Retro Forum

Topic: Retro recommendations thread

Showing 421 to 440 of 641

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

421. Posted:

I'm interested in getting a Sega Saturn someday, maybe even really soon. I like most kinds of games except sports. Price and region won't matter to me, since I'll be keeping this list around for a long time.

I actually already have some saturn games:

US:

Albert Odyssey

JP:

SMT: Soul Hackers
Linkle Liver Story

I also have Dragon Force on watch on eBay.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Mk_II

422. Posted:

Has anyone here played NES games on an HD TV? How bad does it look?

depends on (a) the game and (b) the TV. Not all HDTV's are created equal

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code 0731-4737-4010 AC:NL Dream Code 7600-2509-4051 Animal Crossing Blog

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

423. Posted:

Does anyone recommended Kirby 64? I really want it, because I love Kirby and it looks cool, but I hear so many mixed things about.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

424. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Does anyone recommended Kirby 64? I really want it, because I love Kirby and it looks cool, but I hear so many mixed things about.

I certainly don't.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

425. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

[/div]

I certainly don't.

Care to elaborate?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

firearrow505

426. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Well it might be the worst kirby game but it's not that bad the Music is good the boss battles are ok not the best kirby game but yous should try it out if you really like kirby.

N-Nintendo has found

3-3 ways to

D-Destroy

S-Sony

How real men get the firearrows

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

427. Posted:

It's a boring game. Kirby's slow, and most of his stages are pretty straight forward, IIRC. It's got some challenge to it at points, but not much. The hardest part is finding the last few crystals to get to the only good part of the game, the true final boss, which for some reason is a rail shooter segment. Those crystals are stupidly placed, IMO. Feel free to look them up, you may not ever find them otherwise. Compared to other Kirby games, it's easily the worst I've played. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that some of the power combinations are useless, and you need to get through most of a very long levels (did I mention some of the levels are too long?) while holding on to the worst power combination in the game on a stage where you can't get that combination. It's more annoying than it is challenging. You still fly through most of the stage, but there's one part you need to watch out for where there's lava tubes that you might hit and cause you to lose your power, all so you can get one of those crystal things.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

428. Posted:

Alright then. Thanks Mickeymac. I won't be getting the game now.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

429. Posted:

Besides, they overcharge people on the net for that game. Like, $20 in good condition cart-only. It'll likely be on that new compilation they're coming out with. If you ever get a Wii or a Wii U, you could always play it then, along with a bunch of better games.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

430. Posted:

Anybody know any good Neo Geo Pocket Color games? I have Sonic Pocket Adventures and will be getting SNK VS Capcom: Match of the Millenium very soon. I'm also thinking of getting The Last Blade and Samurai Shodown! 2, and maybe Fatal Fury: First Contact and King of Fighters R-2. I know the NGPC has good games besides fighting games, I just forgot what they were. :P

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Emaan

431. Posted:

@Retro, if you love Kirby. Give Kirby 64 a try. Its not the best Kirby game, but I stills still a lot of fun.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

432. Posted:

There's a decent Sonic game on the Neo Geo Pocket Color. :P (Gosh, that's such a fun name to say!)

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

433. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

There's a decent Sonic game on the Neo Geo Pocket Color. :P (Gosh, that's such a fun name to say!)

[/div]

Yup, Got that with the console. It's a little too much like Sonic 2 (Genesis), but still very fun. And yes, it's a fun name to say. :P

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

434. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Anybody know any good Neo Geo Pocket Color games? I have Sonic Pocket Adventures and will be getting SNK VS Capcom: Match of the Millenium very soon. I'm also thinking of getting The Last Blade and Samurai Shodown! 2, and maybe Fatal Fury: First Contact and King of Fighters R-2. I know the NGPC has good games besides fighting games, I just forgot what they were. :P

