Retro Forum

Topic: Retro recommendations thread

Showing 461 to 480 of 641

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

461. Posted:

Mk_II wrote:

Billy Hatcher is a great game. Donkey Konga is a nice addition if you've already got a Bongo Controller. Mario Kart Double Dash!! is worth every cent.

Billy Hatcher I'll try to grab on the cheap. A friend of mine who recently got the game just told me it doesn't make a good first impression and the controls are pretty bad, which is in-line with a Nintendo Power I once read. And I intend to get a Bongo Controller for Jungle Beat, so I'll probably get Donkey Konga. I just don't know if I should get the second as well, or maybe even skip the first one and just the get the second. I'll grab Mario Kart: Double Dash!! soonish, I'm looking at it and Luigi's Mansion on eBay right now.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ogo79

462. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

So I was searching on Ebay and I came across Xexyz! I have totally forgot about that game until now. I remember thinking it was pretty cool back in the day? Anybody played it recently? It's cheap now so I probably should snatch it up before before people get wind of it and jack up the price

yeah i was going to get it myself, but ill probably get bashi bazook (nes repro) instead.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

463. Posted:

But Bio Senshi Dan is cooler because the cart is radioactive green. :)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

464. Posted:

• Billy Hatcher & The Giant Egg - Pretty decent game. Nothing great but nothing outright bad. A classic "that was a fun rental" sort of game.
  • Bomberman Generation and Jetters - Generations is better and quite good. Jetters is the lazy sequel that isn't as good.
  • Custom Robo - It's fun if you can tolerate a generic, lame, unfunny, Saturday Morning anime story. Some really cool miniature robot fights.
  • Donkey Konga and 2 - Original was fun enough.
  • Kirby Air Ride, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - KAR is amazing buy it now, Luigi's Mansion is fun, Double Dash is the most middle of the road Mario Kart.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

465. Posted:

Eh, I didn't like Billy Hatcher or Kirby Air Ride so much, but there are people that swear by them. Double Dash is fun, and the dual racer mechanic can lend a small bit of strategy to races that's unique compared to the rest of the series, but I still don't see too much point if you already own a more recent version of Mario Kart.

I like Luigi's Mansion a lot, but my recommendation would come down to whether you feel like dropping $20+ on a game that'll last you one or two sittings before you complete it.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

CommanderAudio

466. Posted:

Maybe I'm a little cuckoo, but I thought 007: From Russia With Love was a great game.

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in Swapnote/Letter Box, or M-Rated Status Messages or Swapnotes.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

467. Posted:

I highly recommend Animal Crossing.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

468. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

• Billy Hatcher & The Giant Egg - Pretty decent game. Nothing great but nothing outright bad. A classic "that was a fun rental" sort of game.
  • Bomberman Generation and Jetters - Generations is better and quite good. Jetters is the lazy sequel that isn't as good.
  • Custom Robo - It's fun if you can tolerate a generic, lame, unfunny, Saturday Morning anime story. Some really cool miniature robot fights.
  • Donkey Konga and 2 - Original was fun enough.
  • Kirby Air Ride, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - KAR is amazing buy it now, Luigi's Mansion is fun, Double Dash is the most middle of the road Mario Kart.

Thanks for the help, especially with Bomberman, Donkey Konga, and Custom Robo. Looks like I'll be getting all those games at some point.

KAR: $10
LM: $15
MKDD: $20

Are the prices I'm willing to pay for those games. For KAR, I may have to wait until it comes out on Wii U VC or whatever.

Anybody ever play Lost Kingdom?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ogo79

469. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

But Bio Senshi Dan is cooler because the cart is radioactive green. :)

i know, i know lol
its a little different.
repros are making a come up:
Untitled
did you like cocoron? that game is awesome.

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

470. Posted:

It's not pressing or anything, but I'm looking into getting Final Fantasy V sometime in the near future, since it's one of the two main FF titles between IV and XII I haven't played yet. I'd prefer the GBA version, since I hear it has a superior localization and additional content, but I can't seem to find a used cart anywhere that costs less than $22. So should I hold out for a better deal on a GBA copy, bite the bullet and pay $20+ for it, or buy the cheaper Final Fantasy Anthology?

