Retro Forum

Topic: Retro recommendations thread

Showing 261 to 280 of 644

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

261. Posted:

I've found online listings for Goof Troop SNES and Tale Spin Genesis for about $20 combined including shipping. Should I get them?

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

262. Posted:

StarFox wrote:

I've found online listings for Goof Troop SNES and Tale Spin Genesis for about $20 combined including shipping. Should I get them?

I dont know anything about those 2 games (didn't play any 16-bit Disney games) but at $10 a pop and if you like Disney games I would say go for it.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

263. Posted:

should I bid more then $8 now that Megaman X is on the VC?

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

264. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Speaking of ebay: is Yoshi's Island for the SNES that still saves worth $19 + $3 for shipping?

If you are talking about Super Mario World 2 than heck yes thats a good deal.

Yeah, I was talking about SMW2. Dang, I let it get away. I forgot about the auction and someone else bought it. :( Hope I can find a similar deal someday.
Also, I know people say it's easy to replace the save battery, but I'm WAY too scared I'll brake the game. Is there any place that could possibly do it for me? Sorry about the double post.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ogo79

265. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Also, I know people say it's easy to replace the save battery, but I'm WAY too scared I'll brake the game. Is there any place that could possibly do it for me? Sorry about the double post.

i took two Earthbound games to a retro game store to replace new batteries. if you have a store around you like that i suggest taking it in if you dont feel like fooling with it, im sure i coulda done it myself but i wasnt taking any chances on that game

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

266. Posted:

What are the odds of that GBC Metal gear Solid game coming to VC? Should I just get it off ebay instead of waiting?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_Gamer

267. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

What are the odds of that GBC Metal gear Solid game coming to VC? Should I just get it off ebay instead of waiting?

Well considering none of the NES or MSX Metal Gear games were released on VC you might wanna go with ebay.

Currently Playing:
Zelda II: Adventure of Link

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CzartD

268. Posted:

What SNES games I should get? I have these:
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Mario World
Super Mario All-Stars
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse
Disney's The Lion King
Starwing
Street Fighter II
Tiny Toon Adventures Buster Busts Loose!
Looney Tunes Road Runner
Nintendo Scope 6
NBA JAM
Mortal Kombat
Illusion of Time
Super WrestleMania
Super Tennis
NHL 96
NHL 95
NHL Hockey '94
NHLPA Hockey 93
FIFA International Soccer
International Superstar Soccer Deluxe
Super Soccer

Note that I live in PAL region so I can't get Super Mario RPG. For other NTCS/JAP games I can get Universal Adapter, of course. I would like to have Magical Quest 3, which is Japan only, but I don't know where I could get it.

CzartD

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperSpank

269. Posted:

@Czar F-Zero, and the other donkey kong countries.

I ca vind party hay

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

270. Posted:

Aghhh, i really wish I could remember this one SNES game that I used to play with my best friend back in the day.
I remember Penguins, and other strange creatures wandering around platforms....I can't exactly remember what the main objective was or this and that, aside from the graphics.

If somebody showed me a video or a screenshot I'd easily recognise it. I'm pretty sure it was also a multiplayer game.

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

271. Posted:

Is it better to hook up an NES with AV cables or the power cord thing. I've been seeing multiple auctions on ebay offer one or the other, never both. Does it make a difference which one I hook it up with? Because I want the best experience I can get with Megaman 2 on an original NES, and I heard people say the output is better with the AV cables.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

272. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Is it better to hook up an NES with AV cables or the power cord thing. I've been seeing multiple auctions on ebay offer one or the other, never both. Does it make a difference which one I hook it up with? Because I want the best experience I can get with Megaman 2 on an original NES, and I heard people say the output is better with the AV cables.

Definitly go with the AV Cables, unless you want a blurrier fuzzier picture by using that standard cable connecter(whatever it's called) :p Based on what I remember at least.

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

273. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Is it better to hook up an NES with AV cables or the power cord thing. I've been seeing multiple auctions on ebay offer one or the other, never both. Does it make a difference which one I hook it up with? Because I want the best experience I can get with Megaman 2 on an original NES, and I heard people say the output is better with the AV cables.

Definitly go with the AV Cables, unless you want a blurrier fuzzier picture by using that standard cable connecter(whatever it's called) :p Based on what I remember at least.

