Retro Forum

Topic: Retro recommendations thread

Showing 341 to 360 of 620

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

341. Posted:

No Battle is the best Sonic game ever. Get it.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

342. Posted:

Yeah, what Viewtiful_Joe said. I haven't played it, but CLementJ's walkthrough of it on youtube looks fun.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

SeriousSamus05

343. Posted:

i was searching for some games you recently and i found this called Zerotek on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQUu8asqknw looks like action platforming type if your into that
too bad i dont have iphone though lol.

SeriousSamus05

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

344. Posted:

Untitled Untitled

Does anybody remember Snow Bros for the NES? I'm pretty sure it arrived very late in the NES's life cycle. In a way, it felt like Capcom's answer to Bubble Bobble and it was definitly the better game no doubt about it. Yet for some odd reason SnowBros irritated the Hedgehog-hell out of me half the time....I have a semi-love/hate relationship with it

I also rememeber having to trade in 7 NES games + Cash to actually get it. It retailed for $100
when it hit the shelves, at least at that weezly video game shop that I went to. While I enjoyed it in the beginning...All i could think about was wanting my 7 NES games back! :p I'm pretty sure Contra was one of the lucky 7 as well. doh!

anyways! I used copy on ebay will Rocksteady run you $170. :o

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

345. Posted:

Oh man!....My(oh, I mean my 'brothers' upcomming bodacious Birthday present :p) Sega Genesis(Model 1) arrived in the mail today with 1 controller and a surge of radical retro Nostalgia sent me flying back into my couch while my hair shot elec man electricity causing my TV to explode into Golden Axe Medieval mega pixels! say that one 5 times fast.

I haven't layed my Kajagoogoo hands on the Sega Genesis that i owned since i was 11! :o

It's sad that it's not mine, i really need to get one of these pronto!
With that said i have a pretty good idea and selection of games i want to get down the yellow brick road, but what are some of your picks? And anything But Sonic + Streets or Rage :p Not a fan of Sonic, what can i say even though i've got wicked Nostalgia for the original...But 3 does look pretty ace. SOR 1 & 2 I used to love but I'm not a big fan of beat em ups anymore unless it's got TMNT in the title. :p

Here are the titles i have in mind... B-)

Castle of Illusion - (Oh god i loved this game, my very first Genesis title during it's release)
Decap Attack _ (Got it CIB for my brother)
Rocket Knight Adventures
Castlevania: Bloodlines
World of Illusion
Splatterhouse 2
GunStar Heroes

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

346. Posted:

@Waveboy: I remember Snow Bros. I remember playing it over at a friends house really enjoying it. I enjoyed it so much that I tried to track down a copy of my own but I could never find one and every time I went to my local video store to rent it I was always heartbroken when I didnt see the empty plastic box behind the game box. I know that they also had a Gameboy version as well maybe if we are really lucky Capcom will release it on the 3DS VC.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Ryno

347. Posted:

I never played Snow Brothers. I wasn't into the Peter Pan puzzler's during the days in NES Never-never land. I would love it for my collection now though! :D

As for the Genesis, here are some recomendations:

• Beyond Oasis - One of my favorite Genesis games, It's like A Link to the Past
  • Contra: Hard Corps - Duh? :p
  • Comix Zone - One of the most unique games, you would love it!
  • Strider - Ever played the original arcade version? Just an awesome, awesome game. Supposedly was announced to come to the VC?
  • Shinobi III - I just love Ninja games :D
  • Ristar - Great colorful platformer developed by Sonic Team. This game could have been big if it didn't come at the end of the lifecycle
  • Ecco - Seeing as you are the Waveboy and the games takes place in the ocean? Dunno...

