Retro Forum

Topic: Retro recommendations thread

Showing 301 to 320 of 645

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

301. Posted:

Super Metroid took me around 19 hours I believe. And I took my time.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

302. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Anyways, ya...It's weird, i'm definitly a bit OCD when it comes to playing certain titles at a certain time. Horror games must be played at night in the dark....And I always play Castlevania with candles lit everywhere hahaha. I did the same thing for Rondo of Blood, III: Dracula's Curse and ReBirth.lol But, there are two times when i won't game period....And that's early in the morning....Or when i't's during the day when the weather is lowsy, rainy and cloudy or when the sun's going down during the evening and that dark bright orange light is bursting through the blinds.lol

I only game during the late morning early after noon when the beautiful sun is shining, or late at night(which i do the most), OR when it's snowy winter wonderland. B-)

thats pretty much me too
if its raining i wont dare to fire up my systems
Thanksgiving and Christmas: Earthbound and special stuffed turkey here i come!

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

MrArcade

303. Posted:

Are there any metroid games for the original gameboy other than metroid 2

MrArcade

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

304. Posted:

I'm reallllly interested in the Gargoyle's Quest franchise, all thanks To Ryno and Nintendo Life's 3DS VC GB Review

Untitled

Anyways, I'll be checking out Gargoyles Quest on the 3DS's GB VC this month, but i wanted to get Gargoyles Quest II for the NES as part of my Halloween Gaming spooky Fiesto for this October. How does it stack up the GB original? B-)

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Link245

305. Posted:

baloonman wrote:

Are there any metroid games for the original gameboy other than metroid 2

Unfortunately, no. I can't decide myself whether to get II, Fusion, or Zero Mission.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

My Gaming Blog at GameInformer

AuthorMessage

MrArcade

306. Posted:

Metroid 2 is cool and puzzling but can get a little too confusing at times. I havn't played fusion or zero mission but what i do know is that fusion has better presentation overall. But if you enjoyed the first metroid, zero mission is one you should really consider.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I12zcu8UuiE&feature=player... - zero mission
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb9-q1qMR1c&feature=player... - fusion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urp0C-bfgng&feature=player... - return of samus

MrArcade

AuthorMessage

Nintenzo

307. Posted:

Can someone recommend me some good Sega Dreamcast games?

Nintenzo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6913-6784 | Nintendo Network ID: Akantares | Twitter: Akantares

AuthorMessage

SKTTR

308. Posted:

Nintenzo wrote:

Can someone recommend me some good Sega Dreamcast games?

Shenmue
Soul Calibur
Skies of Arcadia
Sonic Adventure 2

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage

Ryno

309. Posted:

baloonman wrote:

Metroid 2 is cool and puzzling but can get a little too confusing at times. I havn't played fusion or zero mission but what i do know is that fusion has better presentation overall. But if you enjoyed the first metroid, zero mission is one you should really consider.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I12zcu8UuiE&feature=player... - zero mission
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb9-q1qMR1c&feature=player... - fusion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urp0C-bfgng&feature=player... - return of samus

Yowzer Bowser! You think Metroid II can be confusing at times? Wow, what do you think of the original Metroid non-linear exploration of a quest with no map or hints to aid you?
Also, if you have not played either Fusion or Zero Mission how do you know which one has a better presentation? I have both and Zero Mission is better anyway you take a Ginsu knife and slice it.

WaveBoy wrote:

I'm reallllly interested in the Gargoyle's Quest franchise, all thanks To Ryno and Nintendo Life's 3DS VC GB Review

Anyways, I'll be checking out Gargoyles Quest on the 3DS's GB VC this month, but i wanted to get Gargoyles Quest II for the NES as part of my Halloween Gaming spooky Fiesto for this October. How does it stack up the GB original? B-)

I never played The Demon Darkness and don't know anyone who has so I would like to hear from someone as well! Scary how closeHalloween is, Waveboy you got that Capcom Craze Club costume ironed and ready to go yet? ;)

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Ryno

310. Posted:

Anybody ever played...
Untitled

Looks like a fun little contuation of Turtles in Time minus Mode 7 but now with Blast Processing! :P

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

ogo79

311. Posted:

@Ryno yeah i got that game, its minus the mode 7 thats about it, i beat it a while back

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

312. Posted:

@Oldgamesonly: Didnt it also borrow some elements from the first Arcade game as well?

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

ogo79

313. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Oldgamesonly: Didnt it also borrow some elements from the first Arcade game as well?

yes it did, it was supposed to be Segas answer to TMNT 4 for SNES. its a great game

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

KingMike

314. Posted:

It's not SEGA's answer because Konami made both. :)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

315. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

it was Segas answer to TMNT 4 for SNES.
console wars

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

316. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

KingMike wrote:

it was Segas answer to TMNT 4 for SNES.
console wars

I still found it pretty fun, mind you it wasn't as good as TMNT4 but it was good.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

317. Posted:

So I'm interested in Total Carnage for the SNES. I hear the arcade version is better though, but all the people back that up with is the arcade version is bloodier. Is there anything else? Is the SNES version worth it?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

ogo79

318. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So I'm interested in Total Carnage for the SNES. I hear the arcade version is better though, but all the people back that up with is the arcade version is bloodier. Is there anything else? Is the SNES version worth it?

dont play Total Carnage until you play Super Smash TV for SNES.
Total Carnage was sort of a "sequel" to Super Smash TV and some folks will tell its better

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

319. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

dont play Total Carnage until you play Super Smash TV for SNES.
Total Carnage was sort of a "sequel" to Super Smash TV and some folks will tell its better

I now Total Carnage is a sequel of sorts to Super Smash TV. I've only played the arcade version of Smash TV though.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

320. Posted:

Its not so much a sequel but more of a spiritual successor to Smash TV. I played the SNES version of Total Carnage years ago cause I loved Smash TV on the SNES. All I really remember from Total Carnage is that I really didnt enjoy it as much as Smash TV.

My Backlog