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

471. Posted:

RevolverLink wrote:

It's not pressing or anything, but I'm looking into getting Final Fantasy V sometime in the near future, since it's one of the two main FF titles between IV and XII I haven't played yet. I'd prefer the GBA version, since I hear it has a superior localization and additional content, but I can't seem to find a used cart anywhere that costs less than $22. So should I hold out for a better deal on a GBA copy, bite the bullet and pay $20+ for it, or buy the cheaper Final Fantasy Anthology?

I found a lot of sellers from Asian countries on Ebay selling it for under $20?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

472. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

Those are for the Super Famicom, and thus are entirely in Japanese.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

473. Posted:

RevolverLink wrote:

Ryno wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

...but I can't seem to find a used cart anywhere that costs less than $22. So should I hold out for a better deal on a GBA copy, bite the bullet and pay $20+ for it, or buy the cheaper Final Fantasy Anthology?

Those are for the Super Famicom and entirely in Japanese.

Seriously? You make me laugh!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New1-FINAL-FANTASY-V-GAMEBOY-ADVANCE-...

Edited on by Ryno

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

474. Posted:

Well, I couldn't find that seller anywhere, so thanks for the heads up. :p

The Revloggery

AuthorMessage

KingMike

475. Posted:

That's a bootleg. Notice the missing Square-Enix and Nintendo logos.
Also, google the product code AGB-BYME-USA. You'll see that's the product code for some cheap game called Monster Trucks Madness, which has reused for several other bootlegs.
The proper AGB code is BZ5E (US version) or BZ5E (EU version).
Here's a photo of my real cart.
Untitled
(other sign is that the seller says "new" but it's open. Clearly it's not new.)

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Ryno

476. Posted:

@KingMike: Yeah, I was wondering if those sellers from overseas were some GameBoy Advance bootleggers! Why Gameboy Advance games though? Doesn't seem like a whole lot of money compared to other systems.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

DayOfLavos

477. Posted:

I cannot recommend EarthBound on the Super Nintendo enough. This game is life changing. It's expensive, but worth every penny. One of the best RPGs on the system.

Also, Solar Jetman: Hunt for the Golden Warpship is a great NES game that you should definitely check out too. It's pretty hard, but pretty much every NES game is difficult. (except Duck Hunt or something)

It's a good thing I have some shoe stickers

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

478. Posted:

I want to recommend to really obscure, but still incredibly awesome handheld. The Neo Geo Pocket Color,
Untitled
This bad boy is probably my favorite non-Nintendo handheld, it has a fantasic library of Fighting games as all SNK platforms should, but the RPG, puzzle, and sports genres are also (supposed) to be just as good. Here are some games that I have/I don't have that I think/I have heard are good.
1. SNK Vs. Capcom Match of the Millennium, awesome pre-PSP era fighting game.
2. ALL of the Pocket Fighting series, all of them rock from what I have heard the only disappointing one is Fatal Fury. There are some rarer ones like Gals Fighters and The Last Blade.
3. Sonic Pocket Adventure, literally besides the 2 Metal Slug games this is the only platformer on the NGPC.
4. Metal Slug 1st/2nd mission, same thing as Sonic
5. Bust a Move Pocket, I have heard it is a good puzzle game look for the more common European version Puzzle Bobble Mini.
6. The Pocket Sports series, it has got baseball, soccer (football), tennis, and golf.

Edited on by HandheldGuru97

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems and games!!!!!!!!!!
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97
And my Blog! HandheldBlog

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

ogo79

479. Posted:

here are some underrated games i recommend:
majyuuou aka king of demons-snes/super famicom
atomic runner-genesis
cocoron-nes/famicom
valis 1, syd of valis (valis 2) and valis 3-genesis
kick master-nes
shatterhand-nes
moon crystal-nes/famicom
ghost sweeper mikami-super famicom
panic restaraunt-nes
holy diver-nes/famicom
super valis 4-snes
run saber-snes
soldiers of fortune-snes/genesis
power blade 1 and power blade 2-nes
little samson-nes
body count-mega drive/genesis
midnight resistance-genesis
mother (earthbound 0) i call it earthbound 1-nes/famicom
cosmo police galivan-nes/famicom
monster party-nes
gunmans proof-snes/super famicom
:)

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

480. Posted:

Square-enixFan wrote:

1. SNK Vs. Capcom Match of the Millennium, awesome pre-PSP era fighting game.

I second this recommendation!

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~