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

348. Posted:

Thanks for the recommendO's RynoGiaden ;)
I'll be sure to check out Beyond Oasis, Contra Hard Corps(Captain Obvious!) and Strider especially. I was never too crazy over Comix Zone I'll admit, although i can't deny that it's insanely unique and there's nothing else quite like it. I ended up finally beating the cooky comic braweler on the Wii's VC last year too and overall I found the experience to be not too shabby.
Also, more proof that the Sega Genesis Sound chip sounds like it was developed by Satan himself. :p

And you know, I think I'll be keeping that glamtastic Genesis that i planned on getting my Brother for his B-day. Reason being is because he owes me money and it's been over 2 months now and he basically keeps dishing out the lies saying he doesn't have it. I always hear, "Oh....I'll give it to you for sure tomorrow" "Oh, i don't have it yet, I get payed on Thursday" "Oh, ya for sure I'll get it tonight" and blah blah blah. He's done this far too many times to count and I'll never lend him money ever again.

So after asking him 'again' today if he had it i basically got the same tired BS response, "I don't get payed until thursday"....lol insanity i tell you. So I basically told him "You know that money you owe me? Ya, you can just keep it. There's you're birthday present" :p He gave me the dirtiest look ever, while i just stood there with the most righteous Bad-dudes Evil grimmis grin. lol

But yup! He knew a week beforehand that i got him a pretty killer and nostalgiac present and that i spent over $70 on it, but he still refuses to pay me back. Oh well, I've now got a Sega Genesis and a copy of Decap Attack CIB. I gaurantee he would of played it for 15 minutes and never would of touched it again anyways. Time for the Wavemyster to actually put it to use!

System wise I'm rocking...

Nes, Snes, N64, GCN, Wii & Genesis.
Gameboy, Gameboy Color, GBA SP, DS Lite & 3DS

All I need now is an Atari 2600 and my console collection is complete. B-)

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Ryno

349. Posted:

Nice Wavedude, way to score a Genesis and add to that gnarly console collection of yours! So did you get one with the box, I think the picture you posted in the purchase section showed the box? I never played Decap Attack though sounds like Decap may as captivating as witnessing a Casey Jones hockey stick beatdown. Oh, I just wanted to mention, though you may have already used your physic power you received from Castle Greyskull that the Genesis Strider is totally different than NES Strider by the way.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

350. Posted:

Nah, no box. that was just one of Sega's early & smashtastic promotional pictures, instead i got the console with 1 controller and cables which all came in tip top fantastic condition. B-) And Decap Attack is quite the blast and boasts one of the greatest sound tracks to ever grace the Johnny Genesis. I haven't played it since the earlish 90's, so it's going to be quite the treaty' to be experiencing this Mummified ghoulish funky fresh graveyard romp once again. :D

And isn't Strider for the Genny' the Arcade port? I swear I remember seeing Strider in the arcades, and I'm guessing either the SNES or Genesis could of handeled it....Only with the legendary Bozo Blast Processing of course. ;)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

351. Posted:

@Waveboy: Dont forget the Streets of Rage series and Castlevania as well those are a must have for a Genesis owner.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

352. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Waveboy: Dont forget the Streets of Rage series and Castlevania as well those are a must have for a Genesis owner.

Bloodlines is the very reason why i wanted to score a Genesis aside from Nostalgia with the Genesis itself. Since I'm not going to wait for it to hit the Wii's VC if it even does for that matter....Stupid Konami. :p Anyways, Streets of Rage, oh how i love thee'. :D I remember picking that up along with a 2nd 3 button Genesis controller at some crazy flashy videogame shop at the mall which seemed enormous for the time. The Sega Genesis was being advertised in full force during and all i remember was seeing excited kids and the like waiting to get a taste of the newest & latest 16 bit gaming tech. :D Forget Sonic, I was all about Casle of Illusion hehe.

Anyways, SOR 1 is my favorite of the 3. Most people love 2 and i can see why but I'm more of an earlier Genny kid...As i kind of tuned out of the system during it's last 2-3 years because of the SNES. Oh and i found SOR3 pretty bland with one terrible score in comparison to the other 2. The graphics looked uglier or just less appealing, the music was incredibly grating and dirty and they practically had a million enemies that looked the same while on-screen. So much for variety!