There are many fantastic games for the Neo Geo Pocket Color. SNK VS Capcom: Match of the Millenium is awesome, I just got it today, but from what I have played it is great. The other fighter game I have is King of Fighters R-2 very well done, but I don't it would be a good one to get after MotM, as your first fighting game for the system it is prefect and cheaper than MotM. Some of the non-fighting games Bust a Move Pocket ( Puzzle Bobble Mini the more common European version of the game) is supposed to be a great puzzle game I don't have it though. Pac-man is a cheap classic as always. The Metal Slug games are good, but I have only played the first one so far and I am loving it. Than there are some awesome RPG's I have heard about for the system. The Neo Geo Pocket has loads more awesome games, I believe IGN even has some reviews on some the games, I hope enjoy which ever games you may get for the system.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems and games!!!!!!!!!!
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97
And my Blog! HandheldBlog

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

435. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

Yup, Got that with the console. It's a little too much like Sonic 2 (Genesis), but still very fun. And yes, it's a fun name to say. :P

Oh man. Didn't see you listed it as one of the games you already have. Sorry, I'm of no use then.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

436. Posted:

Square-enixFan wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

There are many fantastic games for the Neo Geo Pocket Color. SNK VS Capcom: Match of the Millenium is awesome, I just got it today, but from what I have played it is great. The other fighter game I have is King of Fighters R-2 very well done, but I don't it would be a good one to get after MotM, as your first fighting game for the system it is prefect and cheaper than MotM. Some of the non-fighting games Bust a Move Pocket ( Puzzle Bobble Mini the more common European version of the game) is supposed to be a great puzzle game I don't have it though. Pac-man is a cheap classic as always. The Metal Slug games are good, but I have only played the first one so far and I am loving it. Than there are some awesome RPG's I have heard about for the system. The Neo Geo Pocket has loads more awesome games, I believe IGN even has some reviews on some the games, I hope enjoy which ever games you may get for the system.

Thanks Sqenix, I forgot about the Metal Slugs and RPGs. I'm looking at the list of games right now, and it seems most of the games were stuck in Japan. :( So as far as NA games go, those ones we mentioned along with Gals Fighters, BioMotor Unitron, Dark Arms, and Fasalei are all that's left to get until I have to start importing. Thanks.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

437. Posted:

@Mickeymac
here is another great site if you want more info about the NGPC.
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/snkneo-geo/games-that-defined-...

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems and games!!!!!!!!!!
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97
And my Blog! HandheldBlog

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

438. Posted:

Square-enixFan wrote:

@Mickeymac
here is another great site if you want more info about the NGPC.
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/snkneo-geo/games-that-defined-...

Bookmarked. Thanks a lot, man. :)

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

PoorVGameNerd

439. Posted:

All three of the original Donkey Kong Country games are great. I suggest you play them all. Number 1 is my favorite, and number 2 has an amazing soundtrack but it's incredibly hard. The stickerbrush levels were extremely frustrating but the final battle with K. Rool was totally worth it. Great fight, AWESOME MUSIC. Seriously, Youtube the Donkey Kong Country OST right now. DKC three was a solid game but the music was pretty weak. Most of it was written by another Rare employee instead of Dave Wise. Not sure why I know that, guess I'm just a die hard retro gamer.

www.poorvideogamenerd.com
Retro Nintendo Game Reviews

AuthorMessage

KingMike

440. Posted:

I think I can see why it seems like DKC2 is the favorite of the trilogy. It gave the animals more attention for a bit more variety in the level design. Also, the second game challenged you to track down and finish all the bonus areas if you wanted to reach and finish all the secret levels, giving you a bit more incentive to get a perfect score, than just some different ending text in the first game.
Yes, many gamers might have painful memories of Animal Antics, but it's a real sense of accomplishment once you finally make it.
I think the third might have gone a bit overboard with the gimmick levels (Lightning Look-Out was the only one to actually give me a nightmare), and those Simon minigames were just frustrating (not so bad on the early ones when it's only four buttons, but when the later ones go up to nine-key randomized patterns, it's pretty bad).

KingMike