Second that. As long as you have an original NES you can use any standard pair of AV composite cables. You can get the red and white super cheap, like around $5 so dont worry about actually getting them with your NES pruchase. With the toploader NES you can only go RF so that is one of the advantages of the original NES besides the fact it is just 10X cooler ;) The picture does look better, I have tried both RF and composite on my 30" LCD with my NES and the composite is sharper, looks amazing actually, especially compared to how drab NES games look on the VC :p

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

274. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Aghhh, i really wish I could remember this one SNES game that I used to play with my best friend back in the day.
I remember Penguins, and other strange creatures wandering around platforms....I can't exactly remember what the main objective was or this and that, aside from the graphics.

If somebody showed me a video or a screenshot I'd easily recognise it. I'm pretty sure it was also a multiplayer game.

Penguins huh? Batman Returns??? Not much to work with that most amazingly detailed description ever :p haha

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

275. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Aghhh, i really wish I could remember this one SNES game that I used to play with my best friend back in the day.
I remember Penguins, and other strange creatures wandering around platforms....I can't exactly remember what the main objective was or this and that, aside from the graphics.

If somebody showed me a video or a screenshot I'd easily recognise it. I'm pretty sure it was also a multiplayer game.

Penguins huh? Batman Returns??? Not much to work with that most amazingly detailed description ever :p haha

I know, I know.lol
I'm having a hard time remembering this one....now I'm starting to think that maybe it was a game for the Super Scope. I remember playing this one inbetween Super Mario Kart and Super Bomber Man, but i keep trying to dig for those memories of this bogus title and all i can visualise and remember are the f****n' penguins.lol

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

276. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Ryno wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Aghhh, i really wish I could remember this one SNES game that I used to play with my best friend back in the day.
I remember Penguins, and other strange creatures wandering around platforms....I can't exactly remember what the main objective was or this and that, aside from the graphics.

If somebody showed me a video or a screenshot I'd easily recognise it. I'm pretty sure it was also a multiplayer game.

Penguins huh? Batman Returns??? Not much to work with that most amazingly detailed description ever :p haha

I know, I know.lol
I'm having a hard time remembering this one....now I'm starting to think that maybe it was a game for the Super Scope. I remember playing this one inbetween Super Mario Kart and Super Bomber Man, but i keep trying to dig for those memories of this bogus title and all i can visualise and remember are the f****n' penguins.lol

James Pond 2?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

277. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Is it better to hook up an NES with AV cables or the power cord thing. I've been seeing multiple auctions on ebay offer one or the other, never both. Does it make a difference which one I hook it up with? Because I want the best experience I can get with Megaman 2 on an original NES, and I heard people say the output is better with the AV cables.

Definitly go with the AV Cables, unless you want a blurrier fuzzier picture by using that standard cable connecter(whatever it's called) :p Based on what I remember at least.

Second that. As long as you have an original NES you can use any standard pair of AV composite cables. You can get the red and white super cheap, like around $5 so dont worry about actually getting them with your NES pruchase. With the toploader NES you can only go RF so that is one of the advantages of the original NES besides the fact it is just 10X cooler ;) The picture does look better, I have tried both RF and composite on my 30" LCD with my NES and the composite is sharper, looks amazing actually, especially compared to how drab NES games look on the VC :p

Awesome thanks for the help guys. :) I'll be getting the auction with the cord thing and just use some AV cables lying around then.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

278. Posted:

No guys, those aren't even close. :p
Anyways, Retro_on_theGo make sure you get a 27" Tube CRT SDTV for your Nes, or any retro 8 or 16 bit console for that matter. It's the perfect size, and you won't have to deal with any of that HD Lag or scaling, plus CRT motion is still king. ;)

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link245

279. Posted:

Hello, I was wondering if I should buy Metroid Prime for Gamecube. I am new to the Metroid series. I had Hunters for DS and did not really like it, but I am willing to give the series another shot.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

My Gaming Blog at GameInformer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

280. Posted:

I'm glad I waited for Mega Man 5 to hit the Wii's VC, instead of dropping down a big wad' of silly cash for it on eBay. Reason being is because it isn't worth buying in the first place. :p It's beautiful, bright and colorful. But with a weak spacey sounding soundtrack, lame weapons, super easy difficutly, and feeling pretty bland overall makes this one of the weaker mid-range MM titles in the francse. It's decent, and by no means bad....But eh, i was left feeling unMEGAsatisfyed.

And how's Rainbow Islands for the NES? B-)
I can't remember if i played this one at the Arcade Room at Chuch E Cheese's, or on the NES during the time. Wasn't it simular to Bubble Bobble?

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!