maybe around 10-15 minutes tops during a Vonderful' hot summer morning hangover. :* I guess you could say, i was feeling a bit....Shell shocked?(Insert Dr. Evil laugh)

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Driveshaft815

498. Posted:

I just bought a Dreamcast a couple days ago, and it's the first Sega console I've ever owned. Anyone want to recommend me some games to get for it? At the time, I only have NFL 2k1 and Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation. I'm not picky on genres, although I like a good sports game, platformer, and RPG.

Driveshaft815

Twitter: RobertKilgannon

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

499. Posted:

Grandia II and Skies of Arcadia are good RPGs for it. You might also be interested in Phantasy Star Online.
SoL when it comes to Platformers, unless you somehow haven't played Sonic Adventure 1 and 2.
I can't imagine any of the sports games have held up well, but I could be wrong, haven't tried them myself.

As for other games, there's Hydro Thunder, nearly all of the fighting games on the system, Maken X (JP import), Giga Wing 2, Gunbird 2, Mars Matrix, Chu Chu Rocket, Crazi Taxi, and Shenmue.

I also really want to recommend Record of Lodoss War and Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise From the Ashes, but those are really niche. The latter is especially a b**** to control, and would require lots of practice just to make it through the first set of missions.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

500. Posted:

Gundam Side Story 0079: Rise From the Ashes is a superb mech action game. Tech Romancer is a fantastic fighting game. Skies of Arcadia was the system's best RPG, imo.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah