Retro Forum

Topic: Retro recommendations thread

Showing 281 to 300 of 644

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

281. Posted:

Is there enough good games to warrant purchasing a multitap, fixing up one of my broken SNES controllers, and possibly buying a 4th one for my SNES? I know Super bomberman 1&2 are great and I'm going to get Super Bomber man later, but are there more great games that utilize the multitap? I'd look up a list, but google doesn't work on this computer anymore for some reason and I'd like to have the opinions of people who actually played those games.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

282. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo: Well the first one that comes to mind is Secret of Mana but you also have other great games like:

NBA Jam
NBA JAM TE
Saturday Night Slammasters

Most of the other games that make use of the multitap are the Madden games and other sports games like the NBA Live series, the FIFA games and the NHL games. I am not sure how big you are into sports games though.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

283. Posted:

Multitap you say? Look no further Than Super Bomber man. :D This was the ultimate SNES party game for my friends and i back in the day, Mario Kart aside. Yet I never played it's sequals 2 & 3, which I'm guessing are better. They definitly seem more varied, creative and colorful in the visual & graphics department.

Super Bomberman 3

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Link245

284. Posted:

I really want to play Metroid II, but I don't know if a should buy the game or wait for it on 3DS VC. What do you think?

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

My Gaming Blog at GameInformer

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

285. Posted:

Link245 wrote:

I really want to play Metroid II, but I don't know if a should buy the game or wait for it on 3DS VC. What do you think?

If it's an undying urge, yes get it. But if you can wait then just wait until it's released.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Link245

286. Posted:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Link245 wrote:

If it's an undying urge, yes get it. But if you can wait then just wait until it's released.

I want to play it really bad, so I'll think I'll get it.

Edited on by Link245

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Punny

287. Posted:

CzarTheDragon wrote:

What SNES games I should get?

Try Super Metroid and Super Punch-Out!!. They are some of my favorites. :)

I'm back (for the moment)!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

288. Posted:

Highest I should go for Super Bomberman with Black and white Manual? I'd really rather not get it with the boring B/W manual, but so far it's the only affordable auction I can find. (Hopefully it stays affordable.)
Also if you know any site that sells Wild Guns for the SNES for a reasonable price I would really appreciate it. The auctions on ebay always go waaay to high for my wallet. :(

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Ryno

289. Posted:

Anybody ever played this little wacko? Its sounds a little freakazoidial but I love how it has a Ectoplasmic Tabulator and any game with one of those needs some serious consideration for my retro collection.

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

lockelocke

290. Posted:

haha I have never ever seen that game before. looks awesome.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage

KingMike

291. Posted:

It's your standard light-gun game. Supposedly it was the only game to support two Zappers.
At least the arcade version was excessively gory, especially for an '80s game.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

Link245

292. Posted:

I've never played a Four Swords Zelda game, and was thinking about Four Swords Adventures. I know you need a GBA link cable, which I don't own. How hard are they to find? Is this game worth getting? And should I just wait for the original Four Swords to arrive in eShop?

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

293. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Anybody ever played this little wacko? Its sounds a little freakazoidial but I love how it has a Ectoplasmic Tabulator and any game with one of those needs some serious consideration for my retro collection.

Untitled

It's a pretty nasty game. You're pretty much just shooting and killing everything in sight. There's a level where you tortue people. I can't really enjoy it. I think it's an unlicensed NES game, but I could be wrong on that part.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

294. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Untitled

It's a pretty nasty game. You're pretty much just shooting and killing everything in sight. There's a level where you tortue people. I can't really enjoy it. I think it's an unlicensed NES game, but I could be wrong on that part.

Yep it was an unlicensed NES game.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

ogo79

295. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Untitled

oh yeah i know that game
you can buy it too...
it got sold on ebay brand new for like 122$

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

296. Posted:

The coolest thing about Chiller is the totaly awesome Box art...The game however looks to stink worse than a rotting Fester's Quest butt burger. :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

297. Posted:

So how long does it take on average to finish Super Metroid ?
And I mean, i feel like i need to play through Zelda ALTTP and Zelda OOT 3D before Skyward hits which I'm saving for Christmas Demember, same deal with Kirby's Return to Dreamland. And i want to play through Super Mario galaxy 2 before i hit up Super Mario Land 3D which is coming out in November. :p

Now that the killer summer heat is subsiding i can actually game again. :p
Anyways, Super Mertroid and Zelda ALTTP are the two key retro titles i need to experience soon. I'm just so OCD and i wan't everything to be perfect and right, so i can look back on a kick memory.lol But because of my need for everything to be perfect i always delay these 2 classics(for ex) haha.

Edited on by theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

ogo79

298. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

And I mean, i feel like i need to play through Zelda ALTTP and Zelda OOT 3D before Skyward hits which I'm saving for Christmas Demember, same deal with Kirby's Return to Dreamland. And i want to play through Super Mario galaxy 2 before i hit up Super Mario Land 3D which is coming out in November. :p

Anyways, Super Mertroid and Zelda ALTTP are the two key retro titles i need to experience soon. I'm just so OCD and i wan't everything to be perfect and right, so i can look back on a kick memory.lol But because of my need for everything to be perfect i always delay these 2 classics(for ex) haha.

thats funny im the same way with the OCD myself...i play certain games certain times of the year and now that its going to get colder i can get into my october, november and december games. ive been completing other games to get ready for these "winter" games. in october: Splatterhouse 3 and pumpkin pie here i come!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Link245

299. Posted:

Ok, I really can't decide on which Metroid to get. I'm stuck between Metroid II, Fusion, and Zero Mission. Metroid II is coming to eShop, and Fusion is an Ambassador game. Zero Mission could be an Ambassador game as well, and plus I own the original. Metroid II is the cheapest, followed by Fusion, and Zero Mission is the most expensive. I want a Metroid to play on my GBA, but want the best choice, since two are coming to eShop and the other could be on eShop and I own the original. What do you guys think?

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

300. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

thats funny im the same way with the OCD myself...i play certain games certain times of the year and now that its going to get colder i can get into my october, november and december games. ive been completing other games to get ready for these "winter" games. in october: Splatterhouse 3 and pumpkin pie here i come!

haha that's awesome! :p It would be great if that one wounded up arriving on the Wii's VC this Halloween, same deal with Castlevania: Bloodlines especially! But nothing beats the real deal, i totaly should get a Genesis sometime off eBay. Can't count on Konami's pathetic recent support for the VC. :p

Anyways, I've got Ju-on:The Grudge(Wii) & Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles lined up for this Halloween. And I plan on picking up A Nightmare on Elm Street off eBay for the NES, and maybe going at it with Friday the 13th. But yup! Halloween is going to be epic! My radtastic 80's outfit, the spooky halloween music and decorations, the horror movies, the candy, the horror videogames and blah blah blah hehe. B-)

Anyways, ya...It's weird, i'm definitly a bit OCD when it comes to playing certain titles at a certain time. Horror games must be played at night in the dark....And I always play Castlevania with candles lit everywhere hahaha. I did the same thing for Rondo of Blood, III: Dracula's Curse and ReBirth.lol But, there are two times when i won't game period....And that's early in the morning....Or when i't's during the day when the weather is lowsy, rainy and cloudy or when the sun's going down during the evening and that dark bright orange light is bursting through the blinds.lol

I only game during the late morning early after noon when the beautiful sun is shining, or late at night(which i do the most), OR when it's snowy winter wonderland. B-)