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

353. Posted:

I never played Castle of Illusion mostly it was the Sonic games Streets of Rage, TMNT Hyperstone Heist, Bloodlines and a few other games.

And yes I have to agree with you about SoR 3 it was no where near as good as the first two.

Do you plan on getting the CD or 32X add ons?

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

ogo79

354. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Nah, no box. that was just one of Sega's early & smashtastic promotional pictures, instead i got the console with 1 controller and cables which all came in tip top fantastic condition. B-) And Decap Attack is quite the blast and boasts one of the greatest sound tracks to ever grace the Johnny Genesis. I haven't played it since the earlish 90's, so it's going to be quite the treaty' to be experiencing this Mummified ghoulish funky fresh graveyard romp once again. :D

And isn't Strider for the Genny' the Arcade port? I swear I remember seeing Strider in the arcades, and I'm guessing either the SNES or Genesis could of handeled it....Only with the legendary Bozo Blast Processing of course. ;)

yes Strider was in the arcade. i seen it a couple of times myself. the genesis version is a very close port to the arcade. its a great game as well. i have the arcade version on Capcom Classics Collection Volume 2 for ps2. also i mentioned a while back that there is a game called Run Saber for snes that was made by some of Capcom/Striders ex staff. its good too.
since were talking about genesis games, let me recommend the Valis series.

Edited on by ogo79

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

355. Posted:

I'm surprised Run Saber was apparently never released in Japan (credited to Hori).
Possibly it was censored, because some guy auctioned a proto on ebay several years ago.
Apparently one boss was changed from a normal lady to a mummified lady (lucky I saved the picture to the Internet).
And the slide was changed to Down+Jump to R. Seller said nothing else was changed, but we'll never know, since for one thing, don't remember if it sold, and second he put in some "if you win, you must sign a written agreement not to distribute the ROM" clause (preventing anyone else from trying to find other changes). :P
Luckily I backed up the photo:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g155/sahagin/runsaberboss.jpg

KingMike

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

356. Posted:

I need something else for my Super Game Boy.

I ALREADY HAVE:
Super Mario Land 2
Donkey Kong

I HAVE ON MY 3DS
Super Mario Land
Radar Mission

Any recommendations?

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

ogo79

357. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

I'm surprised Run Saber was apparently never released in Japan (credited to Hori).
Possibly it was censored, because some guy auctioned a proto on ebay several years ago.
Apparently one boss was changed from a normal lady to a mummified lady (lucky I saved the picture to the Internet).
And the slide was changed to Down+Jump to R. Seller said nothing else was changed, but we'll never know, since for one thing, don't remember if it sold, and second he put in some "if you win, you must sign a written agreement not to distribute the ROM" clause (preventing anyone else from trying to find other changes). :P
Luckily I backed up the photo:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g155/sahagin/runsaberboss.jpg

cool, thanks for that. im glad they kept the mummy chick in the game

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Karakato

358. Posted:

So for the past month, I have bought:

• A Neo Geo Pocket Color with Gals fighters, Cool cool Jam, Some pachislot game, and the Ultimately rare and Awesome Rockman Power battle and fighters.
  • A Wonderswan Color with a Chocobo Sim game that would be great if I understood what I was doing.
  • An NGage with alot of crummy ports and a decent SRPG :D

So any recommendations for those systems?
I'll be grabbing Match of the Millenium, Boimotor Unitron, Sonic, Pacman and Cutton for the NGPC; Megaman and Bass 2 for the Wonderswan; And Ashens for the Ngage.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Ryno

359. Posted:

Anybody ever played Haunted Castle in the arcade or for the PS2?

Untitled

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

360. Posted:

@Ryno: Yeah I've tried it. It wasn't too great.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91