Retro Forum

Topic: Retro recommendations thread

Showing 321 to 340 of 641

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

321. Posted:

Anyone know about some good Gameboy Advance games, seeing these 10th anniversary articles is reminding me why I got my Gameboy Micro. I already have Pokemon Firered, Leafgreen, Sapphire, Mario Kart, Super Mario World, and Golden Sun.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems and games!!!!!!!!!!
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97
And my Blog! HandheldBlog

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

OldBoy

322. Posted:

AstroBoy- Omega Factor. One of the best on GBA imo.

What's this bit for again?

AuthorMessage

misswliu81

323. Posted:

Square-enixFan wrote:

Anyone know about some good Gameboy Advance games, seeing these 10th anniversary articles is reminding me why I got my Gameboy Micro. I already have Pokemon Firered, Leafgreen, Sapphire, Mario Kart, Super Mario World, and Golden Sun.

fire emblem: the sword of flame
metroid fusion
metroid zero mission- remake of the first metroid game with slightly enhanced graphics
gunstar super heroes
jet grind radio
the king of fighters EX: neo blood
kirby and the amazing mirror
legend of zelda: minish cap
megaman zero 1
sonic advance 3
streetfighter alpha 3- lacks a few stages & music from other versions, however all the characters from the arcade version are on it
super puzzle fighter 2 turbo
warioware inc mega microgames

misswliu81

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

324. Posted:

So how different is the original Goldeneye from the Wii version? I unfortunately never played the original, but I played the Wii version and... :I I, uh, wasn't too impressed. I can see why it's popular, but was the 64 version any better?
My friend's control was messed up though...maybe that's why I didn't enjoy it too much.
Anyway decided not to get Total Carnage. I'll just pick up Smash TV if I ever come across it.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

325. Posted:

@Retro: Actually its not that different IMO. Yeah the graphics are early blocky polygons but what do you expect from that era. Gameplay wise its pretty similar to the Wii version but the levels more closely resembled the movie. I would put it on par with other FPS of that time like Doom so if you were a fan of that you will like GE.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Terave

326. Posted:

I just got Resident Evil for the GCN. You think it's worth playing it?

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

327. Posted:

Square-enixFan wrote:

Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis
Sonic Battle
Advance Guardian Heroes
Advance Wars
Astro Boy: Omega Factor
Boktai: The Sun Is in Your Hand
Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django
Breath of Fire
Castlevania Double Pack
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Drill Dozer
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Final Fantasy V Advance
Gunstar Super Heroes[JP, NA], Gunstar Future Heroes[EU]
Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament
Legend of Zelda, The: A Link to the Past
Legend of Zelda, The: The Minish Cap
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mega Man and Bass
Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar
Mega Man Zero 3
Mega Man Zero 4
Metroid Fusion
Metroid: Zero Mission
Ninja Five-O
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon Ruby Version
Sonic Advance & Sonic Pinball Party Combo Pack
Sonic Advance 2
Sonic Advance 3
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2
Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation
Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2
Sword of Mana
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Eternal Duelist Soul
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams
Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

328. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Retro: Actually its not that different IMO. Yeah the graphics are early blocky polygons but what do you expect from that era. Gameplay wise its pretty similar to the Wii version but the levels more closely resembled the movie. I would put it on par with other FPS of that time like Doom so if you were a fan of that you will like GE.

Doom was pretty cool. I'll give this a shot then. Besides it apparently goes really cheap on eBay and it'll be great to bust out at a party. Maybe this Halloween. I'll get it, hopefully it will be fun with multiplayer.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

329. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Doom was pretty cool. I'll give this a shot then. Besides it apparently goes really cheap on eBay and it'll be great to bust out at a party. Maybe this Halloween. I'll get it, hopefully it will be fun with multiplayer.

OMG yes multiplayer in GE was the sh*** back than. Everytime I went to a party over at one of my friends house we would always end up in front of the TV playing GE on N64 for hours lol.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

330. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

OMG yes multiplayer in GE was the sh*** back than. Everytime I went to a party over at one of my friends house we would always end up in front of the TV playing GE on N64 for hours lol.

Hah, it stories like that, that get me hyped for this game! :D My cousins say they would always play multiplayer. Hope my friends can get past the graphics and we play for hours. XD

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

331. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Hah, it stories like that, that get me hyped for this game! :D My cousins say they would always play multiplayer. Hope my friends can get past the graphics and we play for hours. XD

Yeah Retro, I had a PSX so didn't play much N64 but what little I did play the majority was spent on GoldenEye 64 multiplayer. Hope you enjoy it at least half as much as we did!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

332. Posted:

Great, thanks for the tip guys. I Already found one CIB for under $15 . :)

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

333. Posted:

The N64 was a major fat King Hippo of a let down aside from a dozen or so classics. It was completely ground breaking in the beginning with Super Mario 64 which completely blew me away, along with the higly unique controller and amazing analog stick. Then you've got the Zelda's, StarFox(With the introduction of the Rumble Pack), Golden Eye 007 ect ect, but the variety compared to the PSX was completely lacking....no sprite based titles to be seen, which funny enough would of aged timelessly compare to the 64 bit 3D titles which most rocked a below 30 frames per second frame rate. :p Zelda did for example...eek!

My brother had the N64, while i had the PSX...and aside from the nintendo exclusives i was in gaming hell....I couldn't even stand Diddy kong's racing or mario kart 64. Sure the transformation into 3D seemed pretty rad... But these titles completely lost that magical look, the detail and charm of their previous SNES Counterparts. Part of me wishes that the N64 consisted of 50% 3D games and 50% 2D 64-bit sprite based games to please both audiences, but instead we got all 3D! I mean serously, all of those 2D SNES classics have aged PERFECTLY, they're pieces of art and they're just timeless....Imagine what we could of gotten 2D-sprite wise with the power of the N64!?.....Too bad we never got a taste of it, while instead we got blocky and fuzzy wuzzy blurry textured simplistic 3D graphics....While for the time were great, but even then for me they lost the magic of the SNES titles, and those crummy frame rates were the craptastic Fry Guy icing on the turbo Cake. :o

As big as of a nintendo nut as i am, i hated the N64 gen for the most part, it let me down and for me it was beginning of the videogame decline for me...The GCN was a step up imo, and the Wii officially got me back into gaming. That aside, the playstation gave me my fix here and there and it was great to see 32 bit Sprite based tiles such as Mega Man 8, MMX4, Castlevania SOTN, Rayman(espcially!) Tomba ect ect....One of the reasons why i totaly prefered the PSX!, plus we got Resident Evil 1-3 and many more unique titles....

The N64 let me down enormously....yet i need to revisit some a few or so of the titles on the Wii's VC for kicks. :p
And does anybody remember Glover?LOL Glover was the shniz! haha. Anyways, many of the N64 and PSX tiles have aged poorly, but NES and SNES games have aged perfectly. There's nothing worse than a barren simplistic ugly below 30fps 32 bit 3D video game. :p

NES > SNES + Wii > GCN > Galactic Star Man Twinkies > N64

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

334. Posted:

1080 Snowboarding holds up rather well, as long as you're not someone who demands realistic physics in a racer. On the contrary, 1080 is aggressively arcade oriented in its presentation and your most skillful attempts might be upended by exaggerated contact with a piece of scenery. Its rigid approach to steering takes some adjustment, but the payoff lies in the feeling of mastery when you expertly carve your way down a perilous descent.

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

335. Posted:

thelastlemming wrote:

1080 Snowboarding holds up rather well, as long as you're not someone who demands realistic physics in a racer. On the contrary, 1080 is aggressively arcade oriented in its presentation and your most skillful attempts might be upended by exaggerated contact with a piece of scenery. Its rigid approach to steering takes some adjustment, but the payoff lies in the feeling of mastery when you expertly carve your way down a perilous descent.

1080 on the N64 was pretty great I'll admit, it blew my copies of Cool Boarders 1 & 2 for the PSX completely away. :p
They physics and grindage ripped Cool Boarders to shreds. Still, i never really cared for Snowboarding and i lost interest pretty quick. And I'll never forget how pissed off I was when South Park was exlusive to the N64.....regardless of how crappy it was, which i found out after renting it. :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Link245

336. Posted:

How is Sonic Adventure DX: Directors Cut? The most of played of Sonic Adventure 1 or 2 is a demo of SA 1 on XBLA, but I thought it was really fun. I know this game has extra content, so is it worth it?

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

My Gaming Blog at GameInformer

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

337. Posted:

Link245 wrote:

How is Sonic Adventure DX: Directors Cut? The most of played of Sonic Adventure 1 or 2 is a demo of SA 1 on XBLA, but I thought it was really fun. I know this game has extra content, so is it worth it?

I dont know this is a retro forum try asking your question in the other games forums. :P

Gamecube is not a retro system.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Link245

338. Posted:

@Tasuki What? I'm asking about a GC game.

Edited on by Link245

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

339. Posted:

What the....thought you were both Tasuki for a second there. Lol
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's cut is good if you're a sonic fan. I beat the crap out of the game and I dislike sonic. :P

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Link245

340. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo Would you recommend it over Sonic Adventure 2: Battle?

And yep, I stole Tasuki's old avatar. :P

Edited on by Link245

Currently